PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Shaughnessy- gives uninformed Texans fans posting material ...UGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: fans soDan Shaumething to post about ...UGH

I have lost all respect for him.

You had some respect for him? No offense, but I've lost all respect for you.:nono:

Curly-Haired Boyfriend.

I forget who gave him that nickname.

Sooooo many more B words that can be used.

In his defense, he predicted a blowout win by the Pats on that Monday night game in Houston. He has been saying it ever since…
Personally, if sportswriters could provide motivation, then what the heck was our offense doing in the first 3 minutes of the Super Bowl last year? So many writers predicted the Giants line would make a rag doll out of Brady…did your O-Line pin that to their lockers and prepare or play harder when it counted?
Newspapers need to keep people reading and O'Shaugnessy is doing whatever he can to toot his own horn.

What does "The CHB" mean?:confused2:

Edes is famous in Boston for his club house confrontation with former Red Sox outfielder Carl Everett. Everett, who had been the subject of several critical columns by Globe sportswriters, told Edes to get away from him and take his "curly-haired boyfriend" with him. He was referring to Dan Shaughnessy, another sportswriter with the Globe. The nickname, shortened to CHB, has stuck with Shaughnessy since, even being used by ESPN columnist Bill Simmons in his work.

Gordon Edes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If the Texans need something from Larry Fine to motivate them, then the Patriots should start game planning for the AFCCG right now.

Please don't smear the name of an honorable Stooge.

Is he a glory hound? Perhaps. He is always so soft spoken and stupid sounding on all the radio and TV shows. I agree that the Texans should already be motivated but why add fuel to the fire. Especially to JJ Watt!!! Last thing I want is for Houston to come out fired up and draw penalties of ROUGHING THE PASSER and hurt the Pats SB chances. I get it..one simple article from a simpleton. But in the world of Twitter and Facebook it will be everywhere now!!! I bet the Pats coaching staff HATES seeing it.

:mad:

You lost me at your 6th word.

If you really meant "perhaps", then you don't know who Dan Shaughnessy, sports editor Joe Sullivan and the Boston Globe are.

Understand this:

1) The owners of the Boston Globe hate the New England Patriots. In their minds, they are competition for the Red Sox.

2) The owners of the Boston Globe hate Robert Kraft (whom their hired gun, Shaughnessy, has called "Amos Alonzo Kraft" for over a decade and a half).

3) Shaughnessy, Will McDonough and every hack politician in South Boston (along with the convicted felon Massachusetts Speaker of the House during the 90's) actively muddied Kraft's name to keep a Patriots stadium out of Boston.

Look, I understand some fans don't understand the larger, social and economic forces behind a seemingly inncuous and stupid column by an attention getting whore. But if you think there isn't a bigger agenda at work there........

Last edited:
To people who know anything about football, the pen is indeed not mightier than the sword.

Anyone player who reads this and believes it should be admitted...nice try burdock head but the Texans are a light years smarter than believing that...

Last edited:

I can't speak to any research, but he's going "all over the top homer" for the Texans game to set up his next bash fest column.

If the Patriots win, it's because their opponent was terrible. And if they lose in the AFCCG, it will because they finally had to face a "real" team. If the Patriots lose to the Texans, then it will be due to Belichick's arrogance in overlooking an opponent.

If I may quibble, the pump em up to knock em down strategy is more a classic Ron Borges. CHB doesn't actually like sports, he just likes drama, like a teenage girl with a gossip magazine. As far as he's concerned, there is only a Peyton, Brady matchup and the rest of this stuff is just packing peanuts to be discarded on the way.

He's really been adrift since the Sox finally won and he can't write about curses and cliches anymore.

The article may rile-up Texans fans but I highly doubt the Texans players give two hoots about what some nobody football columnist has to say about them.

The article may rile-up Texans fans but I highly doubt the Texans players give two hoots about what some nobody football columnist has to say about them.

He's not a football columnist.

He has nothing to do with football.

Last edited:

If the Texans need something from Larry Fine to motivate them, then the Patriots should start game planning for the AFCCG right now.
On top of that the texans don't care what some hack baseball writer from boston says, its not like a patriot player or coach said it. Only the texans fans care, and those who come here know what we think of The Skank and his views.

Last edited:

You had some respect for him? No offense, but I've lost all respect for you.:nono:

Well said..LOL

The only reason Shaughnessy is doing this is to come out and slam the Pats if they lose to the Texans. This guy gets off on stuff like that.

You lost me at your 6th word.

If you really meant "perhaps", then you don't know who Dan Shaughnessy, sports editor Joe Sullivan and the Boston Globe are.

Understand this:

1) The owners of the Boston Globe hate the New England Patriots. In their minds, they are competition for the Red Sox.

2) The owners of the Boston Globe hate Robert Kraft (whom their hired gun, Shaughnessy, has called "Amos Alonzo Kraft" for over a decade and a half).

3) Shaughnessy, Will McDonough and every hack politician in South Boston (along with the convicted felon Massachusetts Speaker of the House during the 90's) actively muddied Kraft's name to keep a Patriots stadium out of Boston.

Look, I understand some fans don't understand the larger, social and economic forces behind a seemingly inncuous and stupid column by an attention getting whore. But if you think there isn't a bigger agenda at work there........

Actually, I ignorantly had no idea it was that political. My bad.

I hate when these non football (baseball rump boys) mediots (shaughnessy/mazz etc..) try to minimalize the work at hand for the Patriots. They can't wait for football to be over so they can talk about their wittle wittle wed sockies

Am I cluelessly missing the sarcasm here? Cause yeah, I do think there is no bigger agenda at work.

It takes a heck of a conspiracy theory to say that a newspaper is scheming to undermine a local sports team by running POSITIVE articles about them. Or by using a nickname for the team's owner that links him to a seminal figure in football history. (What's next, Bill "Lombardi" Belichick? The horrors!)

If he called him "Amos Alonzo Kraft", that sounds like a compliment.

A lot of sturm and drang over nothing. No one will care what some guy says.

Please don't smear the name of an honorable Stooge.
my apologies to all 3 Stooges.

You are really giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. You know more about launching space ships than Shaughnessy knows about football (if you are in fact a rocket scientist I reserve the right to change my analogy). :D

Actually, I ignorantly had no idea it was that political. My bad.

No problem, Double. A lot of people don't. However, it is very deep and ingrained in the psyche of much of the older guard in the Boston Globe newsroom. They see themselves as the Last Bastion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back