PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Patrick today

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
just want to share my observation
i listened to his radio podcast today...usually he is objective but for some reason always tries to lowball the pats. for no reason he said that the jets win and 'you will hear the spin everywhere that the pats had no brady,harrison etc and that will be the spin everywhere but the JETS won this game'. While this maybe true for some strange reason he kept repeating this game but on the other hand if the pats won he wouldve(going by his history in the recent past) wouldve said the jets lost a game they supposed to have won with so many pats players out.
i really dont mind his show since it has some decent guests and he covers a lot of sports without much shouting and shrieking but his anti pats stance is now getting disappointing.

What can one say, except that it should come as no surprise to us that a large majority of sportscasters out there a) love Favre and b) like New York teams.

They do seem to have absolutely no memory at all though--all seem to have forgotten the fact that the JEST won in Foxboro in 2006. And they were sky-high after that game, too, only to crap the coop last season.

He's a former ESPN cronie. Need I say more.

They're just "dumbing" it down for the masses and appealing to the simple minds that have it in for the Pats. I guess it pays the bills.:rolleyes:

He's just an idiot. How that charismaless, boring bastard ever got a radio show, and then another one, is beyond me. Chevy Chase's late night show was more exciting and interesting.

OTOH, on WFAN, Joe Beningo and Evan Roberts gave alot credit to the Pats for playing with all the injuries and playing so well. And, even though they won, they were pretty p!ssed that the Jets almost blew it repeatedly. You could almost hear Joe ripping his hair out as they were talking about it.

If even the NY guys can give the Pats credit, methinks it shows the Stupidity of Dan "Monotone" Patrick.

i actually think he is usually balanced and not over the top but since last yr he always tries and diss the pats and when pointed out he yells he doesnt have a favorite team etc etc.

I like Dan Patrick; he's one of the better radio hosts out there.

I've always wondered who people think are good broadcasters. It's very easy on a discussion board to hear criticism of any announcer or talk show host. It's rare to hear praise. From the posts I've seen, it's hard to believe any announcer/talk show host would get more than a 25% favorable rating. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back