PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

dan patrick show-patriots are the least likely people want to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
in the superbowl..interesting discussion..says the pats have no personality ..no one talks much ..like the 49ers of the past...says most people dont want to see the patriots because they are tired of them being their...said ..any of the other 3 teams would be a good story..
sure as a pats fan it pisses us off but i think this may be consensus statement of the nation i would say..

Why would the Bears be a good story ?

Guess that would make sense. My Dad the Stillers fan is pulling for the Patriots. He thinks Tom Brady is one of the best ever, hates Paymetons Manning, and would never root for an NFC team. :D Welcome to the Darkside, Pop.

havent been there in a long time...unlikely team with unproven QB ...i guess they can re run the shuffle a 100 times...lovie being an african american coach etc etc i guess

It would give the media something different to talk about, and hence the general populace something different to HEAR about. That's all they care about. Keeping intrested. The repeat story is only fun for US, not for all of them.

in the superbowl..interesting discussion..says the pats have no personality ..no one talks much ..like the 49ers of the past...says most people dont want to see the patriots because they are tired of them being their...said ..any of the other 3 teams would be a good story..
sure as a pats fan it pisses us off but i think this may be consensus statement of the nation i would say..

I don't think it's wrong to say that. I remember reading during the Cowboys most recent run of success (the Aikman/Smith/Irvin days) that "The only people who LIKE a dynasty are the fans of that team"

The Pats are certainly popular, but they are only 1 of 32 teams, in one small corner of the country. If you aren't a Pats fan then I can totally understand getting sick of seeing them year after year.

All that being said, I obviously HOPE they make the big dance again this year, and I'll vever tire of it. :rocker:

People have really really low attention spa

what was I talking about?

havent been there in a long time...unlikely team with unproven QB ...i guess they can re run the shuffle a 100 times...lovie being an african american coach etc etc i guess
Not much of a story IMO. Bias aside, I think the Patriots would be the biggest story to see if they can take one more step towards equaling the great dynasties of all time. That's kind of a story, I would think :confused:

Totally understandable. The Patriots have been on top for quite a spell now. It's natural for people to feel that way.

On the other hand, did I hear you correctly that it was said that the Patriots have no personality and no one talks much? Well gee, that flies in the face of everything the pundits have been spewing the last two days. After all, the Pats are not a classy team, they stomp on other teams' logos, make fun of their dances, and so on. LT said it was true, so it must be, right?

Sounds like the Pats bashers are having their cake and eating it too. :D

Uh-Oh, can we say "Yankees Syndrome" ?

Who outside of New York would really want to see the Yankees in another World Series?

We've won too often and we've been around the top too long. People, outside of Patriots Nation and students of NFL History who want to see whether we can match records set by the likes of Brown, Lombardi and Montana, would love to see us lose. We have to deal with it.

There's only one storyline for this year's SB that could be even the slightest bit sympathetic towards us, i.e., if we play the Bears and it becomes a story about avenging a humiliating loss 20 years ago (think The SuperBowl Shuffle and The Fridge's TD).

If it's Pats against the Saints, the storyline will be Darth Vader against the Jedi Knights, Evil vs. Good, David vs. Goliath...well, you get the idea. By the time the media's done with us, half the nation will believe that Tom Brady was responsible for Hurricane Katrina and that Richard Seymour was the guy Bush put in charge of Disaster Relief in New Orleans. What's more, every aggressive hit by Rodney, every Photographer scorned by Bill Belichick, every taunt by any Patriot anytime, anywhere will be mustered in evidence that we are the biggest, baddest, un-classiest team in the Universe. And, we should love every minute of it.

Last edited:
We've won too often and we've been around the top too long. People, outside of Patriots Nation and students of NFL History who want to see whether we can match records set by the likes of Brown, Lombardi and Montana, would love to see us lose. We have to deal with it.

There's only one storyline for this year's SB that could be even the slightest bit sympathetic towards us, i.e., if we play the Bears and it becomes a story about avenging a humiliating loss 20 years ago (think The SuperBowl Shuffle and The Fridge's TD).

If it's Pats against the Saints, the storyline will be Darth Vader against the Jedi Knights, Evil vs. Good, David vs. Goliath...well, you get the idea. By the time the media's done with us, half the nation will believe that Tom Brady was responsible for Hurricane Katrina and that Richard Seymour was the guy Bush put in charge of Disaster Relief in New Orleans. What's more, every aggressive hit by Rodney, every Photographer scorned by Bill Belichick, every taunt by any Patriot anytime, anywhere will be mustered in evidence that we are the biggest, baddest, un-classiest team in the Universe. And, we should love every minute of it.

Sweet Post!

The media has chosen to ignore us instead of glorify us, so they have overlooked the storylines.

We have as many storylines as any other team, but they have virtually all gone unnoticed ever since 2001.

Except the silly ones, like what Bill wears.

I mean, Bruschi playing in a superbowl after suffering a stroke is just not worth mentioning.

The fact is that we got this same treatment in 2001, BEFORE we were a dynasty.

Who outside of New York would really want to see the Yankees in another World Series?

This could be true. But the problem of the yankees is that they "buy" all the good players, as there is no salary cap in the MLB. The patriots are subject to the salary cap, and they excel in signing "no-names" such as caldwell, gaffney, hawkins, etc. There is a big difference. Go Pats:rocker:

That's different, the Yankees dominance is due to a huge financial resources advantage.

The Pats built a dynasty on a level playing field.

I remember once a Yankees fan thought he was paying us a compliment when he said the Pats reminded him of the Yankees. I was insulted by that, our dynasties couldn't be more different, and the Pats' dynasty is far more worthy of respect.

Last edited:

Don't ever compare this team to Darth Steinbrenner spending like a billion dollars in the past few years for no rings.

Does anyone think the fans of the great Cowboys and 49ers teams gave a F of what other fans thought of them?

listen, there's a CHANCE here that the Pats could be ONE trophy short after this year of tying the 9ers, Boys, and Squealers for the best franchise of all time. the LAST thing we should be thinking about is what other fans care about

It's the price of continually winning.

I'll take it :)

Does anyone think the fans of the great Cowboys and 49ers teams gave a F of what other fans thought of them?

listen, there's a CHANCE here that the Pats could be ONE trophy short after this year of tying the 9ers, Boys, and Squealers for the best franchise of all time. the LAST thing we should be thinking about is what other fans care about

Not to mention, we can be only the second team to win 4 SB's in a 6 year span.

EZ76

Let's not forget that we make the media do their jobs. The Pats players do not go out of their way to talk trash all week. They are low key and aside from Brady there isn't much to talk about.

Well unless you include:

Bruschi's stroke

Multitude of injuries

4 in 6, trying to match the Steelers of the 70's

Returning to the Super Bowl despite the loss of 3 coordinators in two years

Making the run with 2 wins on the road in the playoffs, 9-1 on the road in general.

Team's lack of success in Miami

Rodney battling back from injury again.

Seau possibly getting a ring (though he is hurt).

Deion Branch saga/"replacement" wr's.

The high number of draft picks that can restock and retool this team once again for even more runs at the Lombardi.

Belichick's off field "issues" lately and staying focused despite them

Possible rematch of SB20

Yeah, no storylines at all. I'm sure I'm missing some. that is 12 days worth of material right there without even touching on the positional match ups, coaching match up, "how they got here"/road to the super bowl articles...

I guess the media would rather have a boring Super Bowl, like sb30, and have Ray Lewis fill their papers for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes