PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Damon Huard anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He knows the system. BB used to praise him for his work in practice. He'd be a nice vet to go alongside O'Connel. As much as I love any player that once wore Michigan blue, I'm not a big Gutz fan. So, why not bring Huard in for at least some competition?

I would if he understands he is not a starter anymore, but he could also head to Denver as well.. Huard is a perfect back up, but It will be fun to see what we got in O Connell, who some say has a lot of talent..

He knows the system. BB used to praise him for his work in practice. He'd be a nice vet to go alongside O'Connel. As much as I love any player that once wore Michigan blue, I'm not a big Gutz fan. So, why not bring Huard in for at least some competition?

I think Gutz could run the system well, assuming his shoulder is 100%. I don't know if it is or not. I'd think we could trust O'Connell or Gutz if Brady were to go down, but wouldn't be opposed to bringing Huard in on the ultra-cheap if BB thought otherwise. Gutz was one of the better fundamental QBs I'd ever seen before his injury and is another natural leader. While injured and left to hold kicks as Henne started ahead of him, Gutz was still the unquestioned leader of the team. That is impressive.

No thanks. The junior QB's should be schooled by our GOAT QB whilst he is on the roster.

After last season, with the way Cassel was brought along and developed, I see no need for veteran QB's at the Patriots unless completely necessary.

Not sure about Huard now, but just thought back to 2001 when we had Brady, Bledsoe, AND Huard when he was a damn solid QB. Aside from Montana-Young-Bono you can't find a better set of QB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back