PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan koppen extended

Status
Not open for further replies.
O how fabulous!

The very most important of this year's class of rising FAs.
Brady's comfort blankee.

Last edited:
great news, need to some get of these guys locked up long term.

Those cheap bastards! :rolleyes:

Outstanding!!!:D

Last edited:
Great news!! This is the time for that...whose next???

funny...koppen is on now on the radio show and felger is asking him why he took the money now when he couldve got more money in the free agency like branch etc etc
he obviously said its a diff situation for diff people and he feels comfortable here..
felger is dumbfounded now that his basis that all Free agents will leave NE after the branch fiasco doesnt hold true.

this is great news -- does anyone know how much money we have left to spend this year?

Pats726 said:
Great news!! This is the time for that...whose next???

I vote for Daniel Graham, but I am beginning to wonder if he's injury prone. May need to wait to start those talks.

Last edited:
This is what has been missing from the Offensive Line...

I'd say Graham or Asante next but something tells me these guys are going to test the waters next year.

I'm really glad to hear this news. Koppen is a key contributor on the o-line, and a solid performer.

I think that most of us knew this would start to happen as the season wore on--that BB & Pioli would use the excess cap space to lock up some key players or pay down other guys bonuses so that the cap hit in subsequent years would be lessened.

Last edited:
per Reiss look at the O Line for the next 3 years:

It's a group that includes left tackle Matt Light (2010), left guard Logan Mankins (2009), right guard Stephen Neal (2009), right tackle Ryan O'Callaghan (2009), swing tackle Nick Kaczur (2009) and guard/center Russ Hochstein (2008).

Plus Koppen to at least 2009-2010 if reports are true

Last edited:
I think it is great we locked up a key part of the OL. So this is great news.

On the money side of the house; for curiosity sake not to throw cold water on the deal...........

Does anyone know the Franchise tag figure for OC position? How does this figure of $20 mil over 5 years compare?

I dont remember what Woody took when he signed with Detroit; (for some reason the figure of 3.5M a year sticks in my mind)? If that was overpaying back how does $4M a year compare right now?

Gumby said:
I think it is great we locked up a key part of the OL. So this is great news.

On the money side of the house; for curiosity sake not to throw cold water on the deal...........

Does anyone know the Franchise tag figure for OC position? How does this figure of $20 mil over 5 years compare?

I dont remember what Woody took when he signed with Detroit; (for some reason the figure of 3.5M a year sticks in my mind)? If that was overpaying back how does $4M a year compare right now?
Not sure of Woody's money either but I think Koppen is a better value. Remember Woody couldn't even snap from the shotgun and is a guard now.

Last edited:
F*ck yeah, baby. Beef up the lines, snap The Twig.

:woohoo:

Great news, to me he was the clear top priority of the upcoming FA class. The Pats now have an entire young, talented OL locked up for long-term cohesiveness. That should pay huge dividends in coming years.

Gumby said:

There's no Center tag, it's OL so it's way high due to Tackles.

Regarding Woody I don't know but that was 3 years or so ago, salaries are up a lot since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes