PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Damn, I sure hope Williams falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyredeemer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have been watching highlight videos of Deangelo Williams, and boy is that guy great when he totes the rock. I was very much against the pats draftin a RB in the 1st for a while there, but he just looks like he would be a great fit for our O. In the highlights he'd be outrunning everyone fullspeed then slow down and patiently follow his blockers befor jettin to the endzone. Reminded me alot of a poor mans Barry Sanders. I think it would be alot easier for us to fill most of the holes we have through later rounds of the draft and FA, but to pick up a guy this fast, smart, and threatining would really pick up the slack for Tom. He could sit and learn fRom Dillon, and be a good change of pace back to give Coreys old legs a rest. If he fell to us, I'd like to see it happen. Anyone else?
javascript:window.open('http://www.ocsn.com/media_server/play.smil?school=mem&media_type=video&content=http://mfile.akamai.com/16410/wmv/mlbcs.download.akamai.com/16410/open/mem/2005/mfb/video/archive10/101305_feat_uteptd.asx','VideoBroadcastMediaPlayer','toolbar=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=no,width=468,height=420');void('');

Looks alot like Faulk to me...

He has great stats but they guy looks tiny. I dont see him wearing down any defense whatsoever.

Last edited:
You're right about his size. He is 5'8" but I believe he showed up at the combine weighing 217 lbs. Just an example of some nfl size deficient backs.

T. Barber-5'10" 200lbs.
C. Portis-5'11' 212lbs.
W. Dunn-5'9" 180lbs.

Just to throw a few out there. I don't know what is more important to success as a back though. Height or weight. I would have to say weight, IMO.

BB would love to have Deangelo Williams. Puts pressure on any defense any time he's on the field. Fast, shifty, strong, can catch the ball. KR's, PR's...... I would love to see him drafted by us. I just don't think they'll go offense at 21. :rocker:

yes deangelo is short
but he is NASTY
ppl liken him to emmit smith, and while i dont like to do the comparison thing, this guy is gonna be one heck of an nfl rb
and he could be there at 21

Just to add to the thread. PFT is reporting that Deangelo was just clocked in at running the 40 in 4.38 at his proday workout. I gues the running surface and weather were bad too. Possibly bumped him too far out of our range??

woah..thats incorrect. he offically ran a 4.40 and 4.45 or something

Again..I see him as K Faulk pt. 2

40 time---4.40(wind aided), 4.48(against the wind)
Short Shuttle: 4.10
3 cone: 6.57
Long Shuttle: 10.61
Veritcal Jump: 34 1/2"
Long Jump: 10'9"

Williams improves his stock
Memphis running back DeAngelo Williams (5-9, 207) had an exceptional workout. At his school's Pro Day on March 24, he ran his 40s in 4.40 seconds (with the wind) and 4.48 (against). He was wearing nubs, and he ran outdoors on a rubber track. He also ran the short shuttle in 4.10, the three-cone drill in 6.57 and the long shuttle in 10.61. In addition, he had a 34½-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-9 broad jump. He caught the ball well during positional drills.

NFL.com

Last edited:
It was interesting to watch one of those videos - the one which dealt with the off-field aspects of DeAngelo. It gave a very interesting insight into the fear of injury he harboured whilst playing his final year, and the relationships he developed with (some) of his teammates.

PhilD said:
It was interesting to watch one of those videos - the one which dealt with the off-field aspects of DeAngelo. It gave a very interesting insight into the fear of injury he harboured whilst playing his final year, and the relationships he developed with (some) of his teammates.

yeah, i like that video too. He seems like a really high character guy who only plays football cuz he loves the game. I don't see him a faulk part too. He seems more electric and mor powerful to me as well. As far as the contradictory reports on his 40 time, i really don't care. The kids a baler. I was just wondering if those 40 times would put him out of our range.

holyredeemer said:
yeah, i like that video too. He seems like a really high character guy who only plays football cuz he loves the game. I don't see him a faulk part too. He seems more electric and mor powerful to me as well. As far as the contradictory reports on his 40 time, i really don't care. The kids a baler. I was just wondering if those 40 times would put him out of our range.
I hear you but I recommend this: Go back and look at video of Faulk in college...he was absolutely nasty. Looks very very similar to Williams IMO. Coming out Faulk looked like a stud and while he has been very good...never a primary back.

KDPpatsfan said:
I hear you but I recommend this: Go back and look at video of Faulk in college...he was absolutely nasty. Looks very very similar to Williams IMO. Coming out Faulk looked like a stud and while he has been very good...never a primary back.

I tried to find some stuff on faul in college, but i couldnt find anything. Know where I can find some?

Last edited:
I'd still prefer (and think it's more likely) that BB goes LB in the first round - hopefully Bobby Carpenter, who has been working out with Vrabel, and seems like a great fit. He'll be a late first round pick, so the Pats could trade down a few picks and still get him.

For RB, I'd be more interested in one in the 2nd or 3rd round - Addai, Brian Calhoun (some nice videos of him on that site too), or Jerrius Norwood later on in the draft (he has better size than the others, and great speed - but not as much experience). Norwood could turn out to be a steal. Or a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes