PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

~ Dane Fletcher: BAMF ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll always like Fletcher, if for no other reason than that his college coach went to the same college as me. And when you're from Iowa, you take any NFL connections you can get :lol2:

My only knock on fletcher is

we all watched him... he is a BEAST, however he has a weakness and I want to see if anyone else picked up on it? It is a very small sample (1 play) and it makes me wonder if he can play power football? The guy is an absolute STUD when chasing somebody down!!! However I might have exploited his fatal flaw (not that it is gonna hurt his stock by any means).

Did you all notice when someone directly came at him he struggled mightly? Like i said it is merely 1 play. We should keep an eye on this going forward. I just wanted to mention this for future analysis. Anyone else pick up on this?:confused:

Re: My only knock on fletcher is

You know there is more than just one preseason game worth of footage on him, right? He did play for New England last year and was on the field.

You know there is more than just one preseason game worth of footage on him, right? He did play for New England last year and was on the field.

all I care about is this year. He wasn't this noticeable before.

Last edited:

we all watched him... he is a BEAST, however he has a weakness and I want to see if anyone else picked up on it? It is a very small sample (1 play) and it makes me wonder if he can play power football? The guy is an absolute STUD when chasing somebody down!!! However I might have exploited his fatal flaw (not that it is gonna hurt his stock by any means).

Did you all notice when someone directly came at him he struggled mightly? Like i said it is merely 1 play. We should keep an eye on this going forward. I just wanted to mention this for future analysis. Anyone else pick up on this?:confused:
One play isn't a sign of a weakness; it's a sign of not responding properly on one play. It happens. "Once is an accident, twice is curious, three times is a pattern."

TheSolderKing said:
all I care about is this year. He wasn't this noticeable before.
Dollars to donuts that if this was a significant, recurring problem, it would have been observed before now. In which case, you'd have seen a lot more of it last night when he was on the field.

all i'm saying man is lets keep an eye on this... is it bad of us to look @ this so we can surmise that if it becomes or doesn't become a problem? I stated that it was "merely 1 play" lets look to see if it becomes a trend or not? is that to difficult? I ain't hatin I'm just curious.

Last edited:

Clearly you were starved for attention as a child. I am giving myself 2 demerits and fining myself this evening's desert for merely responding to this ludicrous thread. Come back to us when you discover the "fatal flaw" in Tom Brady which caused him to throw that pick in the Jets playoff game last season. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

all i'm saying man is lets keep an eye on this... is it bad of us to look @ this so we can surmise that if it becomes or doesn't become a problem? I stated that it was "merely 1 play" lets look to see if it becomes a trend or not? is that to difficult? I ain't hatin I'm just curious.
But that's exactly the problem. You can't diagnose anything off of one play. Before you can say something's a weakness, you want to establish a pattern. I'm not motivated enough to watch out for it—just because there are too many other things going on during a football game, and, based on a sample size of a single play, I don't think most people are going to want to spend the entire game watching what #52 is doing to see if there's a flaw in his game.

If, on the other hand, you told us, here are these five or six plays where this problem creeped up, a lot of us would say, "Hmm. Maybe there's something to it." Then again, I'd like to think that if it was a problem, it would have been caught already by one of the coaches and addressed in practice.

Finally, no one is stopping you from being the Great Dane tracker, if you so choose. I think that some people would just prefer that you wait until after you find the problem to go for the brandy inside the little barrel. ;)

Clearly you were starved for attention as a child. I am giving myself 2 demerits and fining myself this evening's desert for merely responding to this ludicrous thread. Come back to us when you discover the "fatal flaw" in Tom Brady which caused him to throw that pick in the Jets playoff game last season. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well said, sir.

But you should really reconsider the desert. ;)

Fletcher's looking pretty good, that's for sure. He's great against the run with his ability to disengage and recognition. That d-line experience shows. Still shows great closing burst and good angles, although I would have liked to see him playing normal run techniques more. They sent him quite a bit.

In the passing game you can see pretty clearly that he needs more snaps. He was thinking through his assignments instead of settling hinto his zone and just reacting. You could tell the multiplayer crossing routes confused him and made him want to run with someone. Cost him a few shots and picks or deflections. Not a bad thing, just an experience issue.

Guyton, OTOH looked horrible against 2nd teamers. I wouldn't be surprised if he was on the bubble or relegated to special teams.

Exactly I thought he played well but he is one of those players who plays great on the blitz. The Jags plays alot of zone which caused doubles on DL at the point of attack which Fletcher was able to shoot the gap that formed and make great plays in the backfield. He is a great tacklers but noticed that when he read a zone off tackle to the right of the defense he did not shoot the gap which formed but played it slow and was caught up in the garbage which forms from the OT getting second level. Now this is NFL football and things happen quicker then any of us know so I would say it was a bad read on one play. When he made three or four sick tackles in the backfield I would love to know if he was send on a blitz or read the zone blocking scheme and shot the gap to make the play. Drunk ramble but just what I saw.

Well said, sir.

But you should really reconsider the desert. ;)

Eh, it wasn't anything particularly memorable. Awfully dry, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back