PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Woodhead as a Modell's employee selling his own jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Danny Woodhead as a "Modell"'s Employee Selling his own jersey

This is awesome.

I have a close friend who's a Jets fan and he can't bear to watch Woodhead. It's great to have such a good player basically handed to us from our rivals

:D

This was absolutely outstanding!

That was awesome.

Danny Woodhead, giving hope to a bunch of short little guys that they could be NFL players one day. (Full disclosure: He and I are about identical in size, and now when people tell me I could never be a football player, I refer them to one Danny Woodhead. :rocker: )

I still think if they ever do a little person live action movie of Scooby Doo, Woodhead would make an excellent Shaggy. He's definitely got the look.

You just blew my mind. I've been trying to place who he looks like and you nailed it. :rocker:

Notice how you never see Danny Woodhead and Jimmy Fallon in the same room at the same time? ;)

I dunno - I think Woodhead is much funnier ;)

Welker from the Phins and Woodhead from the Jets. Maybe CJ Spiller is in the Patriots' future?

Hahahaha

I'' be honest but I'd never heard of this Woodhead before this season, you could see how hard he played on Hard Knocks. I became an immediate fan back then.So i googled his stats and bio, and found this:
Danny Woodhead - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2007, Woodhead accumulated 7,441 yards on the ground, for his career, giving him a career average of 190.8 yards per game.
He has rushed for more than 200 yards in 19 of his 39 appearances and scored in 37 consecutive games, both of which are NCAA all-division records.
After a 208 yard game against Western New Mexico in 2007, he became college football’s all-time leading rusher
He has also recorded 9,259 all purpose yards, which ranks second on the NCAA all-time list. Brian Westbrook (Villanova, 1997 - 2001) currently holds the record with 9,512 total yards of offense.
Barry Sanders is the only college player to accumulate more all-purpose yards than the 3,159 that Woodhead gained in 2006. Sanders managed 3,250 as a junior at Oklahoma State in 1988, when he won the Heisman Trophy.
Woodhead was a Harlon Hill Trophy candidate in 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. He won the trophy in both 2006 and 2007.

Crazy how someone so good plays for a DII school.

Woodhead's father, uncle and brother all played for Chadron State. I believe he had plenty of chances to transfer to DI after his first or second year but because of that bond he just stayed. (His brother is only 1 or 2 yrs older than him so they actually roomed together adding to Woodhead's comfort level).

Also, what Barry Sanders did is remarkable. Considering that it was against competition in what is now known as the Big XII. I would have to put that above Westbrook and Woodhead's records.

Also, if Woodhead could win a ring with the Pats, he'd actually be the second player from his school to, behind Don Beebe if memory serves me correctly, who was with Green Bay in 1996 (remember that game?)

Danny Woodhead: Modell Patriot.

Hahaha, so awesome. "No... no that's not who I am."

That was awesome.

Danny Woodhead, giving hope to a bunch of short little guys that they could be NFL players one day. (Full disclosure: He and I are about identical in size, and now when people tell me I could never be a football player, I refer them to one Danny Woodhead. :rocker: )

Ok, please tell me that you can run a 4.33 40 yard dash and toss up 20 reps of 225. He isn't just short, he is extremely athletic.

Ok, please tell me that you can run a 4.33 40 yard dash and toss up 20 reps of 225. He isn't just short, he is extremely athletic.

Actually, I might be able to with some training. I do parkour, gymnastics, bouldering, slacklining, martial arts, competitive swimming, mime, dance, and all sorts of other movement arts. I don't lift, but I do a lot of high intensity interval training and work on rings and parallettes. Put me in a football strength and conditioning program, and I'll see if I can match his test numbers. :singing:

Woodhead's father, uncle and brother all played for Chadron State. I believe he had plenty of chances to transfer to DI after his first or second year but because of that bond he just stayed. (His brother is only 1 or 2 yrs older than him so they actually roomed together adding to Woodhead's comfort level).

Well, that and the big boys only saw him as a KR/PR, IIRC.

Watch his jersey sales sky rocket off this. :p

Well, that and the big boys only saw him as a KR/PR, IIRC.

that wouldn't surprise me.

Speaking of KR/PR, how do you think Woodhead would stack up against Tate and Welker/Edelmen and Faulk (when he is healthy)?

It seems like Edelmen may be in a dogfight for a job next year and if he can return punts that would be a big plus for him to make the team. But with all these other skill guys, it could be a redundant skill set to have. Also, Tate's production has tailed off a bit, hasn't it?

More of a long term question I suppose.

I love Woodhead. But don't make too much out of his D2 success. He was playing against D2 players. Its kinda like being a top player in the CFL. He would not have those rushing yards if he had gone to a D1 school.

I love Woodhead. But don't make too much out of his D2 success. He was playing against D2 players. Its kinda like being a top player in the CFL. He would not have those rushing yards if he had gone to a D1 school.

Huh? That kind of thinking is why he went undrafted, and look at where he is now.

Huh? That kind of thinking is why he went undrafted, and look at where he is now.

He is a good running back. But lets not pretend his an all-pro running back or if he had gone to a D1 school he would have been in the voting for the Heisman.

Yes, I'll reserve judgement until I see how he does against actual NFL teams.....oh, ummm... wait a second....

He is a good running back. But lets not pretend his an all-pro running back or if he had gone to a D1 school he would have been in the voting for the Heisman.

he would have done a heck of a lot better than Joe McKnight that's for sure;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back