PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Biolichick work their magic with draft day deals, I would be OK if the Pats were to take him with one of their early 2nd rounders the 'Masters of the draft war room' obtained.

I believe in the 06 season, PSU used a 3-4 System. In the 07 Season they switched to a 4-3 Scheme.

Connor has experience in both schemes and has the quickness to match up with some WR's and is instinctive.

There's a reason why PSU is aka Linebacker U.

I'd like to see the pats trade down in the 1st round, pick up some picks with the #7, and draft Connor.

The biggest thing with Connor is the instincts. You can't teach instincts. He has it, Poz had it also, maybe more so, and BB passed on him.

My thing with Conner is he has a very small and frail looking lower body and those type guys are always hurt.

The reserve MLB for USC this year was a guy named William Thomas. I would not be disappointed with BB if he took this guy in the seventh round, especially if this guy runs better than Lua. (another deal like with Cassell. It is no shame to say you backed up Ray Malulaugna.)

1) No! Conner is a bust in the making! There is NO WAY he can go from 230 to 245 with proper training and diet! I mean he is like 21 years old!!!!! Way past his prime to add size. I suspect he will go juice as soon as he turns pro to overcome the massive weight issue. I mean 15 lbs? The horror! The kid sucks! His frame is terrible!!!!

Just like that terrible player Tedy Bru! No way Conner can mature in to a great player! He just does not have the frame! His college production was a illusion!

2) Who is better then conner to take in the second round , and why?

Are we going on game speed , a nose for the ball , production and the ability to play football , or who has the best physical stats!?

1) Bruschi was a 245-250 lb. 4-3 DE at Arizona. He played 12-15 lbs. heavier than Connor. Big difference. However, at 6' 2-1/2 - 3", it's possible that Connor can naturally add 10-12 lbs. over the life of his rookie contract.

2) If Dan Connor is available at the end of the 2nd round, I would be very surprised. I would also pounce on him in a heartbeat, but not with the #7.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes