PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Le Batard says Phins FINISHED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I didn't see the game and the ESPN highlights didn't mention the down-distance and time out situation.........

Did Saban ACTUALLY call for the FG team from 51 yards on 3rd and 2 with 30 seconds left AND A timeout in the bank????????????????

I mean even the college coaches could handle that decision to get a little bit closer and maybe get a 1st down????????? INEXPLICABLE.

I was prepared to say Saban would get a bye for this season as he didnt buy most of the groceries; but if he is making these bone-headed calls --- watchout.

Gumby said:
I didn't see the game and the ESPN highlights didn't mention the down-distance and time out situation.........

Did Saban ACTUALLY call for the FG team from 51 yards on 3rd and 2 with 30 seconds left AND A timeout in the bank????????????????

I mean even the college coaches could handle that decision to get a little bit closer and maybe get a 1st down????????? INEXPLICABLE.

I was prepared to say Saban would get a bye for this season as he didnt buy most of the groceries; but if he is making these bone-headed calls --- watchout.

4th and 2:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20061015_MIA@NYJ

pats1 said:
Correct, it was 4th down. But that was some terrible clock management and play calling. They could have run the ball on 3rd down and called a time out after the play. That either would have got them some more shots down the field or put them in the same exact position as they ended up in if they didn't make the first down.

It was just terrible coaching. For a second I thought Herm Edwards was coaching the Fins.

I hate seeing good players stuck on crappy teams.

Z Thomas is a good player with heart. He's probably getting closer to retirement every game.

Don't get me wrong though - I absolutely love seeing miami going down in flames!! :)

My friend the Fins Fan recaction to this article:

"i agree with the entire article. they are horrible. saban is not proving his worth. the play calling has just been atrocious. i turned the game off when it was 20-3. They are so boring to watch. they are actually years away from being good. the defensive and offensive line will need to be revamped int he next couple of years plus the qb situation is up in the air for the future. things do not look good. they are just awful."

Gopats!!! said:

Z Thomas is a good player with heart. He's probably getting closer to retirement every game.

Don't get me wrong though - I absolutely love seeing miami going down in flames!! :)

But I'm sure that BB/Pioli will happily take Taylor and/or Z Thomas off of their hands. ;)

I'm happier and happier with each Miami loss (even though I really wanted a Miami win here to further space the Jets away from the Pats). Reason being that for every Miami loss the price for tickets to the NE at Miami game keeps dropping. I'll probably be able to get in for 20 bucks (2 tickets) at this rate. :D

I have a slightly different point of view. I think the team is not so bad right now with Harrington, and that they would be a little better all things considered if Harrington (or Brees) had been the starter from day one of mini-camp. Not saying they would be a good team, but not a total bottom feeder either.

The funny part is that their season is now essentially over as far as getting to the playoffs, which will cause a lot of the old timers to shut down early for the season, and Harrington is going to look awful when everybody quits early around him. So they are heading right back from mid-pack to bottom of the heap.

I guess they had two okay weeks........ :eek:

Gopats!!! said:

If Zach Thomas wants a shot at a ring, I'm sure he'd be welcomed in Foxboro...

That game was the perfect example of bad coaching. Did you see how lazy Miami was on the last drive. The kept taking their sweet time coming to the line and running plays. The wasted 20-30 seconds. They could have won that game with better coaching and better time management. It is embarrassing.

mosi said:
That game was the perfect example of bad coaching. Did you see how lazy Miami was on the last drive. The kept taking their sweet time coming to the line and running plays. The wasted 20-30 seconds. They could have won that game with better coaching and better time management. It is embarrassing.

It was bizarre! They just kept showing no urgency, and didn't hussle. It was weird. I said to myself that their slow pace would cost them the game, and it sure did. With 5 seconds left they had to try the long kick.

My theory is Saban is close to being fired. Belichick made a point today of saying how close the Dolphins game was, when in reality it appeared Belichick intentionally avoided running up the score.

Belichick also refused to go for a FG or TD at the end of the game in a blatant effort to keep the score down, and the local media totally failed to question that decision. Where was Borges when you need him?

DefenseRules said:
But I'm sure that BB/Pioli will happily take Taylor and/or Z Thomas off of their hands. ;)

i was thinking the same too...

I feel bad for the Fins.

Nick Saban is one of those coaches that I admire for what he did at LSU. Every time Auburn played LSU when he was there it's always a bad game because he was so good. It's sad to see the state they're in now.

How far they have fallen from their Superbowl 41 victory..

Brownfan80 said:
...every Miami loss the price for tickets to the NE at Miami game keeps dropping. I'll probably be able to get in for 20 bucks (2 tickets) at this rate.
Bingo!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back