PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

d%#*!@t ... Wayne Hunter loses his starter role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixit

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Per a bunch of places.

Replaced by a guy who spent most of career on the practice squad and didn't actually earn the job (Hunter lost the job). Yes, a speed bump is an upgrade over Hunter, but RT is still a problem for the Jets.

Can't imagine that JAG replacement is much better.

Hunter's been awful, but this still seems dumb. They didn't plan ahead and have a replacement at the ready, now if they go back to him his confidence will be that much more non-existent.

Makes you appreciate Belichick, doesn't it? What possible benefit can there be for a head coach announcing that he is benching a starter? People can see it with their own eyes on game day, but why talk about it?

Replaced by a guy who spent most of career on the practice squad and didn't actually earn the job (Hunter lost the job). Yes, a speed bump is an upgrade over Hunter, but RT is still a problem for the Jets.

Andrew Brandt nailed it.

Andrew Brandt‏@adbrandt

Rex Ryan on right tackle situation: "I'm thinking we're OK." Translation: "We're screwed."

Does this mean the Jets made another spending blunder??

Hunter's been awful, but this still seems dumb. They didn't plan ahead and have a replacement at the ready, now if they go back to him his confidence will be that much more non-existent.

Depends on the guy. I got booted aside by a new CEO once only to have him ask me to take back a bigger #2 role 6 months later. Comebacks are sweet.

Last edited:
Andrew Brandt nailed it.

Andrew Brandt‏@adbrandt

Rex Ryan on right tackle situation: "I'm thinking we're OK." Translation: "We're screwed."

Seriously. This is the coach who will talk up Aaron Maybin like he's Reggie White. If he says he's "ok", the guy must not have any legs.

Andrew Brandt nailed it.

Andrew Brandt‏@adbrandt

There go the Jets. Thinking too much again.

I'll miss watching him get beat right off the snap of the ball. Oh well. I doubt this practice squadder is much better.

On the plus side, if Howard stinks up the joint, it'll make Jets fans' depression that much sweeter.

There go the Jets. Thinking too much again.

Their problem is exacerbated by their need to think out loud.

There is an old arabian proverb that cites three things that can't be taken back. One is the spoken word... They should have a guard posted on the Jets OL coach's office...

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

Dave DeGuglielmo on Wayne Hunter (in May): "Until they shoot me dead in my office, that son of a gun is going to be the starting RT"

so, I take it Dave Guglielmo is now a homicide?

Their problem is exacerbated by their need to think out loud.

There is an old arabian proverb that cites three things that can't be taken back. One is the spoken word... They should have a guard posted on the Jets OL coach's office...

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

Dave DeGuglielmo on Wayne Hunter (in May): "Until they shoot me dead in my office, that son of a gun is going to be the starting RT"

I'm sure homicide is on the scene....

I've just seen Howard described as Guard-like during practise. Hopefully he plays like that in game.

I'm sure homicide is on the scene....

Looks like this went guy went from a fan of Hunter ...

*puts on sunglasses*

... to a victim of one.

YEEEEEAAAAHHH!!!

Depends on the guy. I got booted aside by a new CEO once only to have him ask me to take back a bigger #2 role 6 months later. Comebacks are sweet.

Fair enough (and kudos to you). But I'm guessing you weren't screwing up then the new guy screwed up worse so they went back to you, right?

This guy had the whole offseason and training camp to beat out Hunter, and he couldn't do it, correct? If that's the case, then he must suck pretty badly. I'd be worried that they might have improved if they'd actually brought in someone new to address the need.

Last edited:
This guy had the whole offseason and training camp to beat out Hunter, and he couldn't do it, correct? If that's the case, then he must suck pretty badly. I'd be worried that they might have improved if they'd actually brought in someone new to address the need.

They did that a couple of times but apparently none of those guys showed any inclination to be upgrades. MacNeil retired after his workout with the JETS. They are down to hoping against hope that some team with an excess tackle who is still breathing can't find a trading partner and cuts him and no one snags him on waivers and they can "land" him and crow about how they have fixed everything and fans can get back to touting Tannenbaum's genius and Rex's charisma. Tanny has already alerted Jetsfans to be on the alert Labor Day Weekend because it's going to be a second coming of draft day for them...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes