PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Pompei: Either OchoCinco or Haynesworth will be cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres a first time for everything.

So, what you're saying is that Belichick is going to screw over a veteran and, in turn, make is nearly impossible to get other veterans to restructure their contracts to help the team to "send a message." You clearly have been smoking too much of the wacky weed with Adam Sandler.

Joker -I hate Casserly as much as the next person, but the article said "One NFL Executive. Casserly isn't an NFL Executive.

well, DaB...I'm a betting man...and I like to play odds...in this case I'm betting the word "former" was omitted, on purpose, to obscure the possibility that this IS Casserly, in order that it be taken seriously. At this point, if this was published as "One former NFL Executive", it would be dismissed out of hand, laughed out of the room and NEVER broadcast.

There is also the distinct possibility that this unnamed NFL exec got HIS information from...wait for it...here it comes...CHARLIE CASSERLY!!!!

OCHO wont be cut....too much merchandising for his jerseys already,this guy is already an icon with Pats Fans and unless he does something outlandish like streaking naked around Gillette he is here for the long run

Haynesworth deserves a chance
,if he behaves he stays

If I had to bet on which recent acquisition will be cut it will be Andre Carter

Last edited:
OCHO wont be cut....too much merchandising for his jerseys already,this guy is already an icon with Pats Fans and unless he does something outlandish like streaking around Gillette he is here for the long run

,if he behaves he stays

Pats don't need another icon to sell merchandise. Brady? Welker? Woodhead? I wouldn't be surprised if Mallet jersey sales took off.

Merchandise is the absolute last reason one of the most financially successful teams (pre-ocho) would retain a player. That said, I don't see Ocho going anywhere either, but for vastly different reasons.

Last edited:
OCHO wont be cut....too much merchandising for his jerseys already,this guy is already an icon with Pats Fans and unless he does something outlandish like streaking around Gillette he is here for the long run

,if he behaves he stays

I'm hoping Carter will stick as he is a high character veteran we have too few of. Especially on D.

Again, these stories are a dime a dozen constantly being flogged by hack writers desperate for something to write about. What really pisses me off is when other outlets like PFT, lend credibility to what is BAD speculation at best. I hate when Florio does that.

I wish I had a widely read blog so I could speculate about the possibility that Florio and Pompei regularly abuse preteens and beat their wives. I know there is a strong possibility that its NOT true, but what the heck, there are seemingly NO CONSEQUENCES for making such wild speculation, so why NOT. :rolleyes:

BTW- apologies to Pete Prisco for thinking that he'd written the original story. I got my P's mixed up

Last edited:
"one unnamed NFL executive...says Patriots will do ridiculous insanity and completely stupid "bad!!!!!!" things to new FA pickups""..

well...let's see...MOTIVE is ALWAYS the first reason a human being does or says something so ridiculous and so stupid it is easily seen through immediately. So...NFL executive...hmmmmm...I'm guessing this exec made a HUGE splash in the media about some "BIG MOVE!!!!!" and then didn't deliver...in fact, it blew up in his face and the resulting egg explosion covered an entire meadowland....and then this exec, like almost every person associated with his organization, lashed out at the New England Patriots and coach Belichick, claiming the Patriots made the "HUGE MISTAKE!!!!! REAL REAL BAD!!!!!" blunder of SIGNING Ocho Cinco and Haynesworth....gee....hmmmm...wonder which "NFL executive" fits THIS description????

Last edited:
Cutting both would be throwing away what represents a very large chunk of their efforts to improve this team.

Neither one of them will be cut barring some major incident. End of story.

Last edited:
it wouldn't surprise me one bit if bb cuts Haynesworth. when was the last time the fat slob actually participated in practice?

I don't think they ever intended on having him go through a full training camp like everyone else. I think the goal from the beginning was to bring him along at a very slow pace with an eye toward the regular season. that seems to be exactly what is happening.

Take this story for what it is worth, Dan Pompei of the National Football Post says that he is hearing that either OchoCinco or Haynesworth will be cut before the season starts to set an example to all the players:

NFP Sunday Blitz | National Football Post

It looks to be pure speculation and pure BS, but I figured I would pass it along. I don't think Haynesworth is a lock to make the team, but I doubt that Belichick will cut him just to send a message to the lockerroom.

Granted, we heard the same rumors in 2007 about Moss too.

Total nonsense.
By all reports that I've heard Ocho has been a model citizen, is working hard in practice, hanging with Brady to learn this O and doing his film work after the practices.
Ocho isn't going anywhere.
Haynesworth will be cut ONLY if Bill feels his play isn't up to snuff to help this team win a SB.
Yet another example as to why we call them mediots.

Pats don't need another icon to sell merchandise. Brady? Welker? Woodhead? I wouldn't be surprised if Mallet jersey sales took off.

Merchandise is the absolute last reason one of the most financially successful teams (pre-ocho) would retain a player. That said, I don't see Ocho going anywhere either, but for vastly different reasons.
In addition revenue from merchandise sales get split equally between all 32 teams. The only additional revenue of merchandise a team keeps is for what is sold at the stadium during a home game (i.e., the equivalent of what a retail store would make during those hours).

So unless the NFL is now dictating who gets traded where, as well as which players teams keep on their roster (quick, somebody grab that speculation and write a story about it!), then merchandising of jerseys is irrelevant.

The whole 'teams acquire or keep a player for profits from merchandise sales' is a huge myth that gets repeated across all 32 fan bases annually.

OCHO wont be cut....too much merchandising for his jerseys already,this guy is already an icon with Pats Fans and unless he does something outlandish like streaking naked around Gillette he is here for the long run

,if he behaves he stays

Read the Sunday reports here elsewhere. "Clearly Andre Carter is the best Patriots pass rusher."

Remember that dooshbag Michael Silver and his "growing disconnect" BS last season related to the Patriots front office and Brady? F the media, especially the national ones. I am focking convinced convinced convinced CONVINCED that the aholes online just throw shizat against the wall when it related to the Patriots becasue they know it'll get posted on this forum and generate thousands of hits for their site.
It's almost as though they think, "Sh#t, we told these advertisers we get 100,000 unique site visits a month - we're 20,000 short.....lets post some speculative bull****e about the Patriots or one of their players....it'll get us the numbers we need."

So, what you're saying is that Belichick is going to screw over a veteran and, in turn, make is nearly impossible to get other veterans to restructure their contracts to help the team to "send a message." You clearly have been smoking too much of the wacky weed with Adam Sandler.
really thats what i said lmao? i dont remember saying anything like that? are you sure your not the one smoking the wacky weed?

If someone made a topic on this message board with the same premise as Pompei it would be one star'd and ridiculed to hell, rightfully so.

This guy actually gets paid for this?

[/quote]
Originally Posted by DaBruinz
Joker -I hate Casserly as much as the next person, but the article said "One NFL Executive. Casserly isn't an NFL Executive.
[/quote]
well, DaB...I'm a betting man...and I like to play odds...in this case I'm betting the word "former" was omitted, on purpose, to obscure the possibility that this IS Casserly, in order that it be taken seriously. At this point, if this was published as "One former NFL Executive", it would be dismissed out of hand, laughed out of the room and NEVER broadcast.

There is also the distinct possibility that this unnamed NFL exec got HIS information from...wait for it...here it comes...CHARLIE CASSERLY!!!!
Originally Posted by Joker

"one unnamed NFL executive...says Patriots will do ridiculous insanity and completely stupid "bad!!!!!!" things to new FA pickups""..

well...let's see...MOTIVE is ALWAYS the first reason a human being does or says something so ridiculous and so stupid it is easily seen through immediately. So...NFL executive...hmmmmm...I'm guessing this exec made a HUGE splash in the media about some "BIG MOVE!!!!!" and then didn't deliver...in fact, it blew up in his face and the resulting egg explosion covered an entire meadowland....and then this exec, like almost every person associated with his organization, lashed out at the New England Patriots and coach Belichick, claiming the Patriots made the "HUGE MISTAKE!!!!! REAL REAL BAD!!!!!" blunder of SIGNING Ocho Cinco and Haynesworth....gee....hmmmm...wonder which "NFL executive" fits THIS description????

I concur and subscribe to the Tannenbaum theory.

What is best way to smokescreen your own stupidity while making your biggest rival have to answer stupid questions. Plus it has to be somebody who has no worries about his long-term credibility being damaged by such a stupid assertion. The NYJ-media ties are too much based on other biases than truthfulness to be severed for b-s.

really thats what i said lmao? i dont remember saying anything like that? are you sure your not the one smoking the wacky weed?

You are the one who said that "there is a first time for everything" in regards to my asking you when was the last time that BB cut a player within a year of having redone their contract.

I gave the results of what would happen if the Pats were to cut a veteran who had just redone their contract. It's called logical progression..Clearly something you aren't familiar with.

Why Would The Patriots Cut Chad Ochocinco Or Albert Haynesworth?

Why Would The Patriots Cut Chad Ochocinco Or Albert Haynesworth?
By: Russ Goldman

Could it be possible that the Patriots cut Ochocinco or Haynsesworth? Well read why I don't think this will happen. ...

Here's the image to today's major Jet story in the Post...

brady_sports131140--430x180.jpg

Brady says he'll 'never get over' loss to Jets

The Rats are set to play their first preseason game tonight....what's the focal point of the NY media? What are the Rats talking to the media about?

Yeah....so....wonder who this "front office NFL team exec" is? Some "exec" calls some low level schlep and tells him to put in the daily negative Pats blurb...this idiot Costello PRINTS what Brady says in a ten minute session on EEI like it's news......"oh boy!!!! Jets fans are gonna weally weally wuv this!!!!....all I can picture is THIS guy sitting at a typewriter in the newsroom of the Post...

images

Here's the image to today's major Jet story in the Post...

brady_sports131140--430x180.jpg

Brady says he'll 'never get over' loss to Jets

The Rats are set to play their first preseason game tonight....what's the focal point of the NY media? What are the Rats talking to the media about?

Yeah....so....wonder who this "front office NFL team exec" is? Some "exec" calls some low level schlep and tells him to put in the daily negative Pats blurb...this idiot Costello PRINTS what Brady says in a ten minute session on EEI like it's news......"oh boy!!!! Jets fans are gonna weally weally wuv this!!!!....all I can picture is THIS guy sitting at a typewriter in the newsroom of the Post...

images

Umm.......What does that have to do with Ocho and Haynesworth?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back