PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Woodhead Bandwagon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? He looked pretty good to me today. Quick and shifty. I should say, though, that I didn't see him block that much.

Don't ask this guy to block much or he won't be here very long. Seriously, as a "mini faulk" replacement he could be very productive. If today is any indication he will be a good offensive weapon....but he had 2 runs today,.....lets not get ahead of ourselves. He did show great instincts today in limited action tho....and did get his first TD.....CONGRATS WOODSHED!!!!!

Woodhead is a "big" underdog in multiple ways --from too small for the NFL to being picked up off the scrap heap in week 1 from another team. Being on the scrap head was barely more than a week ago. Today he has a 22 yard TD run. Sure, his track record is far from warranting anything. However, given all those facts, it is easy to see how we could become a fan favorite to root for zealously. Count me as one who roots for the underdog quite often.

Don't ask this guy to block much or he won't be here very long. Seriously, as a "mini faulk" replacement he could be very productive. If today is any indication he will be a good offensive weapon....but he had 2 runs today,.....lets not get ahead of ourselves. He did show great instincts today in limited action tho....and did get his first TD.....CONGRATS WOODSHED!!!!!

Woodhead is 5'9, 200. Faulk is 5'8, 202. There's no size-related reason why Woodhead can't handle Faulk's blocking assignments.

Last edited:
Woodhead is 5'9, 200. Faulk is 5'8, 202. There's no size-related reason why Woodhead can't handle Faulk's blocking assignments.

Woodhead says he's 5'7" and small change. I believe it. Faulk is 5'8" max; I've stood next to him his rookie year in Smithfield. Very well built though.

One word .....Experiance. Faulk has seen everything little Woody is a rookie remember?

Indeed. I'm not expecting him to be as good as Faulk. But we need a replacement for Faulk that can do everything he can do. Woodhead, if his blocking abilities are decent enough, might be that guy. Imagine what having him AND Faulk in the backfield together would have been like, though...

Okay, okay guys, before we go crazy over this guy lets remember it's one game and it was against one of the worst run Ds in the nfl. If you can't run on the Bills, you aint running on anybody.

I get the appeal though. Did anyone see that Peyton Hillis had over 100 yards against the Ravens today? The great white hope is back.... ;)

Stop and think. Kevin Faulk is old. BB needed to draft or hope he could sign a UFA in 2011 to develop into a 3rd down change of pace back. Instead he was awake at cutdown time and scooped up Woodhead whom I think has an excellent shot at developing into Kevin "What The" Faulk Release 2.0. Of course at this juncture he lacks experience. The point is, he'll have lots of play time opportunities to learn the role while Hernandez takes some of the pressure off by also making the kinds of playe Kevin did. Woody is faster than Kevin and showed me some very nice cuts in his runs today.

to the ones that had Mareoney jersey jsut tape over the name and be the first to get one

Blocking is all about the low man winning, so he should be fine.:singing:

This guy is so easy to route for, the fact that he got cut from the jets, just makes it that much better.

One word .....Experiance. Faulk has seen everything little Woody is a rookie remember?

That's why I said size-related reason. There are a truckload of reasons why Woodhead isn't ready to replace Faulk. Size isn't one of them.

Last edited:
Woodhead says he's 5'7" and small change. I believe it. Faulk is 5'8" max; I've stood next to him his rookie year in Smithfield. Very well built though.

Fair enough, I'm going by NFL.com's measurements, but yours sound truer and come from a better source. Either way, the point still stands.

People didn't think Welker could make it in the NFL either and look at him now. Don't doubt someone just because they are "tiny" by nfl standards.

I think we should call him GameTime ...

during games we can call him GameTime Wood.

People didn't think Welker could make it in the NFL either and look at him now. Don't doubt someone just because they are "tiny" by nfl standards.

So you're saying size doesn't matter? :D

Quite impressed with Woodhead's game today. That said I'll reserve judgement until the Patriots bring that running game against a quality defense.

Nobody knows how well Woodhead will do in the future, least of all this man... if I knew that sort of stuff beyond a shadow of a doubt, I'd be a hot commodity in the NFL and I'd be making a ton of money.

This said, I really liked what I saw, and it sure is easy to root for a guy like that... which in New England, we're good at doing, from Edelman to Welker, not forgetting Pedroia in another realm.

So welcome to NE, great game, and I look forward to seeing what he does moving forward.

Woodhead says he's 7" and small change. I believe it. Faulk is 8" max; I've stood next to him his rookie year in Smithfield. Very well built though.

Ahem. What goes on in the shower room should stay in the shower room!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back