Dan patrick show comments on Adam V

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
For anyone interested-
Dan patrick and keith obberman were talking adam v.- here is the summary-
--Oberrman pointed out the pats have not missed anyone they have left go in the past except maybe ty law
--That age -(above 30) is big factor in mcginest and Adam leaving.
--Okay to let all these players go but who are they bringing in was the talk?
--Adam is remembered for his clutch kicks but its not that other kickers in the SB may not have made that kick although vanderjerk was not part of that list

SVN said:
--Adam is remembered for his clutch kicks but its not that other kickers in the SB may not have made that kick although vanderjerk was not part of that list
Not to play down what Vinatieri did but his SB winners were both in tied games. Had the Patriots been down by 1 or 2 and it's win or lose, not win or O.T. would the outcome have been different ? Who knows but this wasn't the same as Scott Norwood.

His tying kick vs. Oakland in the Snow Bowl, that's different, that kick was amazing.

Last edited:
...let's not diminish what Adam did for New England - he was CRUCIAL to two (and arguably all three) of the Pats' SB victories. I, for one, will NEVER minimize his accomplishments.

I agree. I used to say that AV got a lifetime pass from me because of what he has done for the team, but INDY? Cripes, Adam- anyone but THEM!

Anyway- I refuse to badmouth him on his way out. I'll just hope that he doesn't bring the Colts success at NE's expense.

Honestly...thanks for kicking the football Adam...

But you can go F*&K yourself as far as I am concerned...The colts? THE COLTS!

I don't recall wishing JR Redmond all these well wishes, when he got released...because if you go back and look at the films....If it wasn't for JR...we would not have won that Snow Bowl...OR first superbowl.

Harrison37 said:
I used to say that AV got a lifetime pass from me because of what he has done for the team.
Same here -- lifetime pass for mediocrity because of the snow bowl...like Schilling and that sock. BUT he's gone. Now I look forward to jeering him when he misses or when his kickoffs barely clear midfield.

It's the name on the front of the jersey that counts ;)

BTW, Tedy will never leave. That was etched in stone when he signed his last contract. The stroke and 'last man standing' ices it. And that's good for him -- Tedy is an icon in these parts. Tedy will be TJx10 when he retires -- maybe a coach. Adam was set too. If he gets old too quick, he'll be a mistake and overpaid in Indy. Paymeaton will never allow a kicker to share the spotlight.

Go Pats!

Harrison37 said:
Anyway- I refuse to badmouth him on his way out. I'll just hope that he doesn't bring the Colts success at NE's expense.

Not me. Screw him.

Go for it, Adam! Take the money. I don't care if it's the Colts, the Jets or any team. You deserve it.

Adam never wanted to come back he made contact with the Colts last week. Adam never even visted the Colts and signed ugh!!! No Vanderjerk go Rookie

Adam's true color is yellow.

He should have signed with the cheese packers.

Adam just did not want to be a Patriot anymore... period

This was a good pickup for the Colts, it will be tough to watch him play for them. I'm not going to suddenly act like he stinks, he's still a good kicker, but he is a kicker. He hit 80% of his kicks in his career, and hasn't had a 50+ yard FG since 2002.

His clutch kicks will always be a great memory to me, but that's all they are. I'm not going to act like the guy kicks 60 yard FG's with his eyes closed and hit's 95% of his attempts every year. He is what he is, a solid kicker who will do well in Indy. I'm sure AV's replacement will probably be able to duplicate AV's 2005 season, and with the money saved, hopefully it will go towards a guy who will help lower the odds of us relying on a kicker to win or lose games.

SteveBsFan said:
I'm sure AV's replacement will probably be able to duplicate AV's 2005 season, and with the money saved, hopefully it will go towards a guy who will help lower the odds of us relying on a kicker to win or lose games.

Amen.

I'm sure Belichick was thrilled to have a kicker as clutch as Vinatieri on the roster . . . but I'm also sure it galled him (at least a little bit) every time he had to send Vinatieri in to kick a FG (since it means that the offense couldn't get their job done!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes