PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

dallas clark is funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061031/SPORTS03/610310390/1100

"I wish they'd come here for once," Colts tight end Dallas Clark said, looking ahead to Sunday night's prime-time matchup with the Patriots. "I don't think they know where Indianapolis is anymore.
"We know they're never going to come here. The NFL wouldn't like that. It would kill their ratings. I think I'm going to get a timeshare there and see if I can save some money."

how is it better for the ratings as supposed to the game played in indy ? and the pats do go to indy next yr

SVN said:
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061031/SPORTS03/610310390/1100

"I wish they'd come here for once," Colts tight end Dallas Clark said, looking ahead to Sunday night's prime-time matchup with the Patriots. "I don't think they know where Indianapolis is anymore.
"We know they're never going to come here. The NFL wouldn't like that. It would kill their ratings. I think I'm going to get a timeshare there and see if I can save some money."

how is it better for the ratings as supposed to the game played in indy ? and the pats do go to indy next yr

Assuming, of course, that both teams win their respective divisions. I'm still a little wary of those Dolphins.

Oswlek said:
Assuming, of course, that both teams win their respective divisions. I'm still a little wary of those Dolphins.
let me rephrase it then..whenever we play them next in the regular season..regardless its ignorant of clark to make such a statement and even the reporter not correcting the idea.

As long as Clark's comments make it to the Pats locker room, I'm happy.

I guess he thinks that if the Pats travelled to the Colts, all those games would be uncontested Colts blow-outs and would not be worthy of interest to the NFL. Right on, buddy!

As long as Clark's comments make it to the Pats locker room, I'm happy.

I guess he thinks that if the Pats travelled to the Colts, all those games would be uncontested Colts blow-outs and would not be worthy of interest to the NFL. Right on, buddy!

Actually, as whines go I thought Clark's was quite amusing.

deleted...

Last edited:
mgcolby said:

HOME
Houston
Indianapolis
Chicago
Detroit
AFC West
AWAY
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Green Bay
Minnesota
AFC North

HOME
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Washington
AFC West
AWAY
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Dallas
NY Giants
AFC South

HOME
Denver
Kansas City
Arizona
St. Louis
AFC North
AWAY
Oakland
San Diego
San Francisco
Seattle
AFC South

HOME
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Atlanta
Carolina
AFC North
AWAY
Houston
Indianapolis
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
AFC West

so assuming we each keep winning our divisions each year, we go to their place each of the next three years? so then he'll have another one one of those cry-baby colt excuses to check off as 'already used'.

patchick said:
Actually, as whines go I thought Clark's was quite amusing.

Especially given Brady is undefeated in domes and Clark's domed team blew HFA throughout the playoffs to the first team that showed up with a defense in the first round of the playoffs again last season. :rolleyes:

How sad is it when an NFL player doesn't even know how the scheduling works? Well at least he is a Colt so the whining is expected.

PatsSox363804 said:
How sad is it when an NFL player doesn't even know how the scheduling works? Well at least he is a Colt so the whining is expected.

honestly that team would be pathetic without manning.
I realize any team would be much worse if you take away their best player, but I think some teams just totally rely too much on onw guy. I think cassel could still lead this team if brady was out for awhile, but the dolts are just a bunch of worthless pu**ies without their crybaby leader.

christ in heaven...the guy's being funny and you say he's crying. come on...

WV-Colt said:
christ in heaven...the guy's being funny and you say he's crying. come on...
he is funny after starting to whine...

If the Colts hadn't been stuffed at the goalline in Indy in 2003, they would have had the 2003 AFCCG at home. If they'd beaten the Pats in the AFCCG at home that year and won the SB, they would have opened at home in 2004 to defend their SB against the Pats. If they had won that game, they would have played the Pats at home in the 2004 divisional round. So they would have had 5 consecutive home games against NE. See how important WINNING is (not to mention Willie's stuff on 4th down)? Memo to Dallas: stop listening to footsteps, stop dropping easy passes, start learning how to block, and keep your mouth closed.

Last edited:
PonyExpress said:
If the Colts hadn't been stuffed at the goalline in Indy in 2003, they would have had the 2003 AFCCG at home. If they'd beaten the Pats in the AFCCG at home that year and won the SB, they would have opened at home in 2004 to defend their SB against the Pats. If they had won that game, they would have played the Pats at home in the 2004 divisional round. So they would have had 5 consecutive home games against NE. See how important WINNING is (not to mention Willie's stuff on 4th down)? Memo to Dallas: stop listening to footsteps, stop dropping easy passes, start learning how to block, and keep your mouth closed.

No they wouldn't have opened at home, it had been predetermined that in 2004 and 2005 the Pats would host the AFC South team that finished in the same place in the standings, in this case the Colts. This season is the year we play everyone in that division and it is switched up from last time when we played @ Indy and Houston, this year it's @ Tennessee and Jacksonville. The next two seasons the Pats play the AFC South team on the road, most likely the Colts.

PatsSox363804 said:
No they wouldn't have opened at home, it had been predetermined that in 2004 and 2005 the Pats would host the AFC South team that finished in the same place in the standings, in this case the Colts. This season is the year we play everyone in that division and it is switched up from last time when we played @ Indy and Houston, this year it's @ Tennessee and Jacksonville. The next two seasons the Pats play the AFC South team on the road, most likely the Colts.
No you're wrong. The SB champion played a rematch of the Conference Champion in the opening game of the season in those years, if possible on the standard schedule. Hence, 2002: NE vs. Pitt, 2003: TB vs Phi, 2004: NE vs. Indy. The league changed the system in 2005 for the Pats, because neither Pitt, nor Indy wanted to do it anymore. So they settled on 2005: Phi vs. Atlanta. If Indy had won the SB in 2003, the Pats would have opened in Indy on Thursday Night in 2004.

Last edited:
SamBam39 said:
so assuming we each keep winning our divisions each year, we go to their place each of the next three years? so then he'll have another one one of those cry-baby colt excuses to check off as 'already used'.

I was just getting ready to reformat that because the copy and paste didn't work. I am glad you understood it.

I would like to think he is just being funny because it couldn't be that an actual NFL player didn't know that the schedule's are already determined up until 2009. :rolleyes:

PonyExpress said:
No you're wrong. The SB champion played a rematch of the Conference Champion in the opening game of the season in those years, if possible on the standard schedule. Hence, 2002: NE vs. Pitt, 2003: TB vs Phi, 2004: NE vs. Indy. The league changed the system in 2005 for the Pats, because neither Pitt, nor Indy wanted to do it anymore. So they settled on 2005: Phi vs. Atlanta. If Indy had won in 2003, the Pats would have opened in Indy on Thursday Night in 2004.

He is right. The league structured a rematch of the conference championships because those teams were already on the schedule.

Tampa actually played their rematch in Philly, not at home.

If Pitt had played NE in the rematch, it would have been in Pitt.

If so, I apologize for being a tool.:)

I hope Rodney literally rips Dallas Clark's head off of his body and throws it at Peyton Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes