PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dallas fans not all that smart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
tripleoption... I just got back from reading a book on football.

Funny... the first chapter was all about the rules. Apparently, you are suppose to abide by them.

Guess you and the Patsies have written your own football book.

You don't even realize the hilarity you are providing us all. You are the living incarnation of the theme of this thread.

Historically, Dallas always had a difficult time starting with NFL franchises... there were two failures prior to the Cowboys, and they worked out because they became pretty good.
Check this thread out:

http://blog.dallascowboys.com/forums/t/23688.aspx?PageIndex=1

The poster theorizes that we all are bandwagon fans based on (of all things)

stadium revenue!

yes. He looks at the data, and determines that because the stadium revenue jumped after our first superbowl, there were no fans prior to that.

and the rest of the dweebs run around re-enforcing that statement.

lol...I know we can be homers here at times, but there is usually someone that will keep up at least halfway intelligent.....

Funny thing, I tried to create an account there to post a reponse, and "godef" was rejected (no reason, just "not allowed". Ditto godef56 and godef1956, so I doubt all three of those are used up. Think we're getting shut out?

Anyhow, it didn't take too much smarts to get around that... I simply created an account for "fedog".

Wow... the asterisk comment really hit a nerve.

Let's see what you guys can do the next 10 years playing on a level field with the rest of us.
To be on a level field with you would require a labotomy.

Check this thread out:

http://blog.dallascowboys.com/forums/t/23688.aspx?PageIndex=1

The poster theorizes that we all are bandwagon fans based on (of all things)

stadium revenue!

yes. He looks at the data, and determines that because the stadium revenue jumped after our first superbowl, there were no fans prior to that.

and the rest of the dweebs run around re-enforcing that statement.

lol...I know we can be homers here at times, but there is usually someone that will keep up at least halfway intelligent.....

There's a difference between being a homer and being a bandwagon fan. Bandwagon fans only follow a team when the team is having success. You can be a homer and not be a bandwagon fan. Some of the most dedicated fans are ignorant homers.

What I find amusing is that people think that when their team is successful there are not huge amounts of bandwagon fans and that their city magically has less bandwagon fans than successful teams in other cities. Yeah right.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wow... the asterisk comment really hit a nerve.

Let's see what you guys can do the next 10 years playing on a level field with the rest of us.

So, getting killed by the Bills is level?

Still there? Anyone?

Re: Dallas fans not all that smart.....

Wow, the moderator over there just copied and pasted an entire Easterbrook article into the thread. What does that tell you?
It tells me(no offense to Seymour 93) that the statistics are true.Texas has the fatest,and dumbest people in the country.

Re: Dallas fans not all that smart.....

Wouldn't you call a Boston native who only tunes in when a local team is winning a "bandwagon" fan too?

By your definition then I'm technically a bandwagon fan - but I started pulling for the Pats after 5 consecutive losing seasons, what then? The Pats weren't great in '93 but they were playing some exciting games and I got to watch Bledsoe put on some fireworks in that finale against Miami (I hated Marino BTW). Nobody in VA (that I knew) liked the Pats so I thought it would be special to pull for a team that no one else liked. Plus, they weren't a good team so it would be great to see them pull through and make the playoffs.

I think a true bandwagon fan is defined when they jump OFF the bandwagon, either from one team to another, or if they started liking one team and stopped caring when their team did poorly.

It makes me sick when a local can have a passing interest in the team and still be considered a "true" fan when a non-local can be watching every play in good times and bad and be considered "bandwagon".

I absolutely would call a Boston native who only tunes in when they're winning a bandwagon fan! It's not my definition, it's A definition out of many. Dallas fans calling Pats fans bandwagoners is ludicrous given the amount of Cowboys fans across the country with no regional tie whatsoever other than the fact that they were successful and they could be seen on national broacasts. I hate people who jump from team to team depending on who is winning, and I've come across several.

Personally, I couldn't care less why someone is a fan. As long as they're fans of the teams I follow ;)

Haha yeah why is your name Bradyisking??? I actually think this guy meant to write Homoisking! Too funny...

The coach for 2 of your team's Super Bowl wins has admitted to stealing signals with video cameras too.
Fail.

When it was legal though. The camera rule is new. You guys cant really come back with the "you did it too" defense unless they were caught/admitted it after sep. 6 2006.

I don't understand the animosity.

The Cowboys are filled with bandwagon fans, but so are the Patriots.

How does one know without slipping into regional stereotypes and insults?

Harris Poll #95 October 1, 2007

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/index.asp?PID=811

These are the results of a nationwide survey conducted online by Harris Interactive® between September 11 and 18, 2007 among 2,392 U.S. adults, of whom 1,182 follow professional football.

If you look on Table 3, the Cowboys have been football fans' favorite or second favorite team in all but one year (2002) when they were fourth.
(1,1,4,1,2,2,2,1)

The Patriots scored in the middle range of teams until 2004 from when they have ranged 3-6.
(16,11,8,19,3,3,5,6)

Keep in mind that they asked for two favorite teams. If you define a bandwagon team as a team from which a large number of fans have flocked towards when times are good, the Patriots fit better than the Cowboys.

Nothing wrong with that, and I know its in good fun, but I have never understood insults towards broad swaths of people

There's no doubt success breeds a larger following (Dallas fans should know that) but the stadium revenue thing is hilarious because he overlooking the obvious: the Patriots started playing in a new stadium in 2002. If they had never won that first superbowl the ticket prices still would have gone up, and people still would have been going to the games if only to see how far Brady could take the team as a starter for the full season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back