Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dan Brown's "Lost Symbol"...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Sep 23, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

Been devouring this book for the past couple of days.. really great read, mixes fiction with some very interesting facts about our Capitol and its symbolism.. most of which never knew before.. one of the most fascinating things is the Apotheosis of George Washington painted by Brumidi..

The book is intertwined with references to the architecture and design of the capitol... with a very healthy dose of Freemasonary... if you like this stuff, really good read.

The Apotheosis of Washington

2. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

From what I understand, it's the higher level Freemasons that are deceived to believer Lucifer is their master. I believe they are the 30-33 degree ones(with 33 the highest). The lower level Freemasons pretty much go to these Masonic lodges to hang out, and are pretty much unaware over what's really going on, as only a select few get chosen to these "elite" statuses.

FYI - BILLY GRAHAM is a 33rd Degree Mason, and I've read Obama is a 32nd Degree one. Color me surprised about Graham, especially with alot of anti-biblical comments he's made over the years(and has gotten away with them), and in some of his books, he will talk about his fellow Masons in a positive light.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

From my view, do not really understand Freemasonary that well, Brown speaks about this whole thing in a rather positive light, did not feel it was negative at all... a lot of the stuff he put out cross checked on the computer, and there seems to be some veracity to many of his claims.. the thing that was most interesting was the effect of Freemasonary on DC and many of its structures and how the symbolism is intertwined in so many parts of our institutions..

The number 33 is significant the year that Christ died, the year that Joseph became a father, according to the bible Christ performed 33 miracles... it is also significant in the Muslim religion as well..

Thought the Apotheosis thing was fascinating.. some other famous 33 degree freemasons reportedly include, but in reality no one really knows for sure...

Newt Gingrich,Bob Dole, Jack Kemp, Storm Thurmond, Colin Powell, Jesse Helms,Barry Goldwater,Al Gore,George Washington, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, James Polk, James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, James Garfield, William McKinley, Theodore Roosevelt, William Taft, Warren Harding, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Lyndon Johnson, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan and George Bush, J. Edgar Hoover, Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakhan, Billy Graham, Oral Roberts, Norman Vincent Peale etc. It is a very diverse group.. I do, however, doubt that all of these folks have been decieved and believe that "Lucifer is their Master".

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009