PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Connolly appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Koppen goes off injured late in the 2nd quarter in a tight game and Dan has to come in and face a pretty solid Dolphins DL.

In a position of Center that some say is the hardest of all to play,I think Connolly did an amazing job with getting the ball perfectly snapped to Brady all of the 2nd half and protecting the middle rush of the meat of the Dolphins line to keep Brady off the turf.

If Koppen is out for a week or two I think we should be fine

Runnerup appreciation to a player usually not on the field is the recently called up Kyle Arrington who had 2 ST tackles and a nice one late in the game when paired with Woods on a stop to keep Ginn from getting away.

The Browns were about to steal away Arrington,thus the reason to release Simmons and call Kyle up.

Kudos to both these guys!!

Last edited:
He got all his shotgun snaps to the QB, which is an improvement.

He sure did. I gave a shout out to him in the game thread. Not sure anyone noticed.

BB mentioned that Connolly was one of the most improved players on the team. He did a solid job today.

No love for Connolly's kick return for 16 yards after the first Miami field goal? He did pretty good there :eek:

Our depth is amazing, a back up center enters the game... and as fans no one noticed the difference... that is what makes our team the best.

Ah! That was Connolly on the KR -- missed it because of the calls of nature. ;) I'm happy to join the thread. Welcome to the NFL, sir.

Now we know why the Pats felt they could let Kendall Simmons go, why Russ Hochstein is breathing the fresh mountain air and why Billy Yates is sitting on the bench ready to prove Cleveland fans wrong when they thought things couldn't get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes