Damn you guys are good...

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Well, for anyone that missed my story, I was born in Mass. but raised in Florida. I grew up in a football-first family so it's not a suprise that I root for the Pats. After the 2003 season, I started to watch basketball to kill time during the long offseason and, naturally, the majority of the games that came on down here were Heat games. Coincidentally, that was D-Wade's rookie season and I fell in love with the way the guy played so I became a Heat fan.

Well, tonight, I thought we were going to destroy you guys considering the amount of bodies out tonight for the Celts. As I speak, we are leading by 11 going into the 4th but it's been a hotly contested game. You guys are getting so many offensive boards that I couldn't imagine what it would be like if KG were playing as well. However, even without KG and your quarterback (Rondo) in, you guys are hanging tough. Much respect for the Celts. Based on this effort and the kind of effort you guys have been giving despite the injuries, I don't see any reason why you guys should not repeat for a championship. Just too much talent out there.

Speaking of talent -- WTF is going on with Marbury in this game? He's as cold as ice.

Aaaaand we just blew an 11 point lead. :mad: That Jermaine O'Neal technical really lit a fire under your asses. Looks like a good finish is coming.

Chance for revenge tonight. Who is going to be watching? Any predictions?

no garnett- tony allen- brian scallabrenne -leon powe . am i missing anybody? not much of a game.

Last edited:
no garnett- tony allen- brian scallabrenne -big baby -leon powe . am i missing anybody? not much of a game.

You did. Ray Allen is out. D-Wade is out for us as well.

Very entertaining game, hopefully we can put it away here.

captain insano, what were you saying about this game earlier? LOL. Damn good game so far. Paul Pierce just scared the hell out of me. It's time for overtime.

captain insano, what were you saying about this game earlier? LOL. Damn good game so far. Paul Pierce just scared the hell out of me. It's time for overtime.
i didn't say it wouldn't be a entertaining game. i just meant that most of the celtics were on the sidelines so it lost some of its meaning . i dont know what im trying to say. it just sucks that most of the celtics are hurt. its disappointing. if they arent close to full strength soon. the celtics arent going anywhere.

Good game last night. We really missed having Captain Clutch in overtime and it hurt us. Overall, though, I was impressed with the way the rest of the team played. Very impressed. Hopefully we can meet again in the playoffs. :D

Personally - I grew up being basketball/baseball fans at the same time as growing up a football fan.

However - in recent years, unlike my early years, I wouldn't keep up with either bb passionately until the end of the year/playoffs, b/c quite simply, there's just TOO many games throughout the course of the year to keep up with.

You just can't judge ANY team in either bb sport after the first month or 2, especially in baseball.

With that being said - even though I was in Dallas when I started being a sports fan, while the Cowboys naturally became my favorite NFL team and Rangers my favorite MLB team, oddly, the Pistons(NOT the Mavs) became my favorite NBA team. I also like the Cavs too b/c alot of my relatives are from there.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back