Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dallas showed me more than I expected

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by zoostation, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoostation

zoostation Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I was actually impressed with the way Dallas hung in there today. And though a couple of questionable calls kept some drives alive for them… I think they have to be considered the front runner in the NFC. I truly thought the Patriots were going to blow them out from the starting gun. I was shocked when Dallas had the lead in the 3rd quarter, even though that was largely because our #1 and #2 running backs were out. Anyway….another one bites the dust. Enjoy your popcorn Owens! Go Pats!
  2. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Agree with this, for the most part. Dallas was scrappier on defense than what I've seen in the past, in particular. I realize that the Pats laid 48 on them, so that sounds retarded, but it's true.
  3. zoostation

zoostation Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yea... They played with a "toughness" that I didn't know they had. I'd have to say they are the best team we've played thus far. Owens is overrated...I wanted Randy's almost catch was a thing of beauty. Take notes TO!
  4. carolinatony

carolinatony Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If we don't give them a free "7" I think would have been over earlier.
  5. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The Cowboys looked like the best team in the NFC. I also agree that the Dallas defense played well despite giving up 48. They made the Pats earn their points by forcing them to convert a lot of third downs. I look for Dallas to go 13-3, lock up home field and go to the superbowl. Henry should come back soon and if Terry Glenn comes back, will provide a big boost in their passing game.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  6. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +163 / 3 / -1

Dallas was as good as I thought they'd be...good enough to hang in for 40 minutes.
  7. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +102 / 2 / -3

That's part of the game - this game was a lot closer than the final score, that's for sure...

And looking at the box score I was amazed that TO had only 6 catches averaging 11 yards.

All those catches seemed to come at big times... and Romo's definately got the potential to make it into the upper tier of QBs.

Nothing tonight changes the fact that Dallas is still the NFC favorite for the Super Bowl (it just changes what the likely pointspread of the expected Super Bowl opponents would be!)
  8. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think Dallas peaked tonight -- Romo's flaws minimized; TO's impactfulness isolated.

I believe they'll go .500 the rest of the season and be among the top 4 in the NFC
  9. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 2 / -3

Man, those safeties lay the wood. But they were nowhere to be found in pass coverage.

They really remind me of that Eagles team in '04, with Romo as McNabb, Derrick Burgess as Demarcus Ware and Michael Lewis as Roy Williams, and TO as himself. They're tough, but the SB champion will be determined in Foxboro this year.
  10. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +192 / 1 / -0

i thought the cowboy players were saying a few calls went against them...
  11. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Please-cut us some slack, we lost, will ya? j/k

Seriously-Congrats on your win-I thought you guys looked outstanding today. And congrats too on making excellent offseason moves-they're definitely playing off.

BTW-do me a favor and beat the Skins and Eagles in coming week, OK?
  12. Fahrenhype

Fahrenhype Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was impressed by Marion Barber part 3 and the pass rush. They did to Brady what I had expected the Chargers to do a month ago (in retrospect I'm not sure why, they didn't really get in his face much in the divisional game did they?).

Romo is pretty elusive in the pocket but I do not think he is the most accurate thrower on earth.

Some of their decisions were pretty odd though. Why not go for it on 4th and at worst have the Pats backed up near their goal line without much of a running game going on?

Either way they're good, but they're not AFC good.
  13. carolinatony

carolinatony Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They are who we thought they were is all I can say. I never really thought they would beat us.
    As long as the defense can play GOOD and we have some kind of running game; who will stop us from hanging 35+?
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,048 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I was impressed early on ... but any coach who thinks he can blitz an entire game is nuts ... the San Diego game last year proved that. With an injured maroney, I would have played in the nickle and dime all day and force us to run. they still would have lost but they may have stayed in the game because their "D" would have lasted 4 quaters.
  15. track dog

track dog Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What the Cowboys showed me was a complete lack of discipline. You can't compete at the highest level and have that many penalties. It's no wonder Parcells quit.

16. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +129 / 2 / -15

#12 Jersey

Count on it!

Anyhow, this game came out exactly how I expected -- a big margin on the scoreboard, but nonetheless a feeling that it was NOT an easy victory.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.