PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola hopefully the next Patriot and next Wes Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Besides being another undervalued Texas Tech player and a shifty little guy like Welker is. He just makes plays all over the field and this guy tops my list of wanted WR's.

I mean last year he had 109 receptions for 1245 yards and 6 TD's. It was his best year but if you go back and look at his previous years numbers. He has been really consistent throughout his college play.

Found a 7 minute highlight video of his time at Texas Tech. Pretty impressive stuff.

Danny Amendola tribute video from Texas Tech.

Besides being another undervalued Texas Tech player and a shifty little guy like Welker is. He just makes plays all over the field and this guy tops my list of wanted WR's.

I mean last year he had 109 receptions for 1245 yards and 6 TD's. It was his best year but if you go back and look at his previous years numbers. He has been really consistent throughout his college play.

Found a 7 minute highlight video of his time at Texas Tech. Pretty impressive stuff.

Danny Amendola tribute video from Texas Tech.

One scary thought--he's taller than Welker, but weighs less. :eek:

He would be an excellent guy to have on the practice squad in case Welker goes down next season.

He would be an excellent guy to have on the practice squad in case Welker goes down next season.

Or just make the roster straight out over someone like Jackson who has done nothing to this point. Also who has had trouble with the team.

no Devon Bess from Hawaii = the next Welker

small, quick and shifty but not very fast. great hands..makes YAC.

Dexter Jackson is the next Welker.

i think we should get this guy if we drop stalworth he seems like the guy who can make YAC out of nothing like wes, but has the speed and height to be like donte

Andrew Masterson is the next Randy Moss as well. He goes to a school in Albany, UAlbany. You should check him out.

Andrew Masterson is the next Randy Moss as well. He goes to a school in Albany, UAlbany. You should check him out.

I like this kid. He is certainly very talented. I love his speed. Does remind me a lot of Wes.

As strange as it may sound, Danny actually has better hands that Wes.

Coming out of the Woodlands, it was widely recognized that Danny had the best hands in all of the Greater Houston area, which is quite an accolade.

He does not have the elite footwork and vision that Welker has, nor does he run routes as hard or as fierce. Where he really shines is accurate route running and never dropping passes.

If you really want a 'Welker-clone', keep an eye out for Eric Morris from Shallowater. They refer to him as 'the Elf'. He has that same super-aggressive style that Welker possesses.

Harrell really has no problem hanging his receivers out over the middle, so the inside guys really have to develop a fearless mindset. Tech plays against some decent defenders every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes