Dallas fans not all that smart...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Va_Pats_Fan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Check this thread out:

http://blog.dallascowboys.com/forums/t/23688.aspx?PageIndex=1

The poster theorizes that we all are bandwagon fans based on (of all things)

stadium revenue!

yes. He looks at the data, and determines that because the stadium revenue jumped after our first superbowl, there were no fans prior to that.

and the rest of the dweebs run around re-enforcing that statement.

lol...I know we can be homers here at times, but there is usually someone that will keep up at least halfway intelligent.....

Re: Dallas fans not all that smart.....

Cowboy fans calling somebody else's fanbase "bandwagon"? Too funny. They've been so successful over the years that their fanbase is largely bandwagon itself.

when they say that the fine was unfair, they have to realize it is a double-standard. If they took away both of the pats #1 picks, they would have to take away two from another team if they were caught.

Last edited:

Every team has bandwagoners. Even long time fans will hide until their team wins some games. Raiders fans are especially coming out the woodworks since they are technically #1 in a wacky division. Fans are like Rex. Good fans, bad fans.:D

Yeah, a 5-11 season in '93 really warrants people jumping on the bandwagon.

I jumped on because of the last game of the '93 season :)

Wow, they really are stupid. In 2002 this little place called Gillette Stadium opened. A state of the art, brand spanking new stadium could possibly increase revenue.

Wow, the moderator over there just copied and pasted an entire Easterbrook article into the thread. What does that tell you?

Dallas fans are certainly morons... case in point, the Cowboys are trying to sell PSL's for Texas Stadium for the 2008 season. No that is not a typo and yes, you read it right. They are trying to sell PSL's for a stadium that will be entering it's final year of existence. Now, they don't call it a "PSL"... it is something ridiculous like a "Pro Seat Option" or something like that...

http://www.dallascowboys.com/tickets_proseatpremium_2008.cfm

Oh, and the Cowboys fans are the last ones who should be getting on NE, because Jimmy Johnson admitted doing the exact same thing himself when he was HC down there.

Check this thread out:

http://blog.dallascowboys.com/forums/t/23688.aspx?PageIndex=1

The poster theorizes that we all are bandwagon fans based on (of all things)

stadium revenue!

yes. He looks at the data, and determines that because the stadium revenue jumped after our first superbowl, there were no fans prior to that.

and the rest of the dweebs run around re-enforcing that statement.

lol...I know we can be homers here at times, but there is usually someone that will keep up at least halfway intelligent.....
This is the very reason I've hated the Cowboys since I started paying attention to football in the late 70's. Since I was a kid, a lot of my friends were Cowboys fans because of the times. They, like the Yankees have the largest base of bandwagon fans that only support their team when it's winning. Let 'em keep talkin' cause I'm betting that, not only do we kick their asses on Sunday, but by season's end, they'll be locked in a tight race for a playoff spot with the Redskins!!

Haha, I love how they disparage Belichick's accomplishments with the Pats because he didn't do as much with the Browns.

Wade Phillips, GOAT. :rolleyes:

Granted, there does seem to be at least one intelligent poster there (idk, there might be more but I couldn't continue reading that drivel), but the vast majority of fans of all teams are ungodly biased, and it's really quite pathetic (present company included).

Any fan of a team other than the closest one, the one with a logical regional link or doesn't otherwise have a direct connection (family history, military, college, marriage, work) to the area is technically a bandwagon fan. Why else would you be a fan of that team? That leaves Dallas leading the charge with the second largest bandwagon in professional American sports behind The Evil Empire. There's no way there are that many transplanted Texans living in CT.

"Hello pot? This is kettle. You're black."

Bandwagon fans are football's way of telling you your wagon's worth riding.

Last edited:

Any fan of a team other than the closest one, the one with a logical regional link or doesn't otherwise have a direct connection (family history, military, college, marriage, work) to the area is technically a bandwagon fan. Why else would you be a fan of that team? That leaves Dallas leading the charge with the second largest bandwagon in professional American sports behind The Evil Empire. There's no way there are that many transplanted Texans living in CT.

"Hello pot? This is kettle. You're black."

I liked the gay guy on the old Buccaneers helmets. :p What does that make me?

I liked the gay guy on the old Buccaneers helmets. :p What does that make me?

I'm not touching that one ;)

Any fan of a team other than the closest one, the one with a logical regional link or doesn't otherwise have a direct connection (family history, military, college, marriage, work) to the area is technically a bandwagon fan. Why else would you be a fan of that team?

Wouldn't you call a Boston native who only tunes in when a local team is winning a "bandwagon" fan too?

By your definition then I'm technically a bandwagon fan - but I started pulling for the Pats after 5 consecutive losing seasons, what then? The Pats weren't great in '93 but they were playing some exciting games and I got to watch Bledsoe put on some fireworks in that finale against Miami (I hated Marino BTW). Nobody in VA (that I knew) liked the Pats so I thought it would be special to pull for a team that no one else liked. Plus, they weren't a good team so it would be great to see them pull through and make the playoffs.

I think a true bandwagon fan is defined when they jump OFF the bandwagon, either from one team to another, or if they started liking one team and stopped caring when their team did poorly.

It makes me sick when a local can have a passing interest in the team and still be considered a "true" fan when a non-local can be watching every play in good times and bad and be considered "bandwagon".

I just joined and I got banned after about 4 posts. I didn't do anything I thought was worthy of that, just fought back a liitle about the Patriots being the only team that steal signals. That site is nothing more than a bully pulpit for one way "discussions"

Wow, that mod is a twat. I especially liked it when he derisively laughed off the NE fan without ever touching on the substance of his post.

Douchenozzle: Revenue doubled in 2002. BANDWAGONERS!

Pats fan: They opened a new stadium in 2002.

Douchenozzle: Haha your post sucked. Here's a gigantic Easterbrook quote.

highly irrelevant, they get a few breaks cause of their easy schedule (not to mention they're in the sucky NFC) to get to 4-0 now they bring us down by making up excuses of what Patsfans are like. HAHA he who laughs last laughs best. Pats will break the Cowgirls come Sunday. GO PATS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes