PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny, please don't trade for Allen Iverson!

Real World

Reaction score
Why in god's name would the C's want Allen Iverson? Why? So we can win 38 games, sneak in the playoffs, and be mediocre for the next 2-3 years? Makes no sense to me.

I read a pretty good post on a Celtics blog (pretty good site). Anyway, the guy was saying Philly is trading AI no matter what and will almost surely reap the top pick in the draft. The scanario he laid out was the Celtics would probably get the 8th or 9th pick, which wouldn't give them anything dramatic, even in this deep draft. By trading, they easily win the division and win some playoff games. Of course, they don't include Jefferson, Perkins, Pierce, or Green in the trade.

Why in god's name would the C's want Allen Iverson? Why? So we can win 38 games, sneak in the playoffs, and be mediocre for the next 2-3 years? Makes no sense to me.
That is pattern they have now. Iverson may or may not be the answer, I don't know but some thing must happen to get some fire under this team.

Celticsblog.com is a great site. I post there all the time. Usually not in there forum, but in the comments on the main page. Anyhow, I want the C's to be like the Pats, perenial contenders. AI means perpetual mediocrity. I'd much prefer 2 more years of rebuilding under the current crop, than an infusion of "fire" at the cost of the future. Lets not forget that AI means a 10-15 pick for the C's in this years draft. A draft considered to be top heavy with all-star type talent. If we stay the course (GW in a Celtics forum!), we could add a top 5 pick to this group of talented "yoots", plus have PP. I'd prefer this route than the AI one.

Celticsblog.com is a great site. I post there all the time. Usually not in there forum, but in the comments on the main page. Anyhow, I want the C's to be like the Pats, perenial contenders. AI means perpetual mediocrity. I'd much prefer 2 more years of rebuilding under the current crop, than an infusion of "fire" at the cost of the future. Lets not forget that AI means a 10-15 pick for the C's in this years draft. A draft considered to be top heavy with all-star type talent. If we stay the course (GW in a Celtics forum!), we could add a top 5 pick to this group of talented "yoots", plus have PP. I'd prefer this route than the AI one.

LOL, I never even knew there was a forum, just checked it out. Yea, the front page is great, very knowledgeable fans.

LOL, I never even knew there was a forum, just checked it out. Yea, the front page is great, very knowledgeable fans.

If I ever post in the forum, it's under the name "Hugh Jass".

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back