PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DAL v. IND tonight 8:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
As to the disintegration of the Colts O line and D, they have another month to get it right or close enough to right.

Colt's schedule:

NO
@TEN
@HOU
DEN
TB
<Bye Week>
@JAX
@CAR
NE
@SD

They should be 5-0/4-1 heading into the bye regardless of their OL/DL situation. NO and DEN are at home and HOU likely won't have jelled enough yet to pull off the upset.

After the bye, they better have it together since the next 4 weeks are brutal. All contenders, 3 on the road, all physical defenses, all with the potential to be solid running teams (JAX and SD are superior, NE has to prove itself and CAR has underachieved in the running game recently).

Reminds me of the 4 game stretch in 2002 when the Pats got completely exposed in their run defense (@SD, @MIA, GB, DEN). Pats lost them all, scrambled to get back into the playoff race but couldn't quite make it. Not saying this happens to the Colts this year (a lot depends on how much their division opponents have improved), but starting that Monday night in Jacksonville the Colts will get their mid-term exams...and the NFL don't grade on a curve.

fox's nfl fact checker sucks

bs_stat.jpg

fox's nfl fact checker sucks

bs_stat.jpg

i had two moments last night in which i spoke aloud to an empty room

1) I f'n hate that guy (looking at joe buck as the coverage began)

2) I f'n hate that guy too (seeing the above screen shot)

LOL, the Pro Bowl MVP is such a stunningly important award :rolleyes:

LOL, the Pro Bowl MVP is such a stunningly important award :rolleyes:
the funny thing about it is, carson palmer won the pro bowl mvp last season

it's the media giving peyton credit for two things he didn't even do last season.....stupid fox

Colt's schedule:

NO
@TEN
@HOU
DEN
TB
<Bye Week>
@JAX
@CAR
NE
@SD

They should be 5-0/4-1 heading into the bye regardless of their OL/DL situation. NO and DEN are at home and HOU likely won't have jelled enough yet to pull off the upset.

After the bye, they better have it together since the next 4 weeks are brutal. All contenders, 3 on the road, all physical defenses, all with the potential to be solid running teams (JAX and SD are superior, NE has to prove itself and CAR has underachieved in the running game recently).

Reminds me of the 4 game stretch in 2002 when the Pats got completely exposed in their run defense (@SD, @MIA, GB, DEN). Pats lost them all, scrambled to get back into the playoff race but couldn't quite make it. Not saying this happens to the Colts this year (a lot depends on how much their division opponents have improved), but starting that Monday night in Jacksonville the Colts will get their mid-term exams...and the NFL don't grade on a curve.

Ahhhh, the timeless Argument-From-Schedule.

You find out the next Monday (or Tuesday) who won the game, not by looking at the schedule. Games you're supposed to win don't equal games you win.

We only have one way of seeing any team's worth, and that's to watch the games. But since you and I are speculating, I'll say this: we have no experience with a rash of starter departures from Indy. We do not know whether we see the old familiar fast-starting Colts or, well, something else. Given just the first four, in a worst-case scenario they could be 1-3 out of the gate, and given a good game by Young (TN.) The Saints and the Broncos, regardless of venue, have talent. I don't give Indy more than 3 points for home dome advantage, my friend... So while I also expect a 4-1 start, possibly 5-0, I think a 2-3 is probably the downside of the continuum.

Again, all our prognosticating is crap. But we will see when the season comes around.

PFnV

Ahhhh, the timeless Argument-From-Schedule..

Are you saying that the schedule doesn't make a significant difference in a team's success or failure? If you are, I'll give you credit for having a unique perspective on things.

You find out the next Monday (or Tuesday) who won the game, not by looking at the schedule.

Ummm...sure, I think I understand. Don't speculate on who will win a game based on silly information like the quality of the competition and where they are playing since you aren't guaranteed to be 100% accurate. Do the people in Vegas know about this?

Games you're supposed to win don't equal games you win.

...except when they do. Just wanted to cover all the possibilities.

Thanks for adding your insight to my post. I assume you will be helping out other posters that speculate on a team's success or failure before the games are actually completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back