PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dale Arnold: NFL looking into crowd noise issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patdown93

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
After listening to a clip from PFT.com it's almost obvious it's not a CBS problem because Nantz voice can be heard perfectly at the same exact time. It definitely sounds like a skipping CD though.

Why is it that nobody that was at the game (players, Patriots fans, New England area media, or national media) is talking about this? The only people talking about it are the ones that watched it on TV.
Sweating a bit are we, huney bunches?

There is nothing worse than someone who takes a morally high ground while doing the same thing he castigates others for doing. Excpet maybe fans who sream about cheating of one team while trying to ignore it when their own team does it.

Shame, shame.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl...?urn=nfl,52422

...Observers at the game said there seemed to be a "skip" in the sound during the game Sunday,

Dale Arnold just said on WEEI that he spoke with Greg Aiello, the head of officiating of the NFL, and Aiello said that pumping crowd noise is definitely illegal and they are investigating the reverb. He said that they need to check with CBS first to see if it was not a technical glitch from the CBS audio.

Dale Arnold just said on WEEI that he spoke with Greg Aiello, the head of officiating of the NFL, and Aiello said that pumping crowd noise is definitely illegal and they are investigating the reverb. He said that they need to check with CBS first to see if it was not a technical glitch from the CBS audio.

PFT confirms...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

LEAGUE LOOKING INTO CROWD NOISE PHENOMENON AT RCA DOME

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells us that the league is looking into the strange audio phenomenon that occurred near the start of the fourth quarter on Sunday between the Patriots at the Colts.

As explained by some Internet hack on SportingNews.com, the crowd noise made a strange vibrating sound (and then got considerably quieter) in the middle of a New England offensive play.

The audio is right here. (And to prove that we didn't doctor it, the same phenomenon can be heard at the 2:23 mark of the highlight package on NFL.com.)

it will get put under the rug. i highly doubt it will surface unless there is red handed proof.

If they are found guilty, they should be heavily penalized. This would CLEARLY be breaking the rules to gain a competitive advantage. If true. If Polian dares shove this under the rug, he should be removed from the competition committee, as the guys in WEII suggested.

Now wouldn't this be sweet, if the Colts got busted for this?

I just don't hear it on the audio (radio) feeds. The CBS feed is obvious.

it will get put under the rug. i highly doubt it will surface unless there is red handed proof.

Oh I know you are right.

But wouldn't it just be sooooooo sweeeeeeeeeet!!!

Now that, would be out and out cheating.

Here's a thought...This game is going to be replayed Wednesday night on NFL network. They can't edit out that sound, so isn't this going to be an embaressment for the league? SERIOUSLY!

Easily proven or disproven.
If it's a CBS digital artifact, then the sound will NOT be there on either team's radio audio record and will not be heard on the official NFL Films crew filming this game. The facts are easily determined. The stadium speakers should NOT be broadcasting crowd noise and oscillating in feedback. Let's see.

On another note Holley is on a tear about Polian as a competition committee member. Says he's intimidating the league and the commish.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry. My finger was skipping.:rocker:

Ha ha ha. Gimme a break. Nothing willl come of this, bank on it.

Goodell better do something about this. If he dare sweeps this under the rug I am going to rip ****. If nothing comes of this, I can see BB promising the league that it will be unrelenting in its quest for 19-0 EVERY year until he dies.
I hope Goodell raids the stadium and finds piles of crowd noise tapes in the stadium. I'd like to see Coach Dungy "The Saint" and Bill Polian try to explain that...

Last edited:

You're RIGHT!.

BUT only because of the media/league bias towards the Colts.

If caught they should be punished and not have this swept under the rug.

I don't know. As stated if it is really the crowd noise being piped in, they will have multiple sources of audio evidence that the media probably will not let die. Also as stated, there will be indisputable evidence one way or anyother. The only way nothing will come of this is if this is really a CBS audio error.

Cheaters !!! use that word !!! they did ! and you dont need any analysis if it helps or not. or if it helps for their next game. ! it helps immediately!!! 1st round pick, and 1 mil fine and polian banned from stadium for 3 weeks !

they Cheated ! and many teams can testify to that !

and what would a man say about it? BB for instance....we are just looking towards out next game !!

now we will see if the league is fair

"Ignore the man behind the curtain!"

It'll be swept under the rug, just like the Steelers team physician being caught by the Feds purchasing $160,000 of HGH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down