Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dan Rather sues CBS

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

NEW YORK (AP) -- Dan Rather filed a $70 million lawsuit Wednesday against CBS, alleging the network made him a "scapegoat" for a discredited story about President Bush's National Guard service.

The 75-year-old Rather, whose final months were clouded by controversy over the report, says the complaint stems from "CBS' intentional mishandling" of the aftermath of the story.

The lawsuit, filed in State Supreme Court in Manhattan, also names CBS President and CEO Leslie Moonves, Viacom Inc., Viacom Chairman Sumner Redstone and former CBS News President Andrew Heyward. (At the time Viacom Inc. owned CBS. But Viacom and CBS Corp. split into two different companies in January 2006.)

Rather, the former anchorman of the "CBS Evening News," is seeking $20 million in compensatory damages and $50 million in punitive damages.
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

he and his lawyers looked into this for a long time before pulling the trigger... they may have something...

by the way, is there no one who believes the steamrolling war administration didn't have anything to do with pressuring CBS at the time to can Dan?... how about Phil Donahue? .... liberal mainstream media, my ass... it's corporate media, and corporate interests are ALWAYS righty aligned...
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Not when they contribute to *BOTH* parties, and the media corporations generally back Democrats more than Repubs. Look it up. More media heavies plunk down their own personal cash on Dem candidates, by a wide margin.

80+% of all media writers and execs vote Democrat. Liberal/left all the way.

http://www.mediaresearch.org/biasbasics/biasbasics3.asp

The Rather-CBS split had been coming for a long time. It's not that CBS suddenly became "conservative", it's just that Dan had been pulling up the rear of the three networks for prime time evening news, and they were looking for any excuse to fire his sorry ass 'cause he was losing them money!!!. Can't have that!! His blatantly prejudiced fairy tale on Bush gave 'em a doozy of a reason, and he should have gotten fired.

//
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The facts, NEM, the facts. Dispute the facts, if you want, but to shoot the messenger solves nothing. The media is overwhelmingly dominated by liberal/left bias, and has been for many years. There is no question about that.

And the argument that, "well, most of the media owners (think: Rupert Murdoch) are 'conservative'," is an empty canard. Virtually all owners are in the media business to make money; if liberal views sell, then that's what they print. Whether these owners personally believe those views is of less importance to them than their bottom line. And so they hire liberal editors and the product reflects that. End of story.

//
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

I have always found it interesting in the search for detractors or Bush or people who could validate his absence, there has never been one person who has come forth to verify his attendance.. he is a fortunate son, who was well taken care of, no different than many of the others who pontificate about war, but have never had their boots on the ground.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

Why do the Left Wing Sore Loser Hate Groups "Hollywood, Most Liberals, The Loony Anti War Hippies, Rodent Face Dan Rather, CBS, Democrats etc", why do all these people gush and fawn over the
    "Smelly Junkie Draft Dodgers" that ran like little scared rabbits up to Canada and call them the true heros for not wanting to fight in Viet Nam (Dyke Joan Biaz wrote songs about them) why do they grovel and slobber over another one of their Idols Billy Blue Dress who ran off to Europe to avoid the war why do they praise and worship the nut Al "Boob" Gore who used his influence to be stationed in an office out of harms way with a typewriter and special body guards.

GW Bush as everybody knows was certainly no War Hero but how long do you think it took him to learn how to fly a Jet Fighter Plane why do they never mention the time he did spend on duty.

Bush drank he's an Alcoholic, we are told it is a sickness, we are told to help them help themselves, Liberals are supposed to be kind, understanding and tolerant LOL, they are only tolerant to those who will Tow The Line with their Loony vicious hateful philosophy, all others, watch out.

Don't you think those Spiteful Hate Filled Democrats have tried and tried to destroy Bush with this "Deserter Thing" if there was something there don't you think a Hatchet man like Jame Carville or somebody like that Filthy Witch Hillary Clinton would have found it by now and used it to destroy and embarrass the whole Bush family including their dogs, do you realize what a hero that person would be among the Sore Losing Democrats if they could prove that Bush deserted.

If Bush purposely tried to avoid Viet Nam why isn't he considered a "HERO" among the liberal anti war peacenics like the "Canada Weasles" and Billy Blue Dress are.

Bush got drunk and went AWOL just like thousands and thousnads of servicemen before him have done he returned and recieved his discharge, getting drunk and going AWOL was done all through WWII many that did it went on to earn medals or die in combat.

To The Left Wing Liberal Bush Hater:
    Draft Dodgers that ran squealing and whimpering to Canada and Europe are Brave Wonderful Heros for avoiding Viet Nam.

GW Bush joined the National Guard became a Fighter Pilot, got drunk and went AWOL and the likes of Dan Rather and all the other Sore Loser Rats want him and his whole family crucified (the new media took care of Dan Rather) if he tried to desert shouldn't Jane Fonda & Kerry be Proud of him, if he Deserted shouldn't Peter Paul and Mary be singing sings about him?

GW Bush is far from being the Perfect President but it has really been something to watch what he has done to those Vicious Back Stabbing Sore Losing New Democrats.

GW Bush has driven every loony liberal in this country Insane.

Liberal History Book
    Viet Nam Draft Dodgers "True Heros Of Viet Nam"
    GW Bush went AWOL "Coward" :singing:

F-ck You Dan Rather you lousy little CREEP.
    :bricks:
  7. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +117 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

So Rather who was the "editor" of the news, is suing CBS for firing him after he propurted a complete false document, (one in which it took the internet less than an hour to completely debunk) as the truth.
    What are his grounds? They should have know that Rather was a lying liberal sack of ****, and should have known better than to accept anything he said about Bush as the truth.

This stuff is typical liberalism, if you keep saying something is true, sooner or later, you actually believe it.
  8. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +117 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

NEM, do you have any proof of this? OF course not.

p.s. if you are going to make up a memo from back then, don't do it on a word processor.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Do you have proof, that he served.. do not recall anyone ever validating that he was actually doing anything in the military at that time... as much an no one can recall his absence, always found the vice versa just as true.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

The only thing this Biased Hate Bush Has Been jerk will accomplish with his law suit is he will wind up as a even a bigger fool than he alraedy is.

Go away Dan, your an embarrassment and a disgrace to the world of journalism.
    The News is now "Fair And Balanced, They Report And We Can Decide"
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I hope you know how fukcing embarrasing FOX news, their slogans, and 'anchors' are to 85% of the population.
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

Yes I know but I didn't realize it until I found out that 95% of the population watches them, thats not counting the other people, all over the world.
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I wonder who gave you an impression that 95% of the population watches FOX...

Its viewers are dinosaurs, and WASPs.....

I love ya and all Harry...but the *****-backward thinking of the neo-corruption propoganda making fear mongers who run that netwrk are deliberatly causing their viewers have opinions that go back before the 12 century. It, as a network, hurts our society more than it informs. It drives away critical thinking based on facts and makes the elderly think there are only two sides of an issue.

I know you are the exception to this rule, and understand the sour taste of the salt you have to take on a daily basis....

in other words: I KNOW you KNOW this network is 100% bull$h!t. but you don't care. and to be honest....I actually respect you more for that, and I know how ****ed up that sounds.
  14. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +117 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

His honorable discharge, that's pretty good proof isn't it?
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you mean how you do so, routinely?

i love when you speak with such smarmy conviction, when in fact there IS a rather clear "question about that"... perhaps there's no question in your Connish brain, but there certainly is a wide ranging dispute for the rest of civilization... or are you speaking for everyone again?

if you're gonna sit here and play the ratings card, then explain to us how Phil Donahue's top-rated MSNBC show was canceled... it was canceled because he was a war-dissenting voice and the righty-controlled corporate media couldn't bare that kind of dissent during a "time of war"...

end of story...
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

The thing that keeps drawing me back to Fox is they tell me a lot of things that the old worn out left wing media won't tell me (MSM) there are people on Fox that I can't stand looking at but I keep going back.
    Another reason I watch them is because the Far Left Wing HATES them so they must be doing something right.

Greta Van Sustren affects me the same way Cute Perky Katie does they make me sick.
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

6 of one, half dozen the other... they sure do tell you different things than the rest of the media tells you... and, to your rather racist, Con-man mind, you love what you hear, so of course you keep coming back ... least surprising admission in the history of the blogosphere...

so basically, you agree with everything HD said about your media "taste"...
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

At least he upped, took his training -- at least far enough so he could fly a fighter all by himself without crashing -- and that's a BILLION TIMES farther than Billy Blue Balls ever went. Bush was ready to go into combat, had he ever been called up; there's no doubt about that.

Clinton, on the very other hand, lied when he said he would enter the service, he lied when they told him to report and he "forgot" to go. He lied and lied and lied (even went to England during the "British invasion", smoked wacky weed, but "never inhaled". Right.) If you want to lay into liars, you've got the poster boy in Bill Clinton, but because he would allow men to marry other men and women to make legal marriage contracts with other women, he's peachy fine, A-OK. Bill and Hillary want all the nice things in life that the U.S. military has fought and died for them to have, but they turn around and hate the military and all who serve. If you want "smarmy", there it is in Bill & Hillary Clinton. In spades.

And you wonder why the rest of the world is turning on the U.S. Wonder no more. And start learning Chinese; you're going to need it, along with Spanish.

//
  19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

ah yes... the tired old Clinton deflection... lol

here's the difference between you and me on this forum ... i can recognize that Bill Clinton was a liar, and have no love for the guy, despite him being 10 times the president that Born Again Boy King is... you, however, can't recognize that George Bush is a liar, despite the FACT that his lies have led to tens of thousands of more dead civilians than Clinton's ever did...

one president was adverse to giving our military much of a leash

the other is intent on stretching our military to the breaking point, making us much LESS safe in the process... and you're apparently fine with that...
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

I like fox because liberal left wingers don't like fox if liberal left wingers liked fox I wouldn't like fox.