PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

dan shaughnessy now writing about the pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/08/11/different_beat_sans_the_ring/
difficult to figure out , whether he is writing about the pats or the red sox which he keeps constantly mentions.One para caught my attention providing further proof of the media's relationship with the pats ::)

"(For those who think we exaggerate the Patriots' paranoia/self-importance, check out the Patriots' doorstop, 500-page ``media guide"; try to find out what happened to Rodney Harrison last year. Harrison's six-page bio contains no information regarding the three knee ligaments he tore in Pittsburgh last September. It read, ``placed on injured reserve (9/25/05) and Pittsburgh (9/25) Started at safety . . . collected one tackle before leaving the game in the first quarter." This would be like reading a summary of Tony Conigliaro's 1967 season and finding, ``Hit 20 homers through Aug. 18, then spent the rest of the season on the disabled list after facing Jack Hamilton in a victory over the Angels.")"

CHB should stick to baseball IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
My response to Dan would be, "So?"

I guess they took him off the Sox beat after he failed to drive Theo Epstein out of town?

I wonder if he's planning on trying to create a divide between Bob and Jonathan Kraft now?

Today is the Patriots day. Let's see if ol' Larry can whip up a couple more crash test dummies for another press conference. Yeah, that'll get the job done. It worked last time, why not do it again? Anything to take the spotlight off the Pats today!!

Sorry Dano, the Pats are more popular and it's knawing at you. But you and Larry can keep trying. Hey, it's great entertainment!!!

For those who think we exaggerate the Patriots' paranoia/self-importance

Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black. During the past few football seasons, everytime the Red Sox had an announcement to make, even the the least inconsequental event, such as who the starting rotation would be for the series coming up, they would wait until Monday and hold a press conference when a press release would suffice, because EEI has 'Patriots Monday'. The Red Sox know EEI will cover the press conference. The Red Sox are paranoid that the Patriots will take over the air waves and relegate the them to second fiddle.

It is pathetic how almost no writers in this town can write an article about the Patriots without some type of cameo reference to the Red Sox, like they want everyone to know that they would rather be writing about the Red Sox but they were forced to write about the Patriots.

I like the Red Sox, but millions of people around here have a sickness for them. Everyone thinks they are an expert on baseball. It is the easiest sport to understand since the action is spread out for all to see, and there are clear individual contributions from all players from which someone can evaluate the quality of a player.

Meanwhile most of the players are a bunch of spoiled and lazy *****'s who could not hold a candle to the toughness and dedication of the individuals that play in the NFL, kickers included.

Football is to complex and intricate a game for the average person to fully understand and be able to intelligently write about and talk about on the radio. The football writers in this town are masters of the obvious and really do not offer meaningful analysis of the Patriots or the great game of football.

SVN said:
CHB should stick to baseball IMHO.

He should get the **** outta boston so we don't have to read his incessant idiocy.

Let's see if he can kiss ass enough to get Mr. Kraft to invite him over for dinner. . .

shmessy said:
This from a guy who called me at my home from the Seattle Mariners' press box a couple of years ago to argue with me the points I made in a previous e-mail to him.

Yeah, he's not too paranoid.
thats funny...i have read elsewhere too about his habit of this.

Isnt this the guy who called the Pats, "desperate housewives". :mad:

honestly, who the hell cares about the red sox when its football season... the man is just trying to diversify

Every day is Patriots day. Those overgrown infants playing on Yawkey Way are just helping me pass time until Boston’s real team gets going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back