PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dale Arnold Broadcasts..

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I like him in the 10-2 spot, even though he tries to co-opt to the younger crowd.. be what you are Dale.

OTOH I do not like him in the broadcast booth, really liked Gerry Tribiano.. he was less energetic, mirroring baseball and all the time integrated a lot of baseball history and nuances of the game.. Dale is too hyper..

I think you mean Jerry Trupiano.

So far I think Arnold is doing a great job and I'm so glad Geffner is out of there. He was horrible.

DA calls a great hockey game which is not easy to do. Any idea why NESN went in another direction?

Last edited:
NESN apparently didn't want him back.. They wanted him to host the games (not play-by-play), and he didn't want to do that. I found a post by Dale, but I can't post a link until I have more posts to this site.. Here is the content:

Just for the record, my work at WEEI had nothing to do with this decision by NESN, despite what they have said to make it seem inevitable. They first approached me, and said they wanted a single play-by-play announcer, and would I accept the Eric Frede role as host for all telecasts. I said that even if I could accept the demotion --- and that is how I looked at it --- I couldn't possibly work that many nights. They then asked if I would serve as host for the home telecasts. I again reiterated that I considered myself a play-by-play announcer, not a studio host. In possibly the most painful moment of my professional life, I told NESN that if I could not continue as play-by-play announcer then I could no longer be a part of their telecasts. I feel that the advantage of having one of two Bruins' announcers also serve as a talkshow host on the highest rated sportsradio station in America outweighs the perceived advantage of a single play-by-play announcer. NESN disagrees. This has been brought up as a possibility in the past and the Bruins have come to my defense in the past. I guess all dreams must come to an end, and this puts an end to mine. All I ever wanted was to be the play-by-play announcer for the Boston Bruins. I always joked that they had to pay me for the day job, but that I would do the night job for free. Now I can't even do it for that.
Dale

DA calls a great hockey game which is not easy to do. Any idea why NESN went in another direction?

I agree ... so far I am not impressed by his baseball announcing.

However, Dale is a real professional so we'll see.

Arnold is awful doing baseball. He's a mama's boy & elitist. He thinks he knows it all. Too homer for me. He reminds of the spoiled little rich kid at school who always tried to act tough when he was hanging with the big boys. He got canned from NESN because he was their #1 appologist on WEEI, and fans, in their fed up frustration with the Bruins, kept calling him out on it. He finally started to criticize the B's a little bit, and guess what? Yup, they canned him. Demoted, canned, same difference. I found it comical, and very expected, that he became so vocally critical of the team as soon as he was let go. That's Arnold in a nutshell. Appologist fraud one day when he's on the payroll, and the teams most outspoken critic the next. He now talks like he never watches the games, or doesn't know didly about the B's unless it's a chance to criticize. He's a tool. Nice guy maybe, but a sports tool. I'll never forget him thinking the Thornton trade was a good one.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back