PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dallas Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the nice feedback, everyone. For those that praised my writing, thanks, it means alot to me. Sometimes I feel like a frustrated writer posing as a businessman. What a sellout!

I forgot to applaud you for your work. Well done.

I've been to Dallas and that's a driving City. You are better than me when you chose to walk to the game!

I've also been to Texas Stadium. That place is a dump.

"In Texas people are so lazy that even mascots don't walk!"

ROFL! I was drinking a glass of soda when I read that and now it's on my screen.

Dallas: come visit a city of real lazy ugly people who live in soulless slabs of concrete.

"In Texas people are so lazy that even mascots don't walk!"

ROFL! I was drinking a glass of soda when I read that and now it's on my screen.

Dallas: come visit a city of real lazy ugly people who live in soulless slabs of concrete.

OK folks, enough of the piling on. My bro lived there (actually, Irving - - near the Stadium) for a couple of years in the 1990's and you can count him as one "Bahstonian" who liked it fine.

The people weren't ugly or lazy at all, but you may be onto something with the architecture.

pj...i think you're judging dall-ass too harshly. it's actually a very nice, sophisticated town. i go there on bizness about once a month and there are some great restaurants and places to hang.

as for the stadium, how quickly we forget how awful our old digs were. when they open the new one, we'll all be jealous.

glad you had a good time and thx for the pics...

Here are a few more pics!:

End of the game, only Pats fans remaining

Patjew...that second shot looks to be a good amount of people....was there really that many Pats fans in the stadium? If so...two thumbs up for Patriot Nation!

Texas girls have it all over Northeast women. They’re hot , they’re friendly….and they have those sexy Texas drawls.

Last edited:
Patjew...that second shot looks to be a good amount of people....was there really that many Pats fans in the stadium? If so...two thumbs up for Patriot Nation!
I'd guestimate as many as 10,000 Pats fans there. Of course some of the fans at the end were Cowboys fans, but many/most were Pats fans.

Texas girls have it all over Northeast women. They’re hot , they’re friendly….and they have those sexy Texas drawls.

You make some fine points.

I asked the woman at the front desk the best way to walk to the stadium and she looked at me like I had horns.

I was living in NYC, the walkingest city in the U.S., when I made a series of business trips to Dallas. It freaked me out. One time I was staying at a large hotel directly across the street from a mall, and I noticed a sign for shuttle service to the mall. Shuttle service? WTH? The mall was literally across the street! So I walk out the front door, head to an intersection with a stoplight and...head back to the hotel to wait for a shuttle.

There are no crosswalks. No walk lights. A row of businesses including a 300-room hotel on one side of the street, a huge mall on the other, and the city of Dallas has literally prohibited walking. It's not just the culture, it's the law!

I saw some ugly women in Dallas, but the 37 Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders were outstanding. I was very impressed with their, um, routines, and had to give them a, um, salute.

I'm afraid to ask what kind of "salute" :eek:

Great stuff, Patjew. I admired the writing, and I write for a living (such as it is). But the whole thread really makes me feel that we have a pretty great community here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back