PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dale Arnold: NFL looking into crowd noise issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodell better do something about this. If he dare sweeps this under the rug I am going to rip ****. If nothing comes of this, I can see BB promising the league that it will be unrelenting in its quest for 19-0 EVERY year until he dies.
I hope Goodell raids the stadium and finds piles of crowd noise tapes in the stadium. I'd like to see Coach Dungy "The Saint" and Bill Polian try to explain that...

There ARE no tapes. All they'd need to do is take the crowd noise, amplify it and play it thru the stadium speakers.

Easily proven or disproven.
If it's a CBS digital artifact, then the sound will NOT be there on either team's radio audio record and will not be heard on the official NFL Films crew filming this game. The facts are easily determined. The stadium speakers should NOT be broadcasting crowd noise and oscillating in feedback. Let's see.

Totally agree. It's possible -- heck, probable -- that it's just a CBS problem. If not, I really believe it will NOT be swept under the rug. Being caught actively manipulating a game in progress is huge. And just like camera placement, artifical crowd noise was already the subject of a special commissioner's memo.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed; but it was probably a CBS hiccup.

I don't know. As stated if it is really the crowd noise being piped in, they will have multiple sources of audio evidence that the media probably will not let die. Also as stated, there will be indisputable evidence one way or anyother. The only way nothing will come of this is if this is really a CBS audio error.

Please be right, please be right, please be right.

Oh, I just would laugh and laugh and laugh.

Imagine all the issues. Other coach/player comments. Draft picks. Dungy's remarks. Please, for the shear entertainment value of it, let this be so!!!!

I want to really laugh.

Oh man, no one would be able to go to that colts board for like ever. They would lock down the hatches.

Oh, if true it will be a dark day for the NFL!

Tee hee...

rats ! just found this about rule

A representative hired by the NFL's office attends every game to supervise the officials and game-day operations. If a visiting team believes these or any other rules are being violated, they contact him immediately, and he warns the home team's public-relations director if he thinks there's a violation. The NFL can fine a team up to $50,000 for a first offense.

but it is cheating !!

By the sounds of it, it sounds like a CD skipping, right? Wouldn't that mean it must have come from a physical source? Hopefully there is physical evidence of the Colts cheating, if they are.

Here's a thought...This game is going to be replayed Wednesday night on NFL network. They can't edit out that sound, so isn't this going to be an embaressment for the league? SERIOUSLY!

where do i go to see this?

By the sounds of it, it sounds like a CD skipping, right? Wouldn't that mean it must have come from a physical source? Hopefully there is physical evidence of the Colts cheating, if they are.

It sounds like feeback oscillation as if the crowd noise was being amplified and rebroadcast feeding back on itself. Or most likely it could be a CBS ONLY digital audio artifact, just like the pixelization errors seen in HDTV broadcasts. Easily determined.

Just heard on EE...there was an audio engineer...that could NOT be feedback...(I agree....) It's teh oscillation of what happens when a CD skips...and the fact that it all of a sudden stops..is another real indicator of what it REALLY is...a CD. Crowd noise...piped in. They also apparently talked to Aiello earlier who said they were looking ointo it...OK..OK..but what an embarrassment for Indy??? For Saint Tony?? FOR those cheaters!! I could care less what Goodell does or does not do..get it out there..make a BIG STINK of it all...that they have a total double standard is what they are all about...

Seeing as Jim Nantz would blow peyton manning and the entire Colts team if given the opportunity...and he works for CBS...this thing is getting covered up as we speak...

There was an Audio expert on D&H just now saying that the only explanation was piped in sound. Dale said he didn't think anything would come of this. How can that be. This is clearly cheating, and if we get slapped with fines and draft picks taken away for wrong camera placement then Goddell HAS to respond in kind or he risks taking the NFL and turning it into a laughingstock!

Man%20behind%20the%20curtain.jpg

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!!"

This will be swept under the rug.

Remember there were hundreds of NFL officials at the AFCCG last year in January feeling the 85 degree heat in the RCA Dome.

I am re-watching it right now, anyone else who has T-vo'd it....go to 14:00 in the 4th..Manning gets sacked...and the crowed erupts in cheers (?)

Even "IF" the NFL determined the Colts violated rules by pumping in artificial crowd noise, it would not and should not reflect on Dungy at all. Polian is the only person that would and should be blamed. The buck stops with him.

Let's not try to put this on Dungy. I highly doubt he would even be told about it. I'm sure he'd have a clue, but it still would not be his decision or responsibility.

Where is the radio feeds?

The radio feeds might get their crowd feed from somewhere else and the simulated noise wouldn't be as prominent. Just throwing it out there. Because unless CBS comes out and says "that was our F up", there's no doubt that that noise is a loop skipping.

If this goes our way BB simply has to use Dungy's post-cameragate comments word-for-word as his response.

OTOH, the NFL would probably fine the Pats another 1st for BB plagiarizing:mad:

There was an Audio expert on D&H just now saying that the only explanation was piped in sound. Dale said he didn't think anything would come of this. How can that be. This is clearly cheating, and if we get slapped with fines and draft picks taken away for wrong camera placement then Goddell HAS to respond in kind or he risks taking the NFL and turning it into a laughingstock!

Ya, ask a guy that you don't know who he is and that wasn't there to give the final expert opinion on it. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes