4a) David Thomas - TE
4b) Spencer Havner - ILB/OLB
5) Brandon Guillory - ILB/OLB
6a) Willie Reid - WR/KR/PR
6b) Steven Gostkowski - K
6c) Matt Bernstein - FB/TE
7) Carlton Jones - RB

I'll go with Option #4.:singing:

Very thorough. My only reservation is Addai who I just don't like. I watched alot of LSU over the past few seasons and I'm not a fan of his running style. He always takes big hits, he doesn't run with elusiveness or show special quickness. I see him as "just another guy", and would avoid him. His straight line speed is eye-popping but his 20 yd shuttle was worse than any runner at the combine, I believe. Gostkowski is my favorite kicker also, and I agree on Havner. Interestingly, RB Mo Drew was with Ricky Manning jr at the Denny's when that computer geek was beaten unconscious. I wonder how that will affect his draft stock as far as the Pats are concerned... I have questions about Todd Watkins toughness over the middle. I like Mark Anderson but all things being equal I'm leaning toward Daryl Tapp, because although he deosn't have the measurables he seems to have better football instincts and just made more plays. Some of these other players I'm not familiar with so I can't really comment. It looks like you did the research so I'm in no position to disagree...

I'll take #1

PonyExpress said:
Very thorough. My only reservation is Addai who I just don't like. I watched alot of LSU over the past few seasons and I'm not a fan of his running style. He always takes big hits, he doesn't run with elusiveness or show special quickness. I see him as "just another guy", and would avoid him. His straight line speed is eye-popping but his 20 yd shuttle was worse than any runner at the combine, I believe. Gostkowski is my favorite kicker also, and I agree on Havner. Interestingly, RB Mo Drew was with Ricky Manning jr at the Denny's when that computer geek was beaten unconscious. I wonder how that will affect his draft stock as far as the Pats are concerned... I have questions about Todd Watkins toughness over the middle. I like Mark Anderson but all things being equal I'm leaning toward Daryl Tapp, because although he deosn't have the measurables he seems to have better football instincts and just made more plays. Some of these other players I'm not familiar with so I can't really comment. It looks like you did the research so I'm in no position to disagree...

PE, I appreciate the comments. As for Watkins, that's why I have him as a 5th round pick and not a 3rd. Also why I have Brandon Williams in there.

As for Tapp vs. Anderson, It was a coin flip and I felt that Anderson's measurables and some of his intangibles made him a slightly better choice.

DaBruinz said:
Option 3:
1) Nick Mangold - C/G
2) Mark Anderson - OLB
3a) Maurice Drew - RB/KR/PR
3b) Jason Avant - WR
4a) David Thomas - TE
5) Brandon Guillory - ILB/OLB
6a) Willie Reid - WR/KR/PR
6c) Matt Bernstein - FB/TE
7) Carlton Jones - RB
Above is my personal favorite, though I don't know who Brandon Guillory is. Also, with Drew already drafted as a KR I would go towards a different position at 6a - possibly DL?

Of the three, I think #3 is the one i'd go with. Best value on that list. IF those are the first four picks we make, i'll be very happy come Monday morning.

I like the first mock because of Lawson. I'd love to see him gain some weight (muscle weight, of course). That is if he is gonna replace Willie.

Option 1:
1 - Manny Lawson - OLB
2 - Addai - RB
3a) Klopfenstein - TE
3b) Brandon Williams - WR
4a) Montavius Stanley - NT
4B) Spencer Havner - ILB/OLB
5) Adam Jennings - WR/KR
6a) Jason Hatcher - DE
6C) Matt Bernstein - FB / TE
7) Cartlon Jones - RB

I'll go with option 1 because I like Lawson and Addai but my favorite pick in this draft is Adam Jennings - WR/KR. I think he will fit perfect(Deion#2)

Option 4!!!

Option 2:
1) Manny Lawson - OLB
2) Richard Marshall - CB
3a) Klopfenstein - TE
3b) Maurice Drew - RB/KR/PR
4a) Brandon Williams - WR
5) Todd Watkins - WR/KR/KO
6a) Brandon Guillory - ILB
6b) Steven Gostkowski
6c) Carlton Jones - RB
7) Matt Lentz- OG/C

Last edited:
I like #1 the best but I would have liked it more if you'd slipped us a Center in the middle rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back