PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Koppen appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Dan hardly ever gets mentioned on this board. Yet, he has been solid for us as the anchor of the OL.

Woody was hailed as one of the best centers to come out of college when we drafted him. He did do an excellent job for us. But when Woody left, Dan stepped in and gave us a seamless replacement for Woody. Some would say it was even an upgrade because Dan is flawless with the shotgun snap and Woody had problems with it.

The only position on the entire team that I'm concerned about is RT. Center is one of the positions that I'm least worried about because of Dan.

I thought if be good to give him his due here before the season starts and we take him for granted again

I saw him last Sunday on TV with Brady, as they were both at a charity even in Hyannisport. Apparently Koppen's little sister is a special needs kid (down syndrome i think) and they were both there for the "best buddies" bike-a-thon. It was on NBC last Sunday, pretty cool event and seemed like Brady and Koppen made a real difference.

Koppen is one of those under the radar guys who make this team be what it is is.. high character, great work ethic and a pretty good football player.

Dan Koppen seems like a great guy and he's been a solid center. Too bad he looks Mason Reese.

Last edited:
Who's Dan Koppen?

Who is Mason Reese?
He makes candy, right? I wonder if he also makes Italian Ices like that one that was delivered to that Pats player in Training Camp, gosh I'm forgetting who he was, by that Italian Ice guy who looked just like him.

Dan Koppen seems like a great guy and he's been a solid center. Too bad he looks Mason Reese.

Is this the dude you were takling about?

masonreese25.jpg

How did a Dan Koppen appreciation thread become a "rip Dan a new one" thread?:rofl:

Is this the dude you were takling about?

masonreese25.jpg

How did a Dan Koppen appreciation thread become a "rip Dan a new one" thread?:rofl:

I tried for ten minutes to get that phot to upload :confused:

Yup that's Mason. Don't you remember him from his Deviled Ham commercials in the '70's?

I'm not trying to rip Dan a new one, just tryingto point out an unfortunate coincidence. :)

Another quick and often overlooked part of Koppen is that he extended his deal seemlessly the year before he became a FA. He could have made far more money elsewhere, but instead he made no gripes and simply accepted a sizable offer from the Pats to remain quiety the rock of our OLine.

Another quick and often overlooked part of Koppen is that he extended his deal seemlessly the year before he became a FA. He could have made far more money elsewhere, but instead he made no gripes and simply accepted a sizable offer from the Pats to remain quiety the rock of our OLine.

I remember sweating through that time, although I couldn't help but think that once you've had Tom Brady's hands under your butt, how could you want anyone else's???:D

IIRC, there was much gnashing of teeth that Koppen might opt out to go to Philly, his home town. Apparently he read that book by Thomas Wolfe.

I guess I trust dante and bb with regard to RT. We have Kaycur and O'Callaghan. And either Light or Britt could also move over. If we really had a need at RT, we would have drafted Joe Staley at #28 instead of trading the pick, wouldn't we?

Dan hardly ever gets mentioned on this board. Yet, he has been solid for us as the anchor of the OL.

Woody was hailed as one of the best centers to come out of college when we drafted him. He did do an excellent job for us. But when Woody left, Dan stepped in and gave us a seamless replacement for Woody. Some would say it was even an upgrade because Dan is flawless with the shotgun snap and Woody had problems with it.

The only position on the entire team that I'm concerned about is RT. Center is one of the positions that I'm least worried about because of Dan.

I thought if be good to give him his due here before the season starts and we take him for granted again

When it comes to Dan Koppen...

score.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back