PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Shaughnessy- gives uninformed Texans fans posting material ...UGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Texans are going be motivated by the media, nothing that Shaughnessy or Zolak will make much of a difference because the entire national media are going to write off the Texans for this game. If both the CHB and Zo didn't open their mouths in print or online, there is still going to be plenty of bulletin board material for the Texans.

I agree with Bedard. If they aren't going to be motivated to whip the Pats to get revenge from their embarrassment on national TV (which they made worse by not even showing up during the game and showing up at the stadium in high school style letterman jackets), then nothing Shaughnessy or Zolak can write will motivate them.

Shaughnessy is a dumb baseball writer, at best, and knows Nothing about Football.:mad:

Tom E. Curran, a genuine football writer, tweeted that Shaughnessy couldn't name 5 Texan players. But even worse, on top of that, he said that Shaugnessy couldn't name 10 Patriot players either.:eek::eek:

The only worse sportwriter in Boston is that dweeb and also Red Sox mouthpiece/aplogist ***sucker and Shaughnessy buddy, the hated Mazzaroti.:snob:

Curran is sort of a smug know-it-all if you ask me, but if he really went after Shaughnessy like you say he did, he's The Man. I like what Curran says and his ability to get players as guests on his dopey CSNE football show. His delivery is a little too much like DA Amendolara sometimes.

Both are better that Mazz the Spaz!

Re: Texans will be harder than the Broncos or Ravens.

I'm sure they treated the Bengals game as the biggest game of their season, yet if Dalton throws the ball 2 feet shorter Bengals are playing Denver next week.

Yeah that argument works in almost any game though. If Schaub didn't throw that stupid pick 6 they wouldn't have even scored a touchdown, if Miami had scored one more time against the Pats they would have won, etc...

You have to keep in mind that pretty much everyone in Houston expects to lose this game, but some puerile writer just going over the top and making the Texans out to be a high school team or something is just asinine. It's not a matter of the Pats being a better team, as I believe they are, but disrespect to get people to talk about it, which he has...

Zolak called the Texans frauds as well. It seems our local sports writers are doing everything they can to try to get Houston riled up.

Yeah that argument works in almost any game though. If Schaub didn't throw that stupid pick 6 they wouldn't have even scored a touchdown, if Miami had scored one more time against the Pats they would have won, etc...

You have to keep in mind that pretty much everyone in Houston expects to lose this game, but some puerile writer just going over the top and making the Texans out to be a high school team or something is just asinine. It's not a matter of the Pats being a better team, as I believe they are, but disrespect to get people to talk about it, which he has...

Sadly, few if any credentials are required to write that nonsense. But most people are smart enough to realize these are not the words of the team or even the the average fan who expects a different game from the Texans this time around, much as we would expect a different game from the Pats should they face the 49ers again. Texans have accomplished a great deal this year, including Sunday when they allowed an amazing 0 3rd down conversions. Maybe he helps sell papers, but I think that is being charitable.

Last edited:
unbelievably childish behavior from Shaugwhatever.

When it's all said and done, if the Pats lose this game, it'll have JACK to do with this article.

I find it quite funny. Dan went fishing and came home with Nessy! It's usually us biting hard. If the Texans need this to fire their team up, they have issues!

I find it funnier how Foster takes it so to heart. He'll soon take tat pic down off twitter if we stuff him again.

Last edited:
I guess he got what he wanted: people are reading his article and he's getting talked about.

Unfortunate, to say the least.

I love smug know-it-alls. Otherwise I'd hate my guts. Curran is the man.

If patriots lose this game. I for one will harass and plead that the Clown be taken away from Patriots reporting

Ignore that JOKER. His idiotic statements won't affect the result. We need to be on our game/ PATS O & D can seal the game with execution. I hope our D is sharp. I want to see the the much improved D which can withstand Broncos O or any O in the playoffs.

Ignore that JOKER. His idiotic statements won't affect the result. We need to be on our game/ PATS O & D can seal the game with execution. I hope our D is sharp. I want to see the the much improved D which can withstand Broncos O or any O in the playoffs.

As much as I think this is true, I would have much rather NOT had him state these opinions.

It certainly can't help causes any.

Re: fans soDan Shaumething to post about ...UGH

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that CHB is actually a sincere Patriots fan. Obviously not. I'm arguing against the conspiracy theory that turns his stupid column into a carefully orchestrated move in a vast corporate-level conspiracy against the Patriots organization.

Sometimes a blowhard is just a blowhard.

This guy is a jerk to the pats period, he threw a hissy fit because kraft had a breakfast for beat reporters and he was not invited.

In this time of print media slow fade to black, there are two ways for a writer to draw hits to his columns online. One is write an interesting knowledgable, intelligent column. And the other is to write a controversial article that will draw hits from both the fan and the other teams fans. Now obviously, option one is off the table from the start of his career, so the only course left to him is make an azz out of himself and hope the fallout lets him keep his job.
So basically, posting a link to this hacks article is helping him stay employed. :mad:

If patriots lose this game. I for one will harass and plead that the Clown be taken away from Patriots reporting

If the Patriots lose this game, it's not going to be because of an article. It will be because of being under prepared and out executed.

Unless you are an idiot,you can clearly see that Shaughnessy is trying to stir the pot,he wants the Pats to get any disadvantage they can get and he wants publicity and hits on his columns,he does not care for the Pats nor is he a fan of them.

Every word he said is B.S. and he knows it.

I would not be surprised if he called Foster himself and told him to read his twitter page

Last edited:
Re: fans soDan Shaumething to post about ...UGH

How is this relevant? None of this extra BS won't mean anything when the Pats & Texans take the field on Sunday.

It isn't relevant,but its wrong from other fans reading this column to get the impression that Patriot Nation feel that the Texans are a speed bump enroute to the AFCCG when in fact the Texans are loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and if they execute like the talent that they have,they can beat any team,anywhere,any day.

Take away the QB and OLB edge from Denver and you can plainly see that The Texans are a better overall team than the Broncos....Period!

Arian Foster didn't. Check his Twitter profile picture. It's the article.

Great, just the motivation they needed. :mad:

I'm really not that bothered. Shaughnessy has echoed the thoughts of many NFL analysts who believe the Patriots will blow out the Texans again.

As others have said, if Foster needs external motivation whilst disregarding the words that have directly come out of Bill Belichick's mouth, then the Texans will indeed, be whipped by the Patriots... again.

Pay per click is a grand thing ain't it?

Arian Foster didn't. Check his Twitter profile picture. It's the article.

Great, just the motivation they needed. :mad:

It is sad that Foster needs a sportwriter's comments about his team as "bulletin board material". He needs something like this as a motivator? If so, the Texans are worst off than we thought....

It is totally different, if for example, Brady comments on the Texans in a negative way, but, a lousy sportswriter?

Foster is grasping at anything to motivate him... IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes