PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Pompei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
It seems like he and our "boy" Prisco have learned their lessons.

See Pompei's blog below below:

"I like New England to win it all for a number of reasons. I generally don't put a lot of stock in how easy or difficult a team's schedule looks at this time of year, but I can't remember the last time the Patriots' schedule looked anywhere near this inviting. I'm a little concerned about the receivers, but the Patriots have enough weapons on offense (take a look at their tight ends and running backs) that they should be able to get away with less production from the wideouts. The defense could be very good, especially if the Patriots finally get a little luck with injuries. And they're due for some injury luck.

well put. that about sums it up.

i dont want to credit the author for learning anything. when he was picking agaisnt us he was an idiot and now suddenly he is intelligent ? Would we say the same if ron borges turns in to a patriots fan ? these guys are what they are so i wouldnt suddenly give them credit if the picked us.if in fact we dont end up winning will we say prisco was an idiot ? all these guys just pickup a team like a lottery and write a story.

SVN said:
i dont want to credit the author for learning anything. when he was picking agaisnt us he was an idiot and now suddenly he is intelligent ? Would we say the same if ron borges turns in to a patriots fan ? these guys are what they are so i wouldnt suddenly give them credit if the picked us.if in fact we dont end up winning will we say prisco was an idiot ? all these guys just pickup a team like a lottery and write a story.

At least Pompei and some others are providing informed opinions these days. It wasn't always that way.

Let's face it, most of these writers/analyst's opinions are derived from one of two or both of these catergories

A) They are following the trendy or "eye candy" pick. Peyton Manning and his gawdy stats will always be popular. Better yet, let's go back to 2001. Remember the greatest show on turf? Nobody was gonna beat that glamorous, high powered offense. I don't think anyone had the guts to say that we were gonna cover that 14 point spread.

B) The good press they provide is equivalent to the amount of access these writers have to the team. Guys like Dr. Z and Pasquarelli used to love the Pats. But lately both have complained aout how they have had difficulty getting interviews with the Pats. Noticeably, their columns of late have been very anti-Patriot. THEY ALL LOVE TONY DUNGY AND PARCELLS. Dungy is a great man. Dungy is a great coach. Really? How many rings does he have with Jesus H. Christ at QB? Parcells? Hey even I find him entertaining. But the Dallas lovefest is quite premature.

Slagathor said:
At least Pompei and some others are providing informed opinions these days. It wasn't always that way.

Let's face it, most of these writers/analyst's opinions are derived from one of two or both of these catergories

A) They are following the trendy or "eye candy" pick. Peyton Manning and his gawdy stats will always be popular. Better yet, let's go back to 2001. Remember the greatest show on turf? Nobody was gonna beat that glamorous, high powered offense. I don't think anyone had the guts to say that we were gonna cover that 14 point spread.

B) The good press they provide is equivalent to the amount of access these writers have to the team. Guys like Dr. Z and Pasquarelli used to love the Pats. But lately both have complained aout how they have had difficulty getting interviews with the Pats. Noticeably, their columns of late have been very anti-Patriot. THEY ALL LOVE TONY DUNGY AND PARCELLS. Dungy is a great man. Dungy is a great coach. Really? How many rings does he have with Jesus H. Christ at QB? Parcells? Hey even I find him entertaining. But the Dallas lovefest is quite premature.

I got to honestly say that I enjoy reading your posts Slagathor... Keep up the great work!

deeds said:
I got to honestly say that I enjoy reading your posts Slagathor... Keep up the great work!

Thanx deeds.

The appreciation is mutual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes