PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daniel Graham was naughty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/26/AR2006082600982.html

Defensive end Renaldo Wynn walked to the team bus with his right foot in a boot, courtesy of what he called an illegal takedown by Patriots tight end Daniel Graham. Wynn left the game in the third quarter with a sprained ankle.

"The guy horse-collared me, and I let him hear about it," said Wynn, who started at left end in place of the injured Phillip Daniels. "I was about to make the tackle and he grabbed me." . . .

I recall that play, or at least the end of it. I remember seeing a heated Washington defender getting off the turf and slowly over to the sidelines letting somebody on the Pats have it with both barrells on the way over. I was wondering at the time what had happened since I didn't see the whole play or who the defender was upbraiding.

ghostPatsfan said:
I recall that play, or at least the end of it. I remember seeing a heated Washington defender getting off the turf and slowly over to the sidelines letting somebody on the Pats have it with both barrells on the way over. I was wondering at the time what had happened since I didn't see the whole play or who the defender was upbraiding.
If I had been getting on the field as often as Graham has lately,Id be pretty darn fired up too.I would rather see Graham Knocking the crap out of people out there then hearing about how he is done with the pats because his shoulders have taken too many hits.Ya know?

We have alot of angry players on the team. I'm glad we do. This goes for both sides of the ball. I can't give enough praise to Ben and Dan Graham. We have a stout offense this year-the O line, we have depth-our TE's FB's, Tom's rage, running game etc.....

I just wanted to interject that Shanahan should lose sleep. We will never get over last year until we decimate Denver and embarrass Pittsburgh AGAIN.
Anger wins games. We need to continue to be physical-especially in the trenches. Our LB's were tight last night and you could see the anger in Junior and Rod's eyes again-wait till Tedy comes back.

We all love our offensive unit but our D and coaching will only get better through the year. We don't want to just win games. We want to deliver vicious hits and break down players. Make those O-lineman pigs from the other teams feel those cheeseburgers they ate the night before come up from their pig bellies. Some may say that's crazy talk-but you have to be angry in order to go out and hit HARD all game. Its like speed-%$#@!@-this isnt the WNBA-this is a MANS GAME. Only we understand it.
It takes a special breed to play defense. TB has that attitude and many of our Offense does as well.
Defense is not pretty and it's a chance to deal out the punishment- The pain in your life-a chance to release emotions and pretend the offense is a management team at work, or someone that cut you off in traffic, or at the store. I may die young of a heart attack or stroke but this is how Im wired and why most *****es will never understand the game. ANGER.
What are we going to punish?
That smile on your face. Peyton Manning, Rothlisbooger, Shanahan.
We're gonna put that red dot bead on your dome and take down your pig army at the O-line and rips your tits off and embarrass teams. You won't have time to connect with Harrison or Rod Smith because we will win up front and smother you.
I know-you're gonna tell me I missed my meds.
We've all been waiting a long time for this season.
I'm so proud of our team and love to read all the supportive feedback-we have many accurate fans here that should do sport column's but many 12 year old know it alls that I would to play ball with and show some fundamentals to.
Here's to revenge and destructive defense and concussions.
I hate baseball-never liked it (except line driving a meatball at a pitchers face)
and here's to not letting Gibbs, that over-rated chimp, score a single point.

RoughingthePasser said:
We have alot of angry players on the team. I'm glad we do. This goes for both sides of the ball. I can't give enough praise to Ben and Dan Graham. We have a stout offense this year-the O line, we have depth-our TE's FB's, Tom's rage, running game etc.....

I just wanted to interject that Shanahan should lose sleep. We will never get over last year until we decimate Denver and embarrass Pittsburgh AGAIN.
Anger wins games. We need to continue to be physical-especially in the trenches. Our LB's were tight last night and you could see the anger in Junior and Rod's eyes again-wait till Tedy comes back.

We all love our offensive unit but our D and coaching will only get better through the year. We don't want to just win games. We want to deliver vicious hits and break down players. Make those O-lineman pigs from the other teams feel those cheeseburgers they ate the night before come up from their pig bellies. Some may say that's crazy talk-but you have to be angry in order to go out and hit HARD all game. Its like speed-%$#@!@-this isnt the WNBA-this is a MANS GAME. Only we understand it.
It takes a special breed to play defense. TB has that attitude and many of our Offense does as well.
Defense is not pretty and it's a chance to deal out the punishment- The pain in your life-a chance to release emotions and pretend the offense is a management team at work, or someone that cut you off in traffic, or at the store. I may die young of a heart attack or stroke but this is how Im wired and why most *****es will never understand the game. ANGER.
What are we going to punish?
That smile on your face. Peyton Manning, Rothlisbooger, Shanahan.
We're gonna put that red dot bead on your dome and take down your pig army at the O-line and rips your tits off and embarrass teams. You won't have time to connect with Harrison or Rod Smith because we will win up front and smother you.
We've all been waiting a long time for this season.
I'm so proud of our team and love to read all the supportive feedback-we have many accurate fans here that should do sport column's but many 12 year old know it alls that I would to play ball with and show some fundamentals to.
Here's to revenge and destructive defense and concussions.
I hate baseball-never liked it (except line driving a meatball at a pitchers face)
and here's to not letting Gibbs, that over-rated chimp, score a single point.
Ya I can't stand baseball and I know when the Sox get eliminated we will still hear aobut them even when the Pats are in their prime and we are watching them roll into the playoffs unlike the Sox.

RoughingthePasser is right! Psychotic but absolutely right!

RoughingthePasser said:

er, well, now you mention it, you didn't happen to notice where you put them, did you ...

RoughingthePasser said:

For better or for worse--and in my opinion, for the better (on the injury front, at least)--the Pats won't have the chance to embarrass the Squealers until the playoffs. :)

Players do this all the time still. From all teams. Could Graham have done it on purpose? Definitely, but i dont rule out the fact that it was an accident. Players get horsetackled all the time and no one gets up and crys like that guy did.

Owens didnt do one thing to Roy Williams when he horse collared him.

I am not a fan of horse collar tackles. As a former FB, it happened to me a couple of times after a I caught swing passes out in the flats. If your legs don't get caught underneath your body, the tackle hurts your back and give defenders a shot at the front of your midsection. That hurts!

I don't remember the play that Wynn was hurt on, so I can't comment on that play, but I can tell you that most of the coaches I've been around will tell you that most horse collar tackles are made as a result of the defender or blocker being out of position.

If Graham was out of position, BB will find it on the film and deliver the appropriate punishment.

I'm 5-10. 240lbs. 31 yrs old. When I play Basketball-I basically play defense- though I have a great jumpshot and can take it to the hole strong.
My point:
When I play SOFT-I lose. I've been beaten by a girl before on 1 on 1 and I was frustrated. The second game I was more physical. I took it to the hole every time rather than shoot and smothered. Covering speedy WR's is tough. I'm quick but not fast and when offenses a whirling around you and smiling-you get pissed. When Marvin Harrison ducks or slides before we can punish-I get pissed. So smothering and using hands and feet are essential. Contact is key. Hold if you have to-box out-you all know the drill!
I understand how our defense FEELS. Its very emotional and those emotions (possibly subconcious spZ?)come out on the field. The zone represents the cusp of crying and killing. Maybe thats a personal thing for me -when my dad dropped dead of a heart attack after a game in front of me at 13 yrs old.

I still try to school these skinny and fast players though. If my opponent is 6ft. 4 180 lbs-I try to frustrate w/ good Defense. He may be faster, leaner and jump higher but I can smother. He may laugh and make me look like a clown but I compile my mistakes and eventually engage on a good hit. Im usually the last to be picked w/ pick up games but I lay on thick smothering defense. I love being the underdog. When opponents talk **** and laugh at you- that's when you show them. You get in their head and if they snap and try to pull moves they wind up with a vicious elbow in the throat. oops.I don't feel bad either. You contest and laugh- you'll get hit. Don't forget "Silence of the Rams"...let Bruce and chink face smile after they make their catches....but punish them-just like you punish a %$##@
That's why I love football-because of the contact-its a mans game that the B^&^%$# will never understand.....they'll label you an animal or vicious, greasy and shady. We derive this strength from PASSION. Just like real life-people love to hurt people, physically or emotionally and that's why we need to deal with "the smirks" and predictions and convert them into nightmares dry heaving and embarrassment. NE fans will ALWAYS be a minority. and THE US SHOULD BE DIVIDED IN HALF. FROM MAINE TO WASHINGTON DC. THE REST OF THE COUNTRY SHOULD BE A SEPERATE PLACE :)

This is a serious year and we need to understand WHAT WINS GAMES.
Tom is a tall lanky offensive guy but he has this passion and he gets pissed.
I love our team.
Ive been a Pats fan my whole life. Even through the tough times.
Last night was very emotional and it was overdue.

I think baseball blows too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back