PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dale Arnold, football savant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Dale Arnold, he is kinda a voice of reason in a very hysterical field, yesterday listening to the big show and they got into a long term argument about A Rods antics, whether this ever happened before or not. In this sea of self serving egomaniacs, he is tends to be a voice of reason. Michael Holley compliments him well.

I almost drove my car into a wall on Tuesday when he said "Jeremy Jacobs would spend above and beyond to help the Bruins win a championship but he is not allowed to because of the salary cap."

What? Maybe is was an exact opposite segment and he and Holly were making statements that were purposely false and the exact opposite of reality.

For the longest time I though Butch Stearns and John Dennis were the two most uninformed people in the Boston sports media but after listening to Ned Flanders he may have a claim to the title.

Dale is safe, I forgot abour ****erson. He is the hands down champion.

Today a bewildered Dale Arnold offered up this doozy: "Can someone tell me why there are any defensive players at 'passing camp'?" thereby opening his mouth and removing all doubt he is a football fool.

I was listening, and it sounded more like an attempt at Seinfeldism than a real question. You know that "can someone please tell me ... what's up with that?" tone.

He was making the point that the defenders are not really allowed to play defense (hit anyone or even make jams at the line), so why the hell should they even bother to be there?! Just put a bunch of schmoes off the street out there if all they're allowed to do is watch guys run past them. It wasn't a serious assessment of training practices.

The defense of Jacobs is just his classic "lets be reasonable, these guys are not as bad as folks say" form of contrarianism. It's the opposite of Felger's contrarian rants of "lets nitpick every minor mistake the Pats brass makes because these guys aren't as perfect as everyone says."

DALE MUST GO!!!

By the way, as long as La Cosa Nostra Jacobs owns the Bruuuuuuns... Fuhgeddaboudit!

I think he sucks. He's always talking about hockey while supposedly dealing with other sports topics.

Not interesting, not knowledgeable, not funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back