PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

D'Angelo Williams would be a great pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcalverley

Rookie
Reaction score
I have watched D'Angelo Williams run through defenses all season. He has the quick burst to get through the line, something New England has been missing since Curtis Martin.

I think DeAngelo Williams will be a very good back for someone also I just like the mans running ability very good player.

I'd be shocked if he was available for us at #21, but then again, there's a lot of time between now and the draft. The Combines will clarify a lot of things, though what players do on a track field mean nothing to me. But if Williams runs a 4.65 or something, he drops like Kevin Jones did to Detroit.

I would love to get DeAngelo Williams, though I was a little dissapointed that he measured in at only 5'8. But then again you don't have to be tall to be a successful RB in this league.

He is the offensive player I want most at #21. Do I think BB will draft him? For some reason, I don't feel like he will.

The thing I like about Williams is how he fgoes the extra mile to get props for his OL. That's very nice.

A back that is similar in style, but lacking the results is Norwood of Miss State. He has the explosion that Williams has, but maybe a little less vision.

Memphis RB Williams reluctant to embrace football as 'work'

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Senior+Bowl/2005/lagesse012806.htm

“I’ve gotten to the point if you can get $2 to $3 million a year (in the NFL) vs. $70,000 (in an office) — which would you take?†Williams said. “The smart person would think, ‘Which would I take? The job security in the office is better; it will last longer. That money will add up.’ On the field, it’s like one year and you could be out.â€

Williams had yet to make the one connection as to how college intertwines with the NFL and thus ease his worries about money and long-term stability. The better Williams plays in college and the more he impresses scouts, the higher he could be drafted. The higher he gets drafted, the larger his signing bonus — the only guaranteed money in the NFL — will be.

Williams seems to struggle with thinking of football as an everyday profession and grasping the business side of the league. He sees football as “fun.†It bothers him that NFL players refer to football as “work,†and Williams has trouble seeing how his view of football will mesh with the NFL.

“When I look at the NFL, I look at it like (professional) wrestling, but it’s real,†Williams said. “You see big-name guys like Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson. You see them on the weekends, the endzone celebrations and the big hits. They are very good. I coud never see myself like that.â€

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes