PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

d%#*!@t ... Wayne Hunter loses his starter role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. This is the coach who will talk up Aaron Maybin like he's Reggie White. If he says he's "ok", the guy must not have any legs.

C'mon, Maybin has been an absolute stud this preseason. And when I say absolute stud, I mean he can't get in the same area code as the opposing QB even against the third stringers.

Funny, how Maybin looked so great in practice going up against... You guest it - Wayne Hunter.

They did that a couple of times but apparently none of those guys showed any inclination to be upgrades. MacNeil retired after his workout with the JETS. They are down to hoping against hope that some team with an excess tackle who is still breathing can't find a trading partner and cuts him and no one snags him on waivers and they can "land" him and crow about how they have fixed everything and fans can get back to touting Tannenbaum's genius and Rex's charisma. Tanny has already alerted Jetsfans to be on the alert Labor Day Weekend because it's going to be a second coming of draft day for them...LOL

And if Vollmer is injured again, aren't we in the same boat? Or do you relish the thought of Cannon or Kopa starting at ROT this season?

And if Vollmer is injured again, aren't we in the same boat? Or do you relish the thought of Cannon or Kopa starting at ROT this season?

Over Wayne Hunter.

I'm blissfully happy.

They did that a couple of times but apparently none of those guys showed any inclination to be upgrades. MacNeil retired after his workout with the JETS. They are down to hoping against hope that some team with an excess tackle who is still breathing can't find a trading partner and cuts him and no one snags him on waivers and they can "land" him and crow about how they have fixed everything and fans can get back to touting Tannenbaum's genius and Rex's charisma. Tanny has already alerted Jetsfans to be on the alert Labor Day Weekend because it's going to be a second coming of draft day for them...LOL

Hopefully THIS time the players will be better than what they usually get on draft day. :D

As bad as Cannon was, he is no Hunter. Besides, I would assume that both Cannon and Solder would play significantly better with Waters, Mankins, and Connolly (at center) than the motley crew of guards and centers that have been trotted out there the first two games.

BTW, with a $2.4 million guaranteed salary, Hunter may be the highest paid back up RT in the league.

BTW, with a $2.4 million guaranteed salary, Hunter may be the highest paid back up RT in the league.

Maybe they'll just admit their mistake and cut him; like the Pats would.

Yeah right!

Yeah, but he can step right into the starting role. ;)

"I get paid millions and I'm the absolute worst at what I do"
11031766-large.jpg

Looks like this went guy went from a fan of Hunter ...

*puts on sunglasses*

... to a victim of one.

YEEEEEAAAAHHH!!!

Oh God.... please, the bad jokes...when will they end!

And who told you you could take my job?:p

Maybe they'll just admit their mistake and cut him; like the Pats would.

Yeah right!

Well, the question is whether they need the roster spot. It is going to cost them $2.4 million no matter whether they keep him or not.

Well, the question is whether they need the roster spot. It is going to cost them $2.4 million no matter whether they keep him or not.

Exactly: $2.4 million is a sunk cost, and shouldn't factor into the decision to cut or keep him. All that matters is:

a) can they replace his spot with someone better? and
b) is he worth less than the money that they'd save by cutting him?

If the answer to both of those questions is yes, then cut him. If the answer to both is no, then keep him.

Last edited:

Good point - our backup, at a position where we lack depth, is only marginally better than their starter. Somehow this reflects poorly on the Patriots (?)

Last edited:
Looks like this went guy went from a fan of Hunter ...

*puts on sunglasses*

... to a victim of one.

YEEEEEAAAAHHH!!!

I hope people get that joke, because that's damn funny! :rocker:

Seriously. This is the coach who will talk up Aaron Maybin like he's Reggie White. If he says he's "ok", the guy must not have any legs.

I heard from Rex that the new RT DOES have legs and pretty looking toes on the end of them. :eek:

Please, please, put things in perspective as I know you can do, OJ. The Jets have given up eleven, 11, one more than 10, one less than 12, sacks in only two games.

By comparison, the Pats have given up three sacks, en total, one of which was to a LB blitz, not picked up fully or correctly by the assigned RB, Vareen. So that one doesn't even count.

Have the Pats sub o-linmen yielded pressures? Sure, certainly. But its not the same thing at all, no where near the same dimension of problem.

I've just seen Howard described as Guard-like during practise. Hopefully he plays like that in game.

"Guard-like." As in standing at attention, guard-like? As in 75-year-old lady crossing guard-like? As in sitting in a booth watching a black and white 13"-TV security guard-like? As in stationary metal fence breakdown lane guard rail guard-like? Or as in he helps his quarterback get up off the turf guard-like?

Last edited:
Another year of Dustin Keller (one of the better receiving TEs in the league) inline blocking on the right side all season

I get the feeling it's going to be a great season for the 2012 Jets...as long as you are not a fan of them...:bricks:

I'm gonna miss that guy out there!! :cry2:

Then again, this has been a long time coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes