PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dallas showed me more than I expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoostation

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was actually impressed with the way Dallas hung in there today. And though a couple of questionable calls kept some drives alive for them… I think they have to be considered the front runner in the NFC. I truly thought the Patriots were going to blow them out from the starting gun. I was shocked when Dallas had the lead in the 3rd quarter, even though that was largely because our #1 and #2 running backs were out. Anyway….another one bites the dust. Enjoy your popcorn Owens! Go Pats!

Agree with this, for the most part. Dallas was scrappier on defense than what I've seen in the past, in particular. I realize that the Pats laid 48 on them, so that sounds ******ed, but it's true.

Yea... They played with a "toughness" that I didn't know they had. I'd have to say they are the best team we've played thus far. Owens is overrated...I wanted Randy's almost catch was a thing of beauty. Take notes TO!

If we don't give them a free "7" I think would have been over earlier.

The Cowboys looked like the best team in the NFC. I also agree that the Dallas defense played well despite giving up 48. They made the Pats earn their points by forcing them to convert a lot of third downs. I look for Dallas to go 13-3, lock up home field and go to the superbowl. Henry should come back soon and if Terry Glenn comes back, will provide a big boost in their passing game.

Last edited:
Dallas was as good as I thought they'd be...good enough to hang in for 40 minutes.

If we don't give them a free "7" I think would have been over earlier.

That's part of the game - this game was a lot closer than the final score, that's for sure...

And looking at the box score I was amazed that TO had only 6 catches averaging 11 yards.

All those catches seemed to come at big times... and Romo's definately got the potential to make it into the upper tier of QBs.

Nothing tonight changes the fact that Dallas is still the NFC favorite for the Super Bowl (it just changes what the likely pointspread of the expected Super Bowl opponents would be!)

I think Dallas peaked tonight -- Romo's flaws minimized; TO's impactfulness isolated.

I believe they'll go .500 the rest of the season and be among the top 4 in the NFC

Man, those safeties lay the wood. But they were nowhere to be found in pass coverage.

They really remind me of that Eagles team in '04, with Romo as McNabb, Derrick Burgess as Demarcus Ware and Michael Lewis as Roy Williams, and TO as himself. They're tough, but the SB champion will be determined in Foxboro this year.

I was actually impressed with the way Dallas hung in there today. And though a couple of questionable calls kept some drives alive for them… I think they have to be considered the front runner in the NFC. I truly thought the Patriots were going to blow them out from the starting gun. I was shocked when Dallas had the lead in the 3rd quarter, even though that was largely because our #1 and #2 running backs were out. Anyway….another one bites the dust. Enjoy your popcorn Owens! Go Pats!

i thought the cowboy players were saying a few calls went against them...

i thought the cowboy players were saying a few calls went against them...

Please-cut us some slack, we lost, will ya? j/k

Seriously-Congrats on your win-I thought you guys looked outstanding today. And congrats too on making excellent offseason moves-they're definitely playing off.

BTW-do me a favor and beat the Skins and Eagles in coming week, OK?

I was impressed by Marion Barber part 3 and the pass rush. They did to Brady what I had expected the Chargers to do a month ago (in retrospect I'm not sure why, they didn't really get in his face much in the divisional game did they?).

Romo is pretty elusive in the pocket but I do not think he is the most accurate thrower on earth.

Some of their decisions were pretty odd though. Why not go for it on 4th and at worst have the Pats backed up near their goal line without much of a running game going on?

Either way they're good, but they're not AFC good.

They are who we thought they were is all I can say. I never really thought they would beat us.
As long as the defense can play GOOD and we have some kind of running game; who will stop us from hanging 35+?

I was impressed early on ... but any coach who thinks he can blitz an entire game is nuts ... the San Diego game last year proved that. With an injured maroney, I would have played in the nickle and dime all day and force us to run. they still would have lost but they may have stayed in the game because their "D" would have lasted 4 quaters.

What the Cowboys showed me was a complete lack of discipline. You can't compete at the highest level and have that many penalties. It's no wonder Parcells quit.

BTW-do me a favor and beat the Skins and Eagles in coming week, OK?

Count on it!

Anyhow, this game came out exactly how I expected -- a big margin on the scoreboard, but nonetheless a feeling that it was NOT an easy victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back