Welcome to PatsFans.com

Damn, I Hate Liberalism

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BelichickFan, Nov 1, 2009.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Latest example. Thankfully I don't think it applies to me but it still sucks.

CA has mandated recycling, if a city doesn't comply it gets monster fines. So the city I live in (thankfully I'm just outside the city limit which is why I don't think it applies to me) now has this :

Mandatory recycling bins in addition to trash. There is now a $30 a month charge OVER what we pay for trash. $360 a year. Of course the recyclables you put in generally have CRV value which you lose.

So . . . you have to pay $360 a year. If you actually use it and put your recyclables in then you also lose all the CRV value. If you redeem the CRV value yourself then your $360 a year recycle bins just sit empty.

That's the latest example of why I hate the "I know better than you" Liberals. F*ck you Nancy. F*ck you Barbara. F*ck you Diane.

Although I wouldn't like this, a far better solution would be to have the CRV much higher so you'd have no choice but to recycle but it would be a no cost once you did.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Did Nancy, Barbara and Diane make the decision for your locality??? Thought these decisions were made on a state and local level??
  3. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Those three b!tches have a lot of say here in CA, I don't know who made the actual mandate, but cities face million+ dollar fines if they don't comply.

I picked them as examples, I hate all know everything liberals.
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

To me it sounds like that charge has more to do with the state of California's economy. It sounds like local government is trying to find new ways to raise money. When liberals and conservatives refuse to compromise you end up with a disaster. Both sides are equally at fault.
  5. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

No, there is no (or little) money the city will make, it's the collecting company that's making money - unless there's some kind of kickback to the city but there's no reason to believe that's the case.

It's just the latest example of liberals thinking they know better and mandating crap that costs everyone money. I guess a few people will get jobs out of it, meanwhile every resident in the city (and mostly the state) will have $30 less to spend every month.
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Only a liberal could try to find a way to blame California's problems on Conservatives. Because there are just so many Conservatives in power out there, right? They practically own the state! :rolleyes:
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

My father in law lives on social security, he never buys a single recylable item - well, maybe a few a year but basically none. His recycle bin will be empty forever and he "gets" to pay $360 a year for this little scheme. It's craziness. If I were him I think I just wouldn't pay. There are fines in the hundreds of dollars but I wouldn't pay them either. What are they gonna do, throw an 82 year old in jail for not paying his recycle fee ? ****ers.
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In California? You're darn right they would. He could smoke all the marijuana and do all the cocaine he wants, vandalize Hummer dealerships, throw paint at U.S Marines and it's all cool, but if he refused to go along with a recycling program then they would throw the book at him.
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

LOL, you're right. What was I thinking :bricks:
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Conservatives have consistently blocked tax increases. If you're going to improve the state by making safer schools, protecting the environment, and taking care of the hungry, you have to find a way to pay for it. If you've read anything about CA's current problems, they are in large part because of conservative unwillingness to pay for things.

The same is true for our national deficit. Conservatives were all for the massive deficit spending by Bush and Reagan, but opposed paying for things. Now that we have a more liberal government, we're continuing to spend, but we'll like see some tax increases on the wealth along the way. Conservatives are simply irresponsible.
  11. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What you are really saying is that you hate people being responsible for the wastes generated by unfettered capitalism. You hate responsibility. But you blame the liberals. Blinders.
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

meanwhile, your state is going bankrupt due to con man greed (Enron, friends of Boy King), and under the watch of a con man (actor) governor.

you keep blaming it all on recycling laws though. THAT'S the problem. :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

No I am not. My wife and I have a recycle bin and recycle. What I am saying is there are FAR better ways of enforcing it (like higher CRV value) than forcing everyone to pay $30 and for that $30 you get either 1) no service if you recycle your own stuff or 2) the loss of your CRV value if you don't recycle.

It's f*cked up and indefensible.
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I am not blaming all the state's problems on this, I am saying this is f*cked up. And CA's problems aren't because of Conservatives. We are an example of what happens with a Democrat government self imploding under it's own weight.
  15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +363 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

He's a RINO but apart from that, CA has a very weak governor (not the person, the position) and the legislature has been run by liberal whackos for a long time. Our spending is totally out of control.

But that's a separate issue - why should people who recycle have to pay $30 a month for an empty container ?
  17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

California is an overwhelming liberal state, and you know it. And it has been that way for decades. To blame Conservatives is just laughable.
    I used to consider this a very legitimate criticism of Republican Presidents, who were responsible for something like 98% of our national debt - at least until Obama came along. But now the left has lost whatever moral authority they may have once had when it came to discussing fiscal responsibility. Obama's reckless spending makes me wish we had somone with the financial responsibility and wisdom of Antoine Walker in charge.
  18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

I thought most of California's problems were due to that Prop system, where they cannot raise taxes... thus they have to be creative in meeting their budgetary needs, wasn't prop 13 essentially a right wing creation??

The second issue is California's gargantuan prison system, which started with Rockefeller in NY and spread west the famous "three strikes rule"... talk about unintended consequences, huge population, cannot get rid of aging inmates.. and tons of pensions as it is so labor intensive.. this law is a lot responsible for the overcrowding situation and monumental logjam.
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

CA has a spending problem not an income problem. We have massive taxes, our property tax increases are limited (not zero). CA has the 9th highest per capita income per resident. State revenues are not the problem.
  20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +354 / 1 / -9

...Get Fox...
    ...Get Beck...
    ...One Piece Of Toilet Paper Per Person...
    ...Kill Fat People...