PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dallas Clark fumble

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiZa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I know it seems like I am starting another pointless thread after a bad loss. I watched the Dallas Clark fumble on that last drive (FG drive) and he did fumble it before his knee was down. I wish I had a replay to show you all, but I'm not that computer savvy. I think the refs knew that they blew the whistle too early too because the next play was a run by Addai and he was on his back, but no whistle was called until he was blatantly touched by a Pat defender.

I'm just giving you all something else to get angry about :D

Yeah I thought it was a fumble too. You could even tell by Clark's reaction, he was hurrying up to the line of scrimmage with a cheeky smile on his face. But didn't this play happen right after the failed challenge?

Yeah I thought it was a fumble too. You could even tell by Clark's reaction, he was hurrying up to the line of scrimmage with a cheeky smile on his face. But didn't this play happen right after the failed challenge?

No, but it was after BB had wasted the 3rd timeout, so we couldn't challenge. Exactly why wasting those three TOs was a killer.

The next play happened so fast they didn't even have time to show the full replay on TV.

Great, even more insult to injury.

I think this goes down as the worst game management by BB I have seen.

Good game plan. Pathetic game management.

And I also think Faulk got the 2pts..I watched it on LDTV soo.....

I dvr'd it, and it showed the ball was out before he was down.
BB was a bit arrogant in challenging the 12 man penalty. That put us in a hole for the rest of the half.

Faulk got the 2 pointer, but it's amazing that a ref who was blocked by part of the pile came in to signal him down rather than in, which could have been challenged more easily by the Dolts.

And I also think Faulk got the 2pts..I watched it on LDTV soo.....

And I thought that BJGE got the 1st down on the Dave Thomas play. But we couldn't challenge it. :(

This loss is like a Shakespearean tragedy. At least it's only Week 9 and we are in 1st place in the AFC East tough.

And I thought that BJGE got the 1st down on the Dave Thomas play. But we couldn't challenge it. :(

This loss is like a Shakespearean tragedy. At least it's only Week 9 and we are in 1st place in the AFC East tough.

Couldn't have said it better.

I really feel like it was all pre-scripted after the dumb challenge by BB followed closely by the TO by Cassel. You knew that would come back to bite them, and it did at least three times over on plays they would have otherwise challenged (and probably won).

I dont think the 12man challenge was dumb. What's dumb is the 11th player running off the field. It's just sad Faulk couldn't of gained 10+ yards there and BB would never of had to challenge. I think anyone looking at the replay of a guy running off the field would never of thought he was the 11th player. I'm sure it's something BB will shore up this week.

I dvr'd it, and it showed the ball was out before he was down.
BB was a bit arrogant in challenging the 12 man penalty. That put us in a hole for the rest of the half.

Faulk got the 2 pointer, but it's amazing that a ref who was blocked by part of the pile came in to signal him down rather than in, which could have been challenged more easily by the Dolts.

iam sure someone on the booth told him to challenge it.

I really wish this wasn't brought to my attention.

As if it wasn't bad enough I sat through 3 hours of us moving up and down the field in between nonstop ear-piercing 'five dollar footlong at subway' and 'save by zero' commercials just to watch us hand a win out to our most hated rival on a silver f****** platter.

Based on recent history, Belichick's course of action is clear:

• Publicly complain about the missed call
  • Send the tapes to the League offices for review
This should result in public sympathy for the Patriots and Dallas Clark being fined by Goodell.

At least that's how it has worked out for Shanahan and Haslett. :rolleyes:

BB was a bit arrogant in challenging the 12 man penalty.

It's funny that nobody here thought he was arrogant (or just plain dumb) when he made that same challenge in the SB. Everyone thought he was a god. Just goes to show, even BB can be wrong sometimes ;)

I don't mind that challenge either. Just bad luck, really, that the Colts are such boneheads.

What I DO mind is the Pats failure to execute on a power play!

Not only that, but Kevin Faulk almost got the first down on the previous play. The ref spotted it two yards back from where Faulk was down.

To my eyes, I think he truly did have the 1st down.

Never saw a conclusive angle of the 2pt conv. though.

I agree with all of the above, and thought so while watching those plays as they happened.

Very, very, very frustrating.

If he had gotten it, lets say, then you have the 15 yard penalty, is it 1st and 10 after a 15 yard mark off or 1 and 25?

Very, very, very frustrating.

With the challenge rule on the books, no coach should ever - EVER - burn his last timeout before the 2 minute warning of either half.

That rule is right next to the one about going for 2 before the 4th quarter.

And that rule is next to not challenging for 5 lousy yards on a 12th man possibility when its not 4th down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back