PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

dallas clark is funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
PonyExpress said:
No you're wrong. The SB champion played a rematch of the Conference Champion in the opening game of the season in those years, if possible on the standard schedule. Hence, 2002: NE vs. Pitt, 2003: TB vs Phi, 2004: NE vs. Indy. The league changed the system in 2005 for the Pats, because neither Pitt, nor Indy wanted to do it anymore. So they settled on 2005: Phi vs. Atlanta. If Indy had won the SB in 2003, the Pats would have opened in Indy on Thursday Night in 2004.
Mostly wrong.

The #1 rule the NFL follows now for scheduling the first game of the season is it's the SB winning team AT HOME. They pick the best game from those home games. In 2004 the Indy game was obviously the best, as a rematch. In 2005 the Indy game may have been the best in some ways but it would have been much less interesting to do it 2 years in a row and Randy Moss' trade to Oakland created interest. This year the MIA @ PIT game was judged the most interesting since it was *obviously* a preview of the AFCCG :)

If Indy had won the SB in 2003 they would have still played here in 2004, that part was fixed years earlier. They just wouldn't have opened the season with us.

Excuses being made 1 week in advance :)

Just my opinion,but I don't have any problem with what he said.
He was whining slightly but in an amusing way,
And really that's what the colts are whiners.
It trickles down from their G.M. who always finds some excuse,Through their Q.B. and down to the rest of the team.
The G.M. Always gives them an excuse for failure and they're only to willing to prove him right.:p
When the pats win this week ,
The "main course" whine will be the field conditions,with a "side course whine"
If this game was in INDY!:rocker:

The most important thing about his whining is that it's clear the Colts hate to play in New England. We're in their heads.

Don't understand why he's complaining. IIRC, didn't we win the last time we played in Indy?

Yep...this coming from the softest TE in the AFC...

Typical...funny...how you can never imagine a Patriot player saying this...Or for that matter you can never picture BB or SP accosting another team's employee.. The Dolts are ****ies - one of the all time soft teams. They are the reinacarnation of the 80's Chargers. It starts at the top with the the head whiner, Bill NaPolian..."they hit us too hard"..."If you really want to see how soft they are, file this under "A picture says a 1000 words"...check out the highlights of the Pats 2005 smothering of them in the playoffs up at Gillette. This scene is on the DVD - Early in the game Manning throws a incomplete pass 3rd down pass to Dallas Clark (who got alligator arms). At the same time Tedy Bruschi gives Clark a shot and shout...you could almost hear what he is saying..."You're not pulling that **** up here..." But, the best part is the look on Clark's face as he scampers off the field...face down, clearly intimidated! He wanted no part of Tedy

Who plays at home/away is completely predetermined, and whether a team wins the Super Bowl or not doesn't matter.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
As long as Clark's comments make it to the Pats locker room, I'm happy.

I guess he thinks that if the Pats travelled to the Colts, all those games would be uncontested Colts blow-outs and would not be worthy of interest to the NFL. Right on, buddy!

I think you are reading waaaay too much into this. He was joking. Plus the ratings comment was likely the small market/large market thing.

I seriously doubt anyone on the Pats cares about what he said and I think it's less likely any would be motivated by it.

workhorse said:
I think you are reading waaaay too much into this. He was joking. Plus the ratings comment was likely the small market/large market thing.

I seriously doubt anyone on the Pats cares about what he said and I think it's less likely any would be motivated by it.

We know he's joking.

He's still a total Pu**y for joking about 'unfairness' and is absolutely lining up excuses ahead of time. To even be thinking that way is failure already.

typical colts behavior, but we wouldn't expect you to agree.

I still remember the 2003 game in Indy with the goal line stand.

Dallas Clark's leg snapped like a pretzel.

(ummm yeah, that's all i got right now....... ??)

SamBam39 said:
We know he's joking.

He's still a total Pu**y for joking about 'unfairness' and is absolutely lining up excuses ahead of time. To even be thinking that way is failure already.

typical colts behavior, but we wouldn't expect you to agree.

I don't think he is making up an excuse, I think he is just refering to the fact that the Colts have played a lot of games in Foxboro lately. When you throw in the scheduling cycle in with the playoff games, there have been a lot of recent match ups in Foxboro.

Oswlek said:
He is right. The league structured a rematch of the conference championships because those teams were already on the schedule.

That could potentially be untrue. For example:

In 2011, Team A finishes second in their division but still goes on to the conference championship. Team B finishes first in their division and faces them. The two teams' divisions didn't play each other in the year, nor did the teams themselves.

In 2012, because Team A finished second in their division in 2011 and because Team B finished first in their division in 2011, the two teams do not meet. Their divisions also don't meet (they would in 2013).

There's nothing in the scheduling formula that guarantees conference championship competing teams from the previous year will face each other in the next.

mgcolby said:
I would like to think he is just being funny because it couldn't be that an actual NFL player didn't know that the schedule's are already determined up until 2009.

It's actually an ongoing cycle. Patriots.com just shows it up through 2009.

Here's the 6-year cycle of the games that are determined by divison finish. This was created with the division restructuring in 2002:

Year 1: vs. AFCN, @ AFCS (AFCW DvD) - 2002, 2008, 2014, etc.
Year 2: vs. AFCN, @ AFCW (AFCS DvD) - 2003, 2009, 2015, etc.
Year 3: vs. AFCS, @ AFCW (AFCN DvD) - 2004, 2010, 2016, etc.
Year 4: vs. AFCS, @ AFCN (AFCW DvD) - 2005, 2011, 2017, etc.
Year 5: vs. AFCW, @ AFCN (AFCS DvD) - 2006, 2012, 2018, etc.
Year 6: vs. AFCW, @ AFCS (AFCN DvD) - 2007, 2013, 2019, etc.

We're currently in Year 5 of the cycle (played Denver at home, played Cinci away, play AFCS)

As you can see, if the Colts and Pats both finish in the same place in 2006 and 2007, both of those games will be in Indy.

workhorse said:
I don't think he is making up an excuse, I think he is just refering to the fact that the Colts have played a lot of games in Foxboro lately. When you throw in the scheduling cycle in with the playoff games, there have been a lot of recent match ups in Foxboro.

and with a big game coming up why is his focus on how often he plays home or away?

he's complaining before the result, having himself a good whine before he even gets his a** kicked. you don't see patriot players making excuses to the media before big games. they're focused on winning.

trying to brush it off is just because your a colts fan.

colt players and the entire organization is the biggest bunch of whiners ever.
doing it tongue in cheek doesn't change what their doing.

As NEM said... but didn't he break his leg on a Ty Law tackle last time they played in Indy?

Oh yah, they lost as well and gave up 38 points... you would think he would want to forget that game....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap//NFL_20031130_NE@IND

"Tight end Dallas Clark left early in the second quarter with a fractured right fibula"

2003: Started 10 of first 12 games at TE before broken leg 11/30 vs. New England ended season…

SVN said:
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061031/SPORTS03/610310390/1100

"I wish they'd come here for once," Colts tight end Dallas Clark said, looking ahead to Sunday night's prime-time matchup with the Patriots. "I don't think they know where Indianapolis is anymore.
"We know they're never going to come here. The NFL wouldn't like that. It would kill their ratings. I think I'm going to get a timeshare there and see if I can save some money."

how is it better for the ratings as supposed to the game played in indy ? and the pats do go to indy next yr

Last edited:
cstjohn17 said:
As NEM said... but didn't he break his leg on a Ty Law tackle last time they played in Indy?

Oh yah, they lost as well and gave up 38 points... you would think he would want to forget that game....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap//NFL_20031130_NE@IND

"Tight end Dallas Clark left early in the second quarter with a fractured right fibula"

2003: Started 10 of first 12 games at TE before broken leg 11/30 vs. New England ended season…

doesn't matter where we play, doesn't matter how they change the rules, doesn't matter what kind of turf is on the ground. Dungy is unarmed in a battle of wits, and the colts are the softest, whiniest bunch of fems to ever pull on a pro football helmet.

SamBam39 said:
and with a big game coming up why is his focus on how often he plays home or away?

he's complaining before the result, having himself a good whine before he even gets his a** kicked. you don't see patriot players making excuses to the media before big games. they're focused on winning.

trying to brush it off is just because your a colts fan.

colt players and the entire organization is the biggest bunch of whiners ever.
doing it tongue in cheek doesn't change what their doing.

Once again, I don't think he is trying to make any sort of excuse, I just think he is trying to add some humor to Colts/Pats week number 24 of the past 4 years. Thus the timeshare line. His focus is still on the game, I bet you he was just answering a reporter's question about having to go to New England again. You say I'm trying to brush it off just because I'm a Colts' fan, well it seems like are reading too much into a couple off the cuff comments because you hate the Colts as a Pats' fan.

Why would a Pats fan not hate the Colts, or for that matter, why would any fan of football not hate the Colts? The GM is a ****ty excuse for a human being, who assaults people and organizations alike, twisting all the rules of the game to benefit himself, looking for special attention every minute of every day, and b1tching when he doesn't get every last possible thing to go his way. The coach is simply a 'yes man' for the GM. The QB has an ego problem, and thinks he comes from a family of entitlement. They have played in a division with very little defense for years, so they run up the score on helpless teams. This makes the media swoon, even though the Colts are a fundamentally one dimensional team which makes them unsound in the play-offs. But next year they will still manage to suck up all the media attention with their daring style of running up the score on lesser teams. And that, combined with Napolian further tweaking the rules, and tailor designing the schedule to his liking, or just bullying and assaulting people to get his way, will make it so easy for the media bandwagon to repeat the same tired story again and again.

If you had a brain in your head, you'd hate the Colts organization too.

workhorse said:
Once again, I don't think he is trying to make any sort of excuse, I just think he is trying to add some humor to Colts/Pats week number 24 of the past 4 years. Thus the timeshare line. His focus is still on the game, I bet you he was just answering a reporter's question about having to go to New England again. You say I'm trying to brush it off just because I'm a Colts' fan, well it seems like are reading too much into a couple off the cuff comments because you hate the Colts as a Pats' fan.

once again, I don't expect you to see it or admit it. Making casual whines about unfairness in the name of 'humor' is second nature for colts and their followers. repeating your claims that it's not happening doesn't change the fact that it is, it just reinforces that your not gonna be able to see it.

he and all your players could save themselves a lot of words by
just saying 'waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !'
whining doesn't need to be overt to be noticed.

workhorse said:
You say I'm trying to brush it off just because I'm a Colts' fan, well it seems like are reading too much into a couple off the cuff comments
Anything a Colts fan says is to be brushed off because this is a Pats fans site. What did you expect coming here? You want a Colts perspective, try the Indy Star. But don't whine about Pats fans acting like Pats fans on a Pats fans website!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back