PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Wetzel:Bill Belichick's stiff-arm of camouflage campaign an unlikely coincidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last sentence finally gets to the point. His job is to focus on the next opponent, so everything else that the league asks of him, in the sense of conforming to a dog-and-pony show, is pretty much ignored. It's noise. A possible distraction from the job at hand. His reaction is not indicative of arrogance, or anger, or meanness, it indicates FOCUS.

Fun, interesting read and I learned something new that I never knew before about Belichick.

Good read,
One has to believe this is BB saying 'F U' to the NFL's empty symbolism and cheap political/media capital buying. A guy like BB is pragmatic and logical. This 'stuff' must irritate him to read/hear what comes down from Goodell's slimy office.

Just another piece of evidence affirming why BB is probably my favorite sports figure of all time. The great irony here is that he is viewed by his detractors as being dishonest and unprincipled, when, in reality, the exact opposite is true. Nice piece by Wetzel.

Does BB control camo headphones?? Or do the Pats Technical People?? The players all had Camo Towels..

BB has always held disdain for stupid rules of the NFL whether it be the exclusive use of Nike(previously Adidas) Labelled garb or forced press conferences..

Remember last month during the "Pink Games" and it came out that a whopping 11% of the profits from those sales actually made it to Breast Cancer Funds.... maybe Bill does not follow along because "along" is just a big scam run by the NFL..

There is no more precious resource than time. When you have a short amount of it to maximize the return on investment - say five full days between contests - the truly pragmatic and business oriented coach will utilize that time on things that will help the team win games (you know the end state that brings more fans than any other gimmick?)!

So who's truly the marketing genius NFL? Your ad wizards...or Bill Belichick?

I think his non conformist attitude is what lead to spygate. I can picture him getting the memo from the league and thinking that the new commissioner can't just make up new rules by sending a memo. It has to be presented to the rules committee and voted on. The rule says you can't video from the sideline to gain an in game advantage and it did not provide an in game advantage so he ignored it. They did not hide the cameraman. He was in full view of the refs, the league officals, their opponents, and tens of thousands of people in attendance. If the NFL had a problem with it, they could address it specifically with him. It wasn't a big deal in his mind and he never imagined it would turn into a major ordeal, huge fines, a loss of a first round pick, and idiots calling him a cheater for years to come.

Last edited:
Lol, poor BB! Anything he wears is pretty much destined to be a best seller no matter how unfashionable. The fact he wears that sweatshirt is what makes it a must have. I have two or three from a few years ago.

Great stuff, thanks for sharing. Belichick definitely does not suffer fools gladly, and this story gets that.

Awesome, goes along with Patriots not wearing the captain patches. You don't need to wear camo to support a cause. I mean it really means nothing. Funny that BB still isn't in Madden just to stick it to the NFL.

I think his non conformist attitude is what lead to spygate. I can picture him getting the memo from the league and thinking that the new commissioner can't just make up new rules by sending a memo. It has to be presented to the rules committee and voted on. The rule says you can't video from the sideline to gain an in game advantage and it did not provide an in game advantage so he ignored it. They did not hide the cameraman. He was in full view of the refs, the league officals, their opponents, and tens of thousands of people in attendance. If the NFL had a problem with it, they could address it specifically with him. It wasn't a big deal in his mind and he never imagined it would turn into a major ordeal, huge fines, a loss of a first round pick, and idiots calling him a cheater for years to come.

I'm sure that Bill never imagined that his team's owner would call him a schmuck either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back