PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Shaughnessy- gives uninformed Texans fans posting material ...UGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for Tomase to twitter JJ Watt tomorrow.......

"Hey JJ,Tom Brady told me personally he thinks your just a big overrated
****-y"

Re: fans soDan Shaumething to post about ...UGH

If the Texans need something from Larry Fine to motivate them, then the Patriots should start game planning for the AFCCG right now.
Worrying about the words of sports writers is like worrying about the words of Hollywood beat writers.

you are making the classic mistake of thinking it's worry when it's murderous anger THEY should be worried about.

Curran is sort of a smug know-it-all if you ask me, but if he really went after Shaughnessy like you say he did, he's The Man. I like what Curran says and his ability to get players as guests on his dopey CSNE football show. His delivery is a little too much like DA Amendolara sometimes.

Both are better that Mazz the Spaz!

Tonite on CSN curran mocked him first saying "Somebody still reads shaugnessy?" then came back later and said someone who cant get past the coin flip in games is suddenly the know it all in pats chances. A portion of it is in the end here
Shaughnessy responds to Arian Foster's Twitter avitar

I think some of you have it all backwards. Clearly it's not the Patriots that are getting their psyche affected. If a beat writer can get into Foster's head like that, then well done.

Texans are fighting Boston media. Patriots are preparing for the Texans.

Texans are fighting Boston media. Patriots are preparing for the Texans.

I mean...uh...yeah...I cannot believe the naivete..."oh yeah???? he wrote that??? well, we'll show the Patriots!!!"...what are you, a fricking total moron? The Pats defense is going to want to bust him up now for being a punk.

There Was A Time, when I was a wee lad, that I used to jump out'f bed, even on School Mornings, 'cause my Mom'd send me down to TatterSaults, every morning, for the Globe.

I couldn't wait to read what Peter Gammons, Nick Cafardo, Ray FitzGerald, and, yes ~ before their turn to the the whiny, sniveling, bitter side ~ Bob Ryan and Ron Borges had to say...

There Was A Time...when that Paper was Camelot.

Now Mordred holds sway.

Shaugnhessy is poisonous, stinking sewage.

I dearly hope that the most horrific, excruciating, and publicly humiliating Fate possible befalls him.

Just writing that puts a smile on my face. :)

I still don't get the widespread outrage by this. There certainly is plenty of drivel to castigate the media with but this ain't it. A Patriots centric sports writer stated an opinion that is arguable in its conclusion. Basically saying that Houston isn't in the Patriots class and no way should the Patriots lose or even make it close. O!M!G! How could he? Sure, the Patriots throttled them just a few weeks ago. Sure, the Texans haven't really played a good game in weeks including losing an extremely important game to Indy. Sure, the Patriots are the most potent offense in the league. Sure, this is Brady and BB against Schaub and Kubiac. Sure, they play inside in a warm weather town and it is January in the outside stadium of Foxboro. Sure, winning in Foxboro in the cold season rarely happens for any opponent. Sure, the Patriots are getting back arguably the biggest mismatch and one of TFB's favorite targets. Sure, the Patriots are more healthy right now on both sides of the ball then in many weeks. Sure, they have had a week of self scouting and extra time to prepare for their specific opponent.
But hey! He opined that no way should the Patriots lose this game and it won't be close....and this has angered some of the Texans!! The man should be fired and sent to Guantanamo for not doing his best BB impression of 'well Houston is a tough opponent and we will have to score more points than them to win'. :bricks:

There Was A Time, when I was a wee lad, that I used to jump out'f bed, even on School Mornings, 'cause my Mom'd send me down to TatterSaults, every morning, for the Globe.

I couldn't wait to read what Peter Gammons, Nick Cafardo, Ray FitzGerald, and, yes ~ before their turn to the the whiny, sniveling, bitter side ~ Bob Ryan and Ron Borges had to say...

Now Mordred holds sway.

I dearly hope that the most horrific, excruciating, and publicly humiliating Fate possible befalls him.

Ray Fitzgerald was great! I also remember Ernie Roberts, Leigh Montville and Larry Whiteside. That paper used to have sports journalists. It used to be a place for insight and information. Now, their sports section is the National Inquirer. ESPNBoston.com and many other sites are far better outlets.

I still don't get the widespread outrage by this. There certainly is plenty of drivel to castigate the media with but this ain't it. A Patriots centric sports writer stated an opinion that is arguable in its conclusion. Basically saying that Houston isn't in the Patriots class and no way should the Patriots lose or even make it close. O!M!G! How could he? Sure, the Patriots throttled them just a few weeks ago. Sure, the Texans haven't really played a good game in weeks including losing an extremely important game to Indy. Sure, the Patriots are the most potent offense in the league. Sure, this is Brady and BB against Schaub and Kubiac. Sure, they play inside in a warm weather town and it is January in the outside stadium of Foxboro. Sure, winning in Foxboro in the cold season rarely happens for any opponent. Sure, the Patriots are getting back arguably the biggest mismatch and one of TFB's favorite targets. Sure, the Patriots are more healthy right now on both sides of the ball then in many weeks. Sure, they have had a week of self scouting and extra time to prepare for their specific opponent.
But hey! He opined that no way should the Patriots lose this game and it won't be close....and this has angered some of the Texans!! The man should be fired and sent to Guantanamo for not doing his best BB impression of 'well Houston is a tough opponent and we will have to score more points than them to win'. :bricks:

"A Patriots centric sportswriter...."

The mere act of you writing that term shows your basic misunderstanding of the actual situation and what is at work there.

It is something that has been at work for over 15 years.

Anyone who knows the history of this "journalist" knows he wants to set the Patriots and the Kraft family up for the biggest negative financial fallout possible when the winning years are over. Shaughnessy and The Globe are out for a HARD LANDING for the business in Foxboro. it is all about economics. Those who don't want to pay attention can remain lemmings.

If you don't know the motivation of a writer (after being shown the ample history and evidence) and continue to close your eyes and make blind statements, then that is your choice.

Now read closely, because here is the CORE to this whole matter that most (Shaughnessy hopes) miss:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shaughnessy doesn't give a whit how and whether this affects the Texans. He is merely attempting to mold New England fans' opinions to cause the greatest amount of overconfidence and thereby (someday) mass economic fallout when the winning stops. The moment it dawns that his writings are NOT aimed at the players but at the regional economic market is when the lightbulb will light up for you.

Money makes the world go round.

Shaughnessy counts on the readership to remain malleable fodder.

Last edited:
There are good Sports writers/commentators with whom you don't always agree, but who keep you informed and actually teach you something, like Reiss. Some of them are provocative and occasionally wrong, but they've earned the right to get your attention by consistent, fair reporting over many years; I'd put Peter King and Clayton in that category.

There are OK, dime a dozen Sports writers/commentators who don't offer a lot of insight, but who provide information on players and coaches, like most of the Beat press.

Then there are useless, sometimes ignorant, blowhards who make you wonder how they ever got their jobs and how they've managed to keep them and, in the long run, do a lot more harm than good. Shaughnessy is one of them.

But, even as terrible a writer/commentator as Shaughnessy doesn't sink to the level of Tomass, who is a dishonest scoundrel and who should be confined to a new ring of Hell in the Inferno.

Last edited:
DS is a smarmy asshat but this is much ado about nothing. Do you really think the Texans will now "try harder" because of this dope's column? If they need a sports column for added incentive they are already beat.

DS is a smarmy asshat but this is much ado about nothing. Do you really think the Texans will now "try harder" because of this dope's column? If they need a sports column for added incentive they are already beat.

Agreed. If Vince Wilfork said these things it would be something, but he didn't. The Pats themselves are saying all the right things and, I presume, not believing their own hype.

page 14 of this thread...it should have died at page 2......and I thought that Pedro started the CHB thing...right after he wanted to drill Babe Ruth in the butt....with a baseball.....a baseball!!!!!.

Last edited:
They are talking about this now on D& C weei.

Shltassey dosen't like BB. I think he wrote purposely to give Texans bulletin board material.
He's been irrelevant since the Red Sox went back to being just another baseball team in a fading sport.

Last edited:

Now Mordred holds sway.

Ray Fitzgerald was great! I also remember Ernie Roberts, Leigh Montville and Larry Whiteside. That paper used to have sports journalists. It used to be a place for insight and information. Now, their sports section is the National Inquirer. ESPNBoston.com and many other sites are far better outlets.

Yes, indeed: Any local Sports I get is from ESPN, the Herald ~ which Dad still calls The Record American!!
jester.gif
~ and this and that...And they're all FREE, because they aren't stupid or greedy!! I get a BIG fat chuckle, every time I'm linked to a Glob Article that reminds me of what a PRIVILEGE it is to be reading this particular story without paying for it!!
jester.gif

Foster is just having fun with it, I guarantee he's not mad or really cares what some fraud "journalist" says just to get some more twitter followers and his 15 minutes of fame. If the Texans need that idiot's comments as bulletin board material then this game is already lost.

We're either going to lose or we're not, but this guy's obvious attempt to just stir the pot is laughable, and apparently is sadly working. Just hand anyone with low self confidence a computer or a mic and you can be sure moronic comments like this will spew forth.

Just looking forward to the game. If the Pats win, it's not because the Texans are "frauds," whatever that even means, but because the Pats are a great football team. He is actually showing a lot of disrespect to the Pats franchise by posting sophomoric stuff like this.

If I were one of the Patriots I would probably tweet at him to shut his mouth.

If the Pats win, it's not because the Texans are "frauds," whatever that even means...

Perhaps it implies that you're actually from Wisconsin??
39.gif

'Sall right, Brother Horn: You can confide in me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes