PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DaBruinz 2015 Patriots Needs Thread (early edition)

The more I think about it the more I wish that we can find someone desperate enough to trade down our first for their second and third (or another combination involving a second).

If we then are able to trade some of our 3rd/4th picks for an additional second round pick we might be able to end up with 3 second round picks. This could give us a chance to fill not only long term needs in the trenches but also maybe get off one luxury pick (Williams, Gurley, Doriel Green-Beckham..) before the real crapshoot portion of the draft starts...

I think this is the only scenario where I'd be comfortable going with Gurley or Beckham that early.

To everyone who wants to keep the first round pick I ask: what is the big difference between picking at 32 or some kind of early/mid second rounder ?

The more I think about it the more I wish that we can find someone desperate enough to trade down our first for their second and third (or another combination involving a second).

If we then are able to trade some of our 3rd/4th picks for an additional second round pick we might be able to end up with 3 second round picks. This could give us a chance to fill not only long term needs in the trenches but also maybe get off one luxury pick (Williams, Gurley, Doriel Green-Beckham..) before the real crapshoot portion of the draft starts...

I think this is the only scenario where I'd be comfortable going with Gurley or Beckham that early.

To everyone who wants to keep the first round pick I ask: what is the big difference between picking at 32 or some kind of early/mid second rounder ?

It's too early to say. Right now, there's not a lot of difference but ask again in four months :)

My preferred scenarios right now are either a trade up or a trade back. I don't mind trading up for someone like Eddie Goldman or TJ Clemmings if the cost is reasonable. Otherwise I probably trade back a few spots, then consider trading up from our 2nd round pick if a target is within reach. This is what Manx refers to with his Cam Erving + Maxx Williams scenario.

A lot depends on free agency, but I think a Day 2 G and Day 1 DE are likely with Day 2 and 3 WRs

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back