PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dancing Through 9 Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePats

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Assuming 10 wins gets us in the playoffs, we need 9 more. This is what I'm figuring here, and certainly this stuff can change, and you may disagree with my takes on other teams, but here goes. [number represents week number, week 4=bye]

Very Logical/Critical
3. vs Miami
5. at San Francisco
8. vs St Louis
12. at Miami
15. at Oakland
16. vs Arizona

So that gets us to 7 if we win those games, it's never as easy it it looks, we probably won't win all of them. There are a few games that are going to be very very tough.

Very Tough Games
6. at San Diego
9. at Indianapolis
13. vs Pittsburgh

Yes, I watched the Sunday Night game. No I don't think the Colts are anywhere near as bad as they looked. If we get 5 of the critical ones, then we need 3 of the rest.

Swing Games
2. at NY Jets
7. vs Denver
10. vs Buffalo
11. vs NY Jets
14. at Seattle
17. at Buffalo

Now obviously a lot can change, and can change quickly, but this is a rough guess as to what we're looking at for the rest of the season. If Brady got hurt last week and I did this then, the Chiefs at home would have been in the first group.

Last edited:
I agree with everything here - I'd assume we split with Buffalo and the NYJ. Unless the team quits, with the schedule we have we should be able to compete for the playoffs. Maybe make it, maybe not but compete for it as opposed to, say, 4-12. If we can stay close in games we should be OK - where we'll get in trouble is if we get behind by 7-10 points and have to come from behind. Also we haven't seen Cassel play on the road with a load crowd yet - I guess we'll see in 6 days.

Last edited:
Even without Brady, we are AT LEAST as good (and likely better) then both the JETS and Bills. No reason not to beleive that we, at a minimum, split those games and take at least one out of the "swing" game catagory.

I wouldn't count any road games as wins until Cassel at least plays one. We have no idea how he is going to react in that enviornment.

I wouldn't count any road games as wins until Cassel at least plays one. We have no idea how he is going to react in that enviornment.

Why, he has already won one game in front of a crowd that hates him and considers him a POS. How is the road going to be different?

put this in your signature now I am saying 12-4

Losses: NYJ, INDY, SD, BUFF

2nd team Div champs and we get to the AFC Champ game

last time I checked TB only plays 1 pos not 4 the Defense will step up, Cassell will play well and this team will win tough games

I agree with everything here - I'd assume we split with Buffalo and the NYJ. Unless the team quits, with the schedule we have we should be able to compete for the playoffs. Maybe make it, maybe not but compete for it as opposed to, say, 4-12. If we can stay close in games we should be OK - where we'll get in trouble is if we get behind by 7-10 points and have to come from behind. Also we haven't seen Cassel play on the road with a load crowd yet - I guess we'll see in 6 days.

We are better than both the Jets and Bills without Brady.

Unless Cassel hands games away, we have the best 'other 52 players in the NFL'.
How many AFC teams are going to win BECAUSE OF THEIR QB?
There are not many. The Colts may be the only one.
How many teams are close to us at the other postions, and a better, not great, QB could make the difference? SD (Rivers is as likely a liability as an asset, by the way) Pitt possibly, Jacksonville possibly.

I dont want to downplay Tom Brady, but if a 10-6 team lost their QB, would 6-10 be foolish? Well, 18-0 to 12-4 isnt either. In other words, we can be a LOT worse without Brady and still win a lot of games and go to the SB. We were that much better than everyone with Brady.

So you having no idea guarantees a loss to a bad team??? I didnt realize the Patriots success was so dependant upon you knowing what will happen.

So you having no idea guarantees a loss to a bad team??? I didnt realize the Patriots success was so dependant upon you knowing what will happen.

I would not put any road games in the lock win category right now. Young QBs often struggle in their initial road games. Tom Brady if you'll recall struggled on the road when he took over playing poorly in 2 of his first 3 road games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots