Danny Amendola: "I will donate $100 for every pass I catch next season"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
re: Danny Amendola: "I will donate $100 for every pass I catch next season"

this already proves to me that amendola was a great choice not only as a player but as a person

That's pretty cool. Welcome to New England Danny.

high character guy...NOW we know....

thats a hell of a way to introduce yourself

may he end up donating as much as possible, and send the check the day after he holds up a lombardi

In another thread, I remember saying I was gonna buy Amendola's jersey dependin on how he did on this team after a few games.

Now it doesn't even matter. I'm getting one as soon as his number gets issued.

Great gesture, really hoping this guy can stay healthy and those injuries were just freak accidents. He's got enormous potential.

And I think he'll be donating in denominations of 100, not 200 ;) he has great hands.

My new favorite receiver. What was that other guy's name now ... Waxler? Walker? Weekler?

Its been a terrible day, but this really put a smile on my face. Way to go, Danny. Welcome home!

My new favorite receiver. What was that other guy's name now ... Waxler? Walker? Weekler?

Really? Really? How can you be so rude? Completely unnecessary and classless.

His name was Wesley Weller... I think.

I know BB wants to move away from the slot receiver-based offense

How do we know this, ct?

So you're saying that all of the things that have been implemented to make this an offense designed to allow Brady to prolong his career, continue to get rid of the ball as one of the quickest QB's in the entire NFL, take advantage of a cerebral game based on instant mismatches off the LOS based on the ability to read/react and be on the same page is suddenly going to be thrown out the window?

This is the system that hides weaknesses on the offensive line, allows the hurry up to be so effective, and allows us some unpredictability in terms of running the ball out of the shotgun formation and on delayed draws. Why do you think this is going to change to more of a downfield traditional passing attack? I don't think we'd have even signed Amendola had that been the case. We'd probably have used the money for someone who is more of a field stretcher or downfield threat.

There is a chance we're seeing things differently, and I'm possibly mixing up my version of the "slot" and quick passing attack that will be kept, but in reality--there's certainly going to be WR's lined up in, and continuing to catch passes out of the slot position, no? Maybe we're not on the same page as to how much the "slot position" will be used? Enlighten me please (not meaning it to sound sarcastic either).

West Weklah I think...

and yeah, that is the best intro to a new team that I can remember! Very cool! :rocker:

Wekler...

Nice move Danny Amendola.. a legend is born.

way to go Danny ! now tear up some records on the field !

the comments on the NFL.com article are sad..everyone saying "well he drops passes or never plays so he won't donate!"...idiots

Nice gesture. He should also donate $ for every game he misses.

It never fails to amaze me how some people, including some here, can never resist the ego-centric inclination to acknowledge a kind and generous gesture and, yet, feel the need to include a smart-ass reference to a perceived weakness. A case in point would be the need to suggest donations from Amendola be based upon time missed due to injury. Congratulations. You should be proud.

It never fails to amaze me how some people, including some here, can never resist the ego-centric inclination to acknowledge a kind and generous gesture and, yet, feel the need to include a smart-ass reference to a perceived weakness. A case in point would be the need to suggest donations from Amendola be based upon time missed due to injury. Congratulations. You should be proud.

Maybe I should add a sarcastic smiley?

Maybe I should add a sarcastic smiley?
I'm guessing if your intention was to be sarcastic, you would have. And, for the record, as I clearly indicated I wasn't referring just to people here. Check out ProFootballTalk.com for more examples of that to which I was referring.

Your altering of one insignificant vowel has found you channeling Wes Walker. 154 games with 438 receptions averaging 19 yards a piece with 71 touchdowns... all for The New York Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back