PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dallas claims Justin Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyeechrispats1

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
If this is true I am upset I really thought he had what it took, wow Dallas is stacked at linebacker!

Re: Dallas claimed Rogers?

yes per Reiss see below in another link...

He grew up just outside of Dallas so I'm not really surprised by this.

Should have kept him over Gutierrez

Yeah, I'm really not happy about this. :mad:

That said, if I understand things correctly, Dallas could cut him after week 3.

Should have kept him over Gutierrez

I have to agree here. Seems like Rogers is a good prospect. Dallas is already overloaded at linebacker.

Out of all of the losses that the Pats will experience of other teams raiding their roster, this one, IMO, really bites. I was just getting over Mills now this one really is going to lick especially if he goes on to stardom in big 'D'

Out of all of the losses that the Pats will experience of other teams raiding their roster, this one, IMO, really bites. I was just getting over Mills now this one really is going to lick especially if he goes on to stardom in big 'D'

Could not agree more. THIS BLOWS. However, we had space to keep him without making any other cuts, and we still let him go, so that's saying something, I guess. I'm saying this: C R A P.

I liked Rogers cause to me he looked like the crazy guy Latimer from the movie the program.
I know that he was a roid taking fool but to me the linebacker should be a scary intimidating figure such a Latimer was.
Oh well now I can keep more of an eye on college linebackers this year.
When a door is closed a window always opens.

Especially when there is a stench and losing Rogers really stinks.

There is one piece of good news, if you can call it that:

Like the Patriots, the Cowboys run a 3-4 defense, where the outside linebackers are often making the transition from defensive end in college, and thus need some more time to develop.

There is one piece of good news, if you can call it that:

How is that good news? We know it takes some time to develop from a college DE to 3-4 OLB and we just lost a player to develop.

This was a bad move by FO

They could have kept him without cutting anyone else!

3-4 type linebackers do not grow on trees.

I hope this does not come back to bite them.

Maybe the patriots are looking at a trade without involving Moss to bring in another LB for depth.

How is that good news? We know it takes some time to develop from a college DE to 3-4 OLB and we just lost a player to develop.

My point is that we can only hope (in the sense of the Pats' best interests) that Rogers won't prove ready for prime-time in Dallas, either, and then he can come back here, where his dad said he should be. :) / :(

We could steal him from their practice squad by signing him to our 53 man roster, right? Wonder if we are willing to do that.

We could steal him from their practice squad by signing him to our 53 man roster, right? Wonder if we are willing to do that.

He is on their 53, they would have to cut him first. Like I said earlier in another thread, he would have to be cut and clear waivers.

Last edited:
All this weeping and gnashing of teeth over the Justin Rogers type players of the world has me wondering:

How many players has this team cut that have come back to haunt them in any meaningful way? In other words, how often have they been wrong on a player they axed?

All this weeping and gnashing of teeth over the Justin Rogers type players of the world has me wondering:

How many players has this team cut that have come back to haunt them in any meaningful way? In other words, how often have they been wrong on a player they axed?

Robbie Gould springs to mind, but his case is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down