PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Damien Woody: "The 2009 Jets have more talent than the 2001 Patriots"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fast fact: 8 of the 11 starting offensive players for the Jets are first round picks.

Only 3 are Brandon Moore (Undrafted), Tony Richardson (Undrafted), Cotchery (4th round).

Another fast fact: Of the 13 teams the Chargers have beaten this season, only 3 of them ended up above .500.

Dallas (20 - 17), who was still mired in a "Will-they-win-in-December" slump.
The Eagles (31-23), who didn't beat any team above .500.
The Bengals (27-24), who played them tough.

Just pointing things out. I think the Jets have a 51-49 chance.

Fast fact: 8 of the 11 starting offensive players for the Jets are first round picks.

Only 3 are Brandon Moore (Undrafted), Tony Richardson (Undrafted), Cotchery (4th round).

Another fast fact: Of the 13 teams the Chargers have beaten this season, only 3 of them ended up above .500.

"I think Rexy has a 80-20 chance of eating himself to death."

There, fixed it.

Last edited:

Fast fact: the '01 Pats didn't need anyone to lay down during the last two weeks of the regular season to make the playoffs.

Fast fact: the '01 Pats didn't need anyone to lay down during the last two weeks of the regular season to make the playoffs.
I don't like this theory because the Jets still had to beat Cinci and the Colts.

So if Brett Favre would have had a super game in week 16 last year and NE won the division what would have been the difference?

jets really only beat 2 winning teams (during the reg season - texans and pats) their last two games of the season were completely gift-wrapped

plus we absolutely killed you guys last season when you were a 9-7 team then too, with a better qb....

your ground game is great, but that's about it on offense

indy gave you a golden ticket, and i do believe sunday augustus gloop (rex ryan) will fall into the choclate river, i'm sorry

but i do like the jets, if they can get a legit passing game they can be a dynasty IMO

Last edited:
I don't like this theory because the Jets still had to beat Cinci and the Colts.
that's like being ******ed and needing to win a gun draw against billy the kid, and someone's reloading the ******s gun while another person has tied billy's hands behind his back

Last edited:

oh and your sig is a bit inaccurate too...sanzhez finished 2009 with 12 tds, 20 ints, 2444 yards and a 63 qb rating (ouch)

So if Brett Favre would have had a super game in week 16 last year and NE won the division what would have been the difference?
Not quite sure I get what you're saying.

The discussion is about the talent level of the 14-5 2001 NE Patriots and the (thus far) 9-7 2009 NY Jets. But yeah, the '08 Pats would have made the playoffs if Favre had a great game. Not sure how that compares since it didn't involve us directly.

It's my contention that a team that easily would have gone 8-8 if Indy hadn't pulled the plug, and perhaps 7-9 if Cincy was healthy, is not "more talented" than the team that won the SB in '01.... Silly me...

jets really only beat 2 winning teams (during the reg season - texans and pats) their last two games of the season were completely gift-wrapped

plus we absolutely killed you guys last season when you were a 9-7 team then too, with a better qb....

your ground game is great, but that's about it on offense

indy gave you a golden ticket, and i do believe sunday augustus gloop (rex ryan) will fall into the choclate river, i'm sorry

but i do like the jets, if they can get a legit passing game they can be a dynasty IMO

How come you don't count the Bengals playoff game as a quality win?

oh and your sig is a bit inaccurate too...sanzhez finished 2009 with 12 tds, 20 ints, 2444 yards and a 63 qb rating (ouch)

Somebody eye'd my profile. Nice to meet you too. And no, it's not sarcasm.

By the way, what were Tom Brady's rookie stats? Oh that's right!! He sat and learned the offense didn't he?

Give the rookie a break.

Somebody eye'd my profile. Nice to meet you too. And no, it's not sarcasm.

By the way, what were Tom Brady's rookie stats? Oh that's right!! He sat and learned the offense didn't he?

Give the rookie a break.
i like sanchez, just pointing out the difference

How come you don't count the Bengals playoff game as a quality win?
oh i do, i was talking regular season lol

the jets beating cincy last week was very quality, i consider any playoff win a quality win

Let me start this off by saying that I was initially going to say, "Hell yeah, we sucked in 2001." Then I thought about who we had.

The 2001 Pats were new to the show. Very few were established, but there wasn't anyone who was terrible on that team, and several members of that team turned out to be darn good players which everyone started to notice toward the end of the season.

I think the Jets are just more eccentric from top to bottom. Their all blitz all the time D, mouthy coach, and pretty boy QB get more adoring press than the team full of players who no one knew the names of, the goofy, string bean QB, and the coach who hated everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes