PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Pompei: Either OchoCinco or Haynesworth will be cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Belichick hordes draft pick I'd be very shocked if he did those trades with the intention to do this.

WTH? Lord I hate the media. Everyday I despise them more and more. That entire paragraph reeks of speculative BS. IMHO, of course.
"NFL executive familiar with the Patriots ways".....:rolleyes:
All these outsiders think they know this organization. Give me a break. Sure one of those guys may not make the team. I'm sorry but I refuse to take the word of the infamous NFL EXECUTVE as gospel.

I agree with you. Unless it is boring as heck, it is not "right."

By "right" I mean from a good source. If the source is Belichick's significant other telling you how he talks in his sleep about cutting Haynesworth that is "right." It is "right" even if Haynesworth is never cut. If the source is the assistant janitor it is not right even if Haynesworth is cut.

I know "right" is not the correct word.

Oh, "NFL executive familiar with the Patriots ways" is grounds keeper in Canton.:)

Joey Galloway had less positive reports coming out of practice than Ocho and he got a few games to see if it would work out (Unless there's something else going on behind closed doors). Granted we may be a bit better of at receiver than we were when Galloway was in camp, but I think BB will give him a chance as he can help the team. There's still preseason games to go.

Albert can be a difference maker and until we know his situation, it's all speculation. Either way, we appear to have solid depth and we'll just have to trust Bill on this ;)

Just curious, but is this one of the guys who said Moss was going to be cut at the end of training camp in 2007? Moss didn't play much in the preseason either, then he came out and smoked the Jets for several TDs in week one, as I recall.

PS - I don't think BB needs to set an example for his players, and if he did, he already did it with cutting Ty Warren. You don't play, you don't stay in NE. Even I know that and I am not on the team.

Nobody knows what will happen, but I'd say if either of these two was on the bubble, they would have been playing (for an evaluation) last Thursday.

He is "familiar with the Patriots", but then so am I. Why doesn't one of these hacks ask me for some sensationalist opinion? I could make up some good stuff.:singing:

Brady is on the trading block because Hoyer can mentor Mallet. Jerod Mayo is considering retirement. Kevin Faulk is trying out at CB because it is thinner than RB.

Can be your source?:singing:

don't lose both EFF that or 1 for that matter.

Albert must be in AWFUL shape... but this is only a temporary condition as it will get much much better w/ time.

Ocho cut makes 0 sense. He is a more valuable over Tate; Ocho can at least run routes and will warrant coverage by a top DB.

All this news is bogus and I bet it is Roger Goodell b/c he feels pissed that the JETS did nothing significant in the off-season:rocker:

I have a large Ocho replica on way Jesus if he gets cut... i'll send that piece back all pissed off.
I don't see either cut happening.
I'll send it back unopened and get a GRONK. I like to wear my jersey tighter over very baggy

Tate is garbage and Haynesworth is a better body than most of our DL Jags included

Last edited:
If Ocho gets cut, his roommate is going to be seriously ticked off.

Ocho has yet to play and I think he will come out when TFB play's. I don't see 85 out of NE

Without question, the biggest example of hack journalsm i've seen lately.

How would releasing a guy like Haynesworth affect anything. Who would be surprised? The guy isn't integrated into the team yet so how will it shake up anything.

By choosing him and Ocho for this story, he is of course playing the percentages, mostly counting on AH to be gone since he hasnt participated much.

If AH does get cut, he can say, wow am i a great reporter or what?

I would hope when this prognostication falls flat, he gets email bombed and told what an aggregious hack he is.

It's a marketing calculation by an internet writer.

Other than Brady, which Patriots players are most searched for on a Google search?

Ocho and Haynesworth.

Pompeii had nothing to write today, so he put in their two names and now can go to his boss and say "See how many clicks I got????"

Haley it won't happen. Ocho runs routes Tate is not smart enough to understand them and excecute.:cool:

Journalism like this makes me miss John Tomase.:D

lol, im gonna call BS on this....

BB is way too smart to pre arrange a cut of a high ceiling player before he even practices for us, simply to set an example

what happens if both guys come in and play/practice out of this world? this is very very very stupid

Joey Galloway had less positive reports coming out of practice than Ocho and he got a few games to see if it would work out (Unless there's something else going on behind closed doors). Granted we may be a bit better of at receiver than we were when Galloway was in camp, but I think BB will give him a chance as he can help the team. There's still preseason games to go.

Albert can be a difference maker and until we know his situation, it's all speculation. Either way, we appear to have solid depth and we'll just have to trust Bill on this ;)

The word was on Galloway was that he didn't want to put in the effort to learn the playbook. That isn't the case with OchoCinco. From all accounts, he is trying hard to learn the terminology, routes, and presnap reads. Galloway came in for the paycheck and hopes of a championship, but didn't want to work for it. I think OchoCinco actually wants to win after years of being in a losing organization.

That would be a nightmare for his roommate. If OchoCinco gets cut, his roommate gets stuck with an unemployeed roommate who spends his day playing XBox and Twittering. And even if he got a job interview, he would probably miss it because he doesn't know the area and doesn't believe in GPS.

The word was on Galloway was that he didn't want to put in the effort to learn the playbook. That isn't the case with OchoCinco. From all accounts, he is trying hard to learn the terminology, routes, and presnap reads.

This was very apparent to me in person. At every camp session I've been to, I never saw him not ask a question.

In a normal off-season, Ocho would have been traded either at or directly after the draft and would have been working all off-season on these things. OTA's, mini-camps, actually having the playbook.

Now 5 months is being compressed into 1 and there is surprise that he's behind in the offense? Child please.

And has anyone who has been to any practices or watched the 1st game think that this is a team that looks like it needs a message sent? The friggin backups played a very clean game, not many penalties.

This is the NFL. Every player knows that they can get cut at any time. If anything BB already sent his message with Ty Warren, not that he even needs to do that. They act like Bill isn't already in control of the team. Bill doesn't need to send a message, Bill is the message.

And the reporter and his anonymous source are douche-bags. If you aren't man enough to come out and put your name behind a statement like that then STFU.

I think people have this pretty well nailed for what it really is. Its just another shot as speculation, so that if it eventually comes true, Prisco can take credit for it, and WHEN it doesn't it can be completely ignored, just as if it never happened.

The problem with so called "journalism" these days is that this kind of speculative article there are NO CONSEQUENCES for being wrong. Nowadays if they hit on one out of ten, they hype the one and ignore the others...all with a straight face. Borges has waited over a decade for BB to fail, so he can say I told you so. :rolleyes: Felger is a master of this (Though I will say that when he is wrong he owns up to it).

BTW- As to Ocho, I think Shmessy IIRC said it best. We are setting our expectations way too high for him. He has been very good for a decade doing it a certain way. Now he's being asked to learn a different way. Its been reported many times that the Pats offense is unique in its terminology and demands on receivers, so its understandable he's having some problems just 2 weeks in.

And has anyone who has been to any practices or watched the 1st game think that this is a team that looks like it needs a message sent? The friggin backups played a very clean game, not many penalties.

The best part about that game? Pats backups kick a**, but still do enough things wrong that the coaches have plenty of filling for the Humble Pie. :)

They act like Bill isn't already in control of the team. Bill doesn't need to send a message, Bill is the message.

Ooh. This might be my new sig quote. :D

Others beat me to it but the reporter is behind the times. Former starting DE Ty Warren was cut right off the bat sending a clear message that if you show up unprepared and not ready to focus on football, you're gone regardless of former "starting" status. A much stronger message than cutting some new to the team FA. Listening to SIRIUS NFL radio yesterday when they were at the Donks camp covering the team the analyists commented that Ty Warren looked out of shape, not ready for football. There's big competition for backup DEs there. We might see Ty out of work again.

1. If anything BB already sent his message with Ty Warren, not that he even needs to do that.

2. And the reporter and his anonymous source are douche-bags. If you aren't man enough to come out and put your name behind a statement like that then (Please be quiet - edited).

1. Exactly.

2. Why would the source risk appearing 100% wrong if Ocho and Albert are still there and contributing in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back