Welcome to PatsFans.com

Damn the scorers of the Broncos/Pats game!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by brdmaverick, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brdmaverick

brdmaverick In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

Did anyone else notice that Ben Watson's stats have been adjusted from Sunday's game.

Originally it was reported on all the websites and on the sports highlight shows that Ben Watson made 6 catches for 66 yards. Now his stats read as 5 catches for 54 yards.

Big Deal, right? Wrong!

Because of the mistake I thought I won my fantasy matchup as I was beat my opponent 114.10 to 112.5. After the scoring change my score was adjusted to 111.8 thus giving me the loss. (my league awards a point per catch and .1 for every receiving yard). Thus I have had my first win snatched away from me.

My team is now 0-3 when I thought I was 1-2 and it makes it the second straight week that I lost BY LESS THAN ONE POINT! how crazy is that.

After reviewing the game tape it, I see that Ben Watson only did catch five passes. Apparently a 12 yard reception by Daniel Graham was awarded to Ben Watson instead of Graham.

The scorers of the Broncos/Pats game gave me short lived joy over my first fantasy football victory of the year.

Well, I know it's only fantasy football, but I figured this story might give you guys a good laugh.

2. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Please use an FF: in your header to protect those of us who don't have an interest in football fantasy - thanks!

3. BradyManny

BradyManny Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +101 / 4 / -0

That is pretty funny - I was wondering if this happened. My team got dominated this week (didn't help I refused to play Tatum Bell b/c he was playing the Pats).

4. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

I hate when that happens....

5. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

This was covered at length in the footballguys.com forums and you weren't the only one who lost a game thanks to that scoring change. That forum is a good place to verify scoring changes and will save you the effort of rewatching tape yourself...unless you want to (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Regards,
    Chris

6. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.